Rogues Pages
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Rogues Pages

RayJ is offline My portfolio: http://rachelscomics.carbonmade. com Level 1 Gladiator: Andabatae
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Rogues Pages

Hey~

I'm fairly new here, and young, so I figured I might as well post in the Critique Center to get a bit more help.

This is, well, one page in a novel that I'm working on. It was done with Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0 in around 7 hours. I realize there are a good amount of anatomy mistakes, along with the backgrounds, and I don't think I will go back to fix this page. I'll just keep critique in mind for the future.

So, here is page three of my comic, The Rogues.

I don't want to post previous or more recent pages because most of them have a lot of problems and aren't worth posting.

So... please tell me if I posted this in the wrong forum or not. XD

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    there's not a lot of separation between the backgrounds and the characters, except for the yellow guy, making the characters kind of dissapear.

Find your light source. The highlights and shadows look pretty arbitrary in many places.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    also the text is really transparent and hard too read, i know u probebly did that cause u dont wanna remove part of the picture, but its really just confusing, thers a reason text usaly displays on a white background.

also, make bigger frame borders, now theyr really thin and its getting hard to read the panels by making a thincker border the reader might have less trubble understanding which pannel is wich, right now they kinda melt in together.

(ye, also the placement of the test is really confusing, the arrows dosnt always point to a character which is rally confusing, ur not really sure who sais what)
    and about the anathomy and all that, well ye its not perfect but its not that bad, ur definitly getting buy and one can read and understand the characters, so for an online comic its totaly exepteble, but remebre, then u really need to have a good story, and be able to tell that story.

and ye, i think this was the right forum. keep it up and think a little bit more about the whole page, not just the single picture.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.