Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: graphite & wacom from march08 to feb10

Thanks
    Hello friend, I am so impressed particularly by the rhythm and beautiful quality to your particle and smoke effects
    ( see pheonix http://www.conceptart.org/forums/att...1&d=1206930632)

its fucking sublime, an big kick of inspiration for me

and of course every other aspect of your drawings- but i had to point out my attraction to this quality particularly in your work

thanks, looking forward to seeing more
    I got one of them sketchbooks too dontchaknow
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hello great work. big fan. How many years have you been drawing? thanks

Thanks
    fresh gun designz!

Thanks
    Hey man!
    Wow, very nice.. And inspiring! I like your drawings, the figures are exagerated and crazy yet balanced with their feet(or whatever ) on the ground. Your under water inspired stuff is very nice, there is so much interesting stuff down there, a great source.

Im gonna try to think of some crits and directions.. hmm..

Well as your figures, the design and shape is very interesting and well done they hold quite well with only that, though i dont see you work very much with light in your images. Of course they are not intirely without any thought on lightning, but the light doesnt hold near as much quality as you figures, their design and shape. I think if you would do some experimentation also(i see you do loads of experimentation with form and shape, BUT) with your work flow and maybe put some focus on other elements of imagery, such as lightning, or maybe start of with colors instead of lines, or whatever. You could also try start working in photoshop directly.

In your transfer from sketch to photoshop i think you loose alot of sharp textures and everything gets smoothed out a bit, maybe work too keep some of those nice hard texture shapes/surfaces from you drawings.

I can totaly see if you are comfy with the way you are working since your results speak for themselfes, but maybe you could do even more awesome stuff if you experiment some more with your workflow..

This is all just my personal oppinion, your work already hold an amazing quality.

Good luck and keep it up!

-Niklas

Thanks
    Amazing stuff mate. Gun designs are awesome. Like you sketches allot too!

Chris
    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    wow youre drawings are awesome, your creatures actually scare me, fantastic job on those!

Thanks
    your shapes just flow so perfectly. I love how your new paintings preserve that quality from your drawings
    For Science- Sketchbook!

Thanks
    Tiny update, but first:

BigPapaRaels – thank you!

Kfeeras – no man, not yet, haha. I would like to get much more assorted designs done by the end of the day, every day, in both traditional and digital. Thank you!

smuckers – I really enjoyed working on that smoke and flames. I got some inspiration watching Akira and Ghost in the Shell. I love how did they work the explosions and fire. Thank you for stopping by!!!

xobgob – thank you! well, kinda complicated question that would require a long answer but, briefly, let’s say that I’ve been drawing whenever possible since just few years ago, after graduating from the 2D animation program. Last year was kinda hard for me to go through for different reasons, I literally stopped drawing, I lost motivation, will, hope, everything; so I like to think that I was sort of born again this year, “square one” kind of thing, and that I’ve been drawing just since I started this SB, haha

zweiDee – hi there! Thank you!

FrozZT – thank you for such nice feedback and suggestions!!! Not too long ago I wanted to start sketching and rendering in color, directly in PS, but I kept having problems with my computer so I decided to postpone my plans and fix it first. It seems ok now so I will start doing that soon.

Hive_minD – Thank you man!!

naRai – hahaha, cool!

ForScience – thank you so much! I’m learning how to render in PS, it’s hard but I’m very happy with the results

Two nights ago, I was about to go to bed but I decided to take a new sketchbook and use it for random designs and sketches, not necessarily full rendered pieces or a particular subject, just design exercises to keep my creativity sharp and also expand the number of subjects and themes I could include on my portfolio. I doodled some shapes thinking about airships in a fantasy world, leaving apart any technical and mechanical geekiness, and focus only on cool factor, and then added more details the next morning. I enjoyed so much adding tiny stuff here and there (the designs go from 3inches to 5inches max.) that it took me a whole day and part of this one to finish them all. Plus, at the same time, I was checking some SB and also checking two sites for references and ideas (http://www.darkroastedblend.com/ and http://listverse.com/).
    They could have be done faster, but I was so distracted. Next time, no distraction, and I’ll save web surfing for the weekend.

I hope you like them. First time I do airships! Enjoy the tiny pilots too!

Bye bye and thanks again.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Holy cow, these airships are completely badass. There are some awesome shapes going on. Any process shots? I'm really curious as of where you started.

Thanks
    Hey Nightblue, thank you for the nice words! I didn't have any process shots by the time I read your note, so I decided to design a couple of airships and show you how I did it.
    They're really easy to do, and kinda fast to get them done. The most important thing is to have some reference in mind while doing them, like airplanes, submarines, boats, etc; so then you can use your imagination and play with them.

Sorry for my English, I'm so sleepy right now.

Anyways, I hope this post gives you a better idea of how I designed the two sets of airships.

Cheers!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to luness For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks so much for showing the way You work. Your mind is an artistic highway man, I can hardy follow Keep that great work flowing

Thanks
    wow. I LOVE this stuff!! thank you for the steps on the air ships I really enjoy seeing things like that. Also love the design style you've got on those airships. inspiring

Thanks
    Very cool luness! great airship designs. Love the gun designs as well.

Q

Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast