Chow 109 :: VOTING :: Extraterrestrial Immigrant
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

View Poll Results: who's out of this world?

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 2.70%
  • 15 13.51%
  • 2 1.80%
  • 30 27.03%
  • 32 28.83%
  • 6 5.41%
  • 23 20.72%
  • 28 25.23%
  • 0 0%
  • 8 7.21%
  • 2 1.80%
  • 36 32.43%
  • 15 13.51%
  • 0 0%
  • 3 2.70%
  • 10 9.01%
  • 10 9.01%
  • 26 23.42%
  • 24 21.62%
  • 1 0.90%
  • 3 2.70%
  • 12 10.81%
  • 0 0%
  • 56 50.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chow 109 :: VOTING :: Extraterrestrial Immigrant

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Chow 109 :: VOTING :: Extraterrestrial Immigrant

FINALS ONLY
    -=ROUND 109=-
    -=EXTRATERRESTRIAL IMMIGRANT=-

-------------

-------------------

IF WE HAVE MORE THAN 45 ENTRIES - NOT ALL ENTRIES WILL MAKE IT TO POLL
    A MAXIMUM OF 45 ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED IN THREE CATEGORIES:
    CATEGORY 1 - Beginner's category
    CATEGORY 2 - Intermediate's category
    CATEGORY 3 - Advanced's category

ACCEPTANCE TO POLL WILL BE BASED ON THREE CRITERIA:
    1: DID THE ARTIST FOLLOW THE BRIEF? (allowance for creative takes will be made).
    2: IS THE PIECE ARTISTICALLY SOUND? (Is the illustration "finished?" - did the artist pay attention to anatomy, perspective, other fundamentals?).
    3: IS THIS ILLUSTRATION THE BEST ONE? (reserved for rounds with a large amount of entries).

Depending on round turn out, the number of accepted entries in a given Category may vary from round to round. For example, if only 5 Advanced entries are made, that leaves EXTRA 10 slots open for Intermediate and Beginner.

Only Advanced Entries will be accepted for the the thumbs on the Queens Roster. If no Advanced entries are available for a round, then it will fall to the Intermediates. If no Intermediate are available, then it shall fall to the Beginners.

For further information on how this works, please see this post. (Still being updated at this time).
    --------------------

SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY:
    1: You must submit ONE full sized image.
    2: Make sure your name and CHOW # are EASILY READABLE on your entry.
    3: Use the Standard format (Below);
    [I][B]

PLACE THE IMAGE IN A FRAME WITH YOUR NAME/TOPIC
    SAVE YOUR FILE IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT:

Chow##_Nickname
    example: "CHOW#100_Oregano.jpg"

THE REST IS EASY:
    1: No comments before poll is set.
    2: Sit back and enjoy the show.
    3: Good luck to all.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by daestwen; March 20th, 2008 at 02:28 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A religious leader on it's own planet, the "Ark of the Rose", fled to earth to escape execution.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Welcome to Earth. NOTICE! Do not proceed without reading Legal Disclaimer.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A cold hearted individual by default, Arkrak fled his home planet annoyed by the strict laws and attitudes against violence and sin. He heard that Earth was the perfect place where murder, rape, and an endless list of other acts of violence and disgust were commonplace and committed on a daily basis by people against each other. Even better, he heard that whenever a particularly harsh act of violence was committed, the citizens of the planet actually make the individual famous and broadcoast it on the news so the whole world can know, and in turn providing inspiration for other pieces of shit to try to out-do the current piece of shit already being glorified to the world. Violence and hatred have become accepted into the human culture because people are a disgusting, selfish race of beings, therefore the laws are lenient. The immigration laws on the other hand, are still very strict on the planet and as soon as Arkrak can overcome that, he will fit right in.

Last edited by DeKal; March 8th, 2008 at 06:39 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A lonesome traveler wearing earth fashion as far as he knows it standing at the ancient entrance way of earth, a planet abandoned by earthlings hundreds of years ago.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The Rha'laf aren't too pretty to look at but that doesn't mean that they don't have an appreciation for our fashion!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Even though Thar'araq was a certified cyber-ware installer and nano-esthetician on his home world of Kan'kha, here the only job he could get was driving a hover cab. Go figure.

Last edited by Lucky Munky; March 9th, 2008 at 06:47 PM.
    Art is a Weapon
    DESIGN WITH CAUTION !

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Extraterrestrial Immigrant

Communication was hard at first for this creature when arriving to earth, but thanks to its amazing ability to visually represent things it sees, it can create a face to communicate with anyone on earth. These skills have been found useful in translation and understanding behavior.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Extraterrestrial Immigrant

one cheeseburger, please.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Meet Tristhus a Xalliau. These aliens are a foul smelling species, carrying their decaying food source (other dead xalliau, but humans will do in a pinch) directly on their backs. The digestive foam like bacteria absorb the dead carcuss and trasfer nutrients back through the yellow organic tubing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This species, so called Treyfons, is fairly new to planet earth and it's originial inhabitants. Attempts to communicate with these extraterrestrials failed.....but what leading scientists from different fields do confirm, is that a Treyfon..at no point.. knows what it's doing or where it's going.

Last edited by Delmar; March 10th, 2008 at 10:21 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Shimrit immigrates to israel, she found herself enjoying the shopping at the big malls. Like every immigrate, she changed her name to an israeli name, her past name was Hxz'erde.

Last edited by Lior Schiller; March 9th, 2008 at 08:07 PM.
    Art, Commissions and Online classes
    My Site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Our little alien friend here had read about how some immigrants to the planet had looked on other species as "less than favorable" when they arrived. Here's just a sampling of the bumper stickers he saw en route to his new home...

www.costumesketch.com
    I looked at yours, now you look at mine...sketchbook here

"The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger outta there." - Ralph Wiggum

"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

"Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My first entry into the finals. Nyt Crawler represent an insect-like, migrating extraterrestrial species that travel from planet to planet for valuable alien resources. It's basically a space roach.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Chow 109 by depict
    This is my first entry for chow.

Once a vision of splendor, the Quarquin were adorned with golden armor, after arriving on earth as immigrants, the native humans of earth have hunted the Quarquin out of their greed for this armor, their life on earth has become one of fleeing from their would-be human captors.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think it needs more work, but I have no more time before the deadline

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's mine. I tied it into the comic book universe I'm working on. In the years after the war between the Titans, The Throne and The War Titan (spoilers!), Earth's people, now forcefully connected to it's neighboring worlds in space, faces issues humanity has never faced before. The new world government is struggling to piece itself back together again, never mind keep track of who or what is coming to Earth uninvited, now that The Throne has finally left. An Ouranian woman and her child, come to Earth in hope of a new life, now that Earth has been connected to the univere's families. Unfortunately for her, Earth's people just spent the past few years fighting off a military invasion from her kind, so however open to extra terrestrial life Earth may be, the point of entry for herself and her child are going to be high.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there are some areas that could use some touch ups, but its almost 4:30 am and i am tired, so here it is

Last edited by themissinglink; March 10th, 2008 at 03:07 PM.
    Blog: My Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This species has adapted to earth reasonably well: even though the species has only one gender (which could be considered a male) earth people, especially men, have welcomed them warmly after the initial shock. Generally, this species tends to get employment as prostitutes or in other sex business, and doesnt seem to mind it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Despite of there size earth welcomed the new immigrants from Dallo BV0832, not only because they were very useful for various construction tasks, also the Dalloans possessed the ability of genetic bioathination witch research stood at that point in time in its beginning developments process.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

BLOG
    CgHub

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I totally didn't have enough time for this one.... But here goes.

Originally a spiderlike bug back in ancient times, the Qtepta easily fit into the world on Earth, demanded because ability to use their once legs as hands (devolving because of their dependency on floaters), therefore being able to do several things at once, and with presicion. They use scents and click to communicate, but after entering space, they made their floaters able to translate their farts into different languages.

