Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey guys. nice work~!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow i have just added you to my top artists folders, absolutely LOVVVEE your artwork, style, and imagination... truely some greatdesigns and I have nothing to crit, all I can do is gawk at this work. definetly inspiring me to do some crazy demon stuff now! thanksalot!!! +5 stars, CHEERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello again!

Rico Rodriguez – haha, cool, I'm glad you like them!

RandAlThor – as long as they inspire you good things, it's all good . Thanks for the kind comments and yes, I'm posting a process for you. I hope you understand the mess.

ShaunLey – thank you!

Xerotin – thanks for stopping by!

Idiot Apathy – thanks for your comments!

Charle – hi there, thanks!

jMarkus – it's very encouraging to get comments like yours (and the 5stars!), so thank you so much!

So, these last two weeks were kinda busy at home. Some fun family reunions, guests, food, desserts, wine, scotch, beer, plenty of good times. Not too much time to follow my new portfolio schedule, or sketch, pencil render or coloring, neither to check sketchbooks and say hi to the fellow artists who have posted some kind comments on my sketchbook nor all the good stuff recently posted on the forum. Before going to bed, I decided to post whatever I've got done and catch up with my regular schedule tomorrow.
    RandAlThor requested to post a process and I tried my best doing it. For this design I was so distracted watching some LOST episode. I lost the track of the show so I couldn't understand what was going on, at all, so I would do three lines and whatch the tv, and again, until the show ended. This is not the way I sketch. I just run any of my music playlists on foobar2000 (great music player, btw) and let the ideas flow.

The description of this demon, Bune (I called him Bunerus), talks about some human and dragon elements so I decided to show those elements everywhere without using the typical wings, fangs, dragon face, etc.
    Halphasicus was incredibly fun to design. According to his description, he looks like a stork and builds towers and fills them with guns and ammo, hence the bunch of guns and ammo coming out of his body

I'm also posting a pic of my tools (mechanical pencil for 2mm B leads, F pencil, kneadable eraser, battery-op eraser, etc) and the list of different descriptions I have to start designing. I draw on a CANSON 11x14 Universal Recycled sketchbook. I love the size of the sketchbook, except for scanning which, most of the times, has to be on two or three steps.
    Anyways, a tiny update I hope you enjoy.

Love and hugs.

Attached Images Attached Images        

4. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to luness For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Jamesy is offline Kevin Durant's Manstalker Level 6 Gladiator: Provocator
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for sharing your process! I've been looking at this thread since you started it and always wondered how you go about your work. Awesome stuff!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    what an amazing sketchbook, really cool stuff mate!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Luness, thankyou for that, it really helps clarify things a bit. I would love to see some light ink washes applied to them, but i think i would be scared of ruining such a nice pci... keep posting dude :-)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I just logged in to say that you are my favourite artist on these forums, i find your work imaginative and really inspiring for a younger artist as myself. Take wannabe off the thread title because you don't need it.

I'd love to see a video of you creating one of your sketches.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the process shots, Really like the Halphasicus design!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This stuff is crazy.
    The only thing you need now are more dynamic poses.

=================================
    Sketchbook
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=120761

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow...fantastic work. Finally something unique and idiosyncratic...great inventive stuff!! Love the consistency and presentation too.

Dan_Grr is offline Explorer's descendant Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What is there to say? You have a great imagination, I will try to keep an eye on this thread.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fantastic work here. Really hits that imaginative zone, very well drawn aswell, obviously.

Share more. Love it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Almost done

Hello,

Although there are still a bunch left to do on pencil, I started coloring the designs I have posted on my SB. It's been slow because I'm also writing down all the specs and descriptions of an old cartoon I would like to re-design, so I've been watching dvds and not too much drawing or coloring.

Jamesy – you're welcome!!

Setherial – thanks a lot man!

RandAlThor – I'm considering the light ink washes for them, but yeah, since it's a technique I have never used before, I'm truly scared to make a mess, so I will try doing that but in Photoshop, which at the end is another tool. Cheers

dannyboy91 – haha, wow, I'm flattered. The wannabe is not about me, although I'm very conscious I'm still learning and I'm miles away to be called pro; it's about my upcoming portfolio. I might or not include some of the pieces I will be posting here, it's about the making of my portfolio, not a definitive thing, hence the wannabe title. About the video? I'll see what I can do, but please, be extremely patience

Quinn Simoes – it was kinda weird to stop drawing and scan from time to time, but I'm glad it gives an idea of how do I work.

humanNature6115 – thank you!

Peter Konig – I'm so glad to have you on my sketchbook. What an honour. To get words like “fantastic”, “unique”, “inventive” from a veteran and talented artist like you it's truly encouraging and inspiring. Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

Dan_Grr – thank you!!!

UCT – thanks a lot!! I'll do my best to post every weekend or so.

So yeah, my first colored demon. I still call it a WIP because I want to do some more detailing here and there, but it's almost done. Abadoom is based on Abaddon, who is described as king of the locust, which makes me think about deserts, sandstorms, and a giant cloud of locusts flying around him. He's a giant, and I put a little human to show its scale but it looked quite ridiculous, so I'll find another way to show it. In the meantime, here you have what I've done so far:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great Drawings! Great work.