This is Ptaqk, on his way to just another day at work. It's Monday. He hates Mondays. But at least he have some hot sugarwater with him.

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No Entries Past This Marker

~Oreg.

Character of the Week :: A weekly character exploration activity.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Manaburn: I like your edges, texture and limited colors. I am having a hard time figuring out what I'm looking at though. But that's still kind of okay cuz he is an alien afterall.

Pav: I feel so bad for him! He looks so confused and scared. Voted for you based on that perfect emotion you captured.

Kanappe: Nice colors and definitely a nice clothing design.

DeKal: Interesting little commentary to go with him. :p It's really well drawn, so you got a vote from me. Also, his face and nipples are pretty hilarious to me.

Nightblue: Not quite as polished as it could be, but you put him perfectly in his environment and I love his design. His clothing looks great on him. Got my vote!

Candyjanney: Like the rendering and colors. Didn't seem like an immigrant to me (even though I know logically an immigrant would shop at our stores). It seems to be missing an element that could really help me "believe" it.

Lucky Munky: I really enjoyed the bg and the alien's face. The character looks a bit like he's floating right now though...

Proteous: Loooove the fannypacks. Had to vote for this one! I only with the doggy was as "finished" as the alien. It's so easy to miss the drug overtones when the dog blends in so much...

Tom Garden: Great render, I had to vote for it. But it doesn't have very much "individual character." It reminds me more of something for COW.

|flow|: My favorite from the bunch- Hilarious. I was seriously cracking up. He's got that stupidly-happy look on his face while he stares blankly at the customer. I have been that customer in quite a few situations. XD Totally got my vote.

Wollstonecraft: I like the design, but the lines seem a little shakey. Was this scanned or inked on the computer?

Delmar: Love your colors and description. Can't quite figure out what's-what in the design. Maybe that was intentional based on the description though XD

Tipa: Pretty much same comments as Candyjanney... Cute design, nice colors, but doesn't quite say "immigrant" to me, even though I know immigrants would be trying to assimilate into our culture and everything.

MadHatter: Very funny (and sad, haha). I like his face and design lots. I think a super simple desert highway or some other bg would offset him better, right now the grayish color seems really "heavy".

Tok: Interesting design and good colors. The hard green squares seem a little too "digital" and sharp for the character though...

depict: I like the colors a lot. I'm also a sucker for localized atmospheric fog so yay! Good job.

Vorace: I really like him. The colors are very nice and the design is unusual and impressive. Even with the id, I don't see him as an immigrant though. That's my only gripe with yours, otherwise it looks terrific.

Lalilulelo: Love the concept and colors. Image seems a tad "soft" and maybe a bit flat, but otherwise I'm really impressed with it.

themissinglink: Awww he's cute! Something seems a little flat with the torso, but that might be his alien-anatomy so I wouldn't say that's a very big deal. Love the arms!

crobin: Ha! I was thinking this one was a little over-the-top but then I read the description and thought it was hilarious. The colors are really nice too. Looks like someone could get a bj and anal at the same time from this guy since his face is like... a giant butthole D8

tommoy: Love the environment and design. Good job!

Shardana: I like the fact that you did a scene, and I love the animals they have. I wish it had more detail or maybe color

sorknes: I like it a lot except one thing: Are those lines on him wrinkles, or fur?

'Cuz life is full of your regrets, and I should be one...

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PuppyKitten For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wrinkles *lol*

I wasn't really intenting to throw him there, but then I saw there wasn't that many in the final burning, so I threw it there anyway

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow...i suck
    What the heck makes you say that? Yours is one of the best. Sure it only has 7 votes but there really haven't been many voters this round at ALL. A lot of people prolly didn't read your commentary either, so they didn't get how angry he is.

Without that context he looks more like a bodybuilder than an immigrant. People never read what they should :p

'Cuz life is full of your regrets, and I should be one...

31. The Following User Says Thank You to PuppyKitten For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PuppyKitten, thanks for recognizing the emotions I tried to show

I vote for Delmar, it has different alien anatomy and the rendering is well done.

Crobin, props for humorous idea!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.