"absorb what is useful, discard what is useless, and keep what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee

Bojee's Monkey Brain
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=29869&page=54

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that looks awesome colored!

Dorkthrone is offline The skyline was beautiful on fire. Level 12 Gladiator: Laqueatores
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Those pictures look amazing. Moar plz.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You should be working on a computer game company or something with that level and huge imagination you got man it's really impressive i love that "blue feeling" you got on those creations and knowing that it's self teaching process makes it even more amazing, keep it up friend!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bojee – thank you!

stonercurly – I'm glad you like it! it's the first colored piece of the group

ninjacat11 – I've been away from the sketchbook and computer for a while but I'm back, so yes, more will come

Suira – wow, thank you for your kind words, I hope someone out there read them too

Anyways, the past two weeks were quite annoying for all the continuous blackouts, due to the heavy rain and lack of maintenance of the power lines, etc, etc. I'm so glad I got a UPS for my computer but still, I had little chance to color my pieces on a steady pace. However, I did have a chance to design and pencil render the last pieces of the “demons” group. Starting next week, I'll be working on a different genre (sci-fi) alongside this one, and spending more time learning other sketching techniques. My goal is to get pro quality pieces and concepts but also speed up a bit more the way I work, following a tight imaginary schedule. It is possible to do.

Alright, I was thinking to have simple colored bgs, all different for each demon and, after having three bg designed, I noticed they looked as single designs or ideas, not as part of the same project, so I decided to keep the original paper bg for them to look as part of a group and I totally love the way they look.

So, here you have Abadoom, King of Locust; and Ammeeticus, based on Ammit. The Petraas are supposed to be demons afflicted with insatiable hunger for a particular substance or object, but they have limited capacity to satisfy their appetite, thanks to their small mouths, thin esophagus and tiny hands. Well deserved.

As long as we stop experiencing those annoying blackouts, I'll keep posting, hopefully more often than usual.

Love and hugs.

PS: listening suggestions about ink washes to my pencil renders, I tried it digitally and didn't like the result that much. I have no idea how to make an ink wash so it did it in Photoshop, but it stopped looking traditional and started looking like something else. I'll keep trying because I did like how some highlights here and there added extra value to the final pieces. We'll see

20. The Following User Says Thank You to luness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow. pld: You got uber-skillz, sir. Thanks for the little tutorial, btw; cool stuff!

Can't wait to see more!!!

Look, see! Nifty art! http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=99803

Hey! Check out my blog here

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow, dude! this is amazing. really inspiring !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, thank you so much for the kind comments!

So, when I was about to start with a new genre, besides to my demons/angels work, this DEEP stuff came around and I really want to participate so, I stopped working on what I was doing and start sketching and coloring for the DEEP utopia thing. Once we reach the deadline by the end of June, I’ll catch up with my design schedule.

I spent some days organizing my thoughts and decided to have like a storyline to follow so, briefly, it’s about a small group of marine biologist that get stranded for a while and end up in an unknown location similar to the Bermuda Triangle and once it’s calmed and safer after the storm, they decide to dive into the deep waters looking for an explanation of some strange lights and silhouettes coming from the bottom of the ocean. It’s then when they discover new creatures (those I’m posting) and, after some different immersions here and there, the utopian society living deep underwater. I still have to work on some details but it’s pretty much the main idea. My goal is, besides working on the writing part, to show in the final DEEP post like a sort of notes, photographs and illustrations that were found on a wreckage, which would be the scientist’s ship. Like a documentary thing. Nobody knows where they are and what happened to them, but the notes, the drawings and the images might speak for them.

So, these are some of the creatures they caught in their nets and capture units, preserved in fairly good conditions, and one “photo” taken with an underwater camera. I might do more of these but now I’m working on the scientists, the utopian city inhabitants, etc. I’m thrilled.

Anyways, I hope you like what you see. Remember that these are WIPs but they’re almost done and that I will post the final designs on the DEEP final thread. Crits and comments always welcomed.

Cheers.

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to luness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, killer artwork!
    Seriously, superb stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow! I am completely blown away by these. Awesome stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're talented, no doubt about that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    All of that stuff here... those are one of the best, craziest, most courageous and wonderful imaginative designs I've ever seen! Uber great!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, such fantastic, crazy designs! Very very inspiring, thank you so much for sharing!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wicked!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Amazing work. You have such a wonderful imagination. Thank you for posting your progress shots.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really nice designs luness! I look forward to seeing more of your Deep concepts.

Thanks for sharing,
    Quinn

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Luness,

those DEEP concepts are...uhm...ah...I...got no words...! Great, you are my personal winner.

But I have to tell you, I like the b/w pencil drawings of the demons more than the coloured ones. Mh, yes, the coloured pieces are great but there is more "life" in the pencils. I think, they are stronger. The others are too "perfect" in a way, for me, there is nothing more to imagine. Haha, I hope you understand, what I mean!? The b/w works have this mystic touch to me, I can see whole worlds in them...a feeling like flying away! But that's just my tiny little opinion.

Nevertheless, great stuff, looking forward for more!!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 5