Sketchbook: Images & Words
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Images & Words

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icon Images & Words

Proceed to the end of the sketchbook in order to view recent artworks.

Last edited by clanlord; May 20th, 2013 at 12:50 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The woman with the sword is very nice, especially being from imagination! The cloth on her looks great also. The only thing that I see to critique is that, considering the angle of the sword, it seems that more fingers should be shown on the hand holding the sword. Other than that, beautiful work

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mosthorribleyet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really amazing work--only thing I'd take issue with is that holding a sai like that is a good way to get your fingers cut off

5. The Following User Says Thank You to notorious white moth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Scetches

Thank you! I'll obverse the advices you gave me, now I'm drawing 6 more pictures, similar to that style of painting, I use a lot of graphite, so it's going take a while! Just want to draw more pictures to post them all, I can take a photo just now if you want to see!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

PullSlinger

Hi there, I am drawing a few new stuff, and I am very interested in speed painting, so i managed to draw this guy! I'll post more pictures tomorrow when i copy them to the computer! Please write your opinion!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New black and white drawing

Hey there, I haven't posted any pictures since while! Just wanted to show some of my new drawings! Feedbacks and citiques are welcomed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Not bad stuff. Some of your designs have some very nice patterns, but in order to fully express yourself in your drawings you need to get strong basic skills. Get good books on perspective and anatomy and do a lot of drawings from observation. Check the Andrew Loomis books if you have not already. All the basic stuff you need are in his books. Keep drawing!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fantasyartist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Some new drawings

Hey there, I did some drawings last week, I'm sorry I can't post more stuff because there's no much time, I am studying in Language School! Now I'm working with photoshop the drawing must be ready in a week! Feedback are welcomed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Zdravei Maistore!

I love this concept: http://conceptart.org/forums/attachm...1&d=1205859385

If you don't mind me trying to do a paintover of it please drop me a note, that's is really a great concept.

In general you need to work a bit more on capturing the shapes of the humans better. Study photos or even better if you can get into a life drawing class. It all gets better with practice, don't give up!

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Niva. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really appreciate, it's matter of honor for me, thanks for the comment! But i really don't have much time to draw, if I have a whole day to draw or a week, oh god I think I'll be able to draw more and more! Really I need time! I want to add you FRIEND, I see you know Bulgarian, I want to know you better can we make some contact by skype or other way? Thanks man!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wolverine

Hey there, I managed to draw wolverine from X-Men, because I'm really big fan of marvel universe! I used two kinds of tools on photoshop and 2 layers! It took me almost 4 hours, feedbacks and critiques are welcomed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey bud, I told you I really liked the concept and I worked on it for about 3 hours tonight. Here is the result, not sure I'm done but this should give you some ideas on how to push your images farther:

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Niva. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know what to say! I'm just amazed! MAN YOU KICK ASS! This rocks, I like it a lot! The sky is perfect! You should work more on the light on the sword!

Last edited by clanlord; March 24th, 2008 at 10:18 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Something i noticed in your pencil drawings, get away from smudge shading. Its more difficult at first, but shading with just the point of your pencil gives you alot more control and will help you develop your technique much faster, among other things.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarebit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New stuff

HELLO FROM BULGARIA! New B&W! I did some finger and arm studies, I really prefer pen drawing, now I'm drawing few new stuff with pen, I want to overdraw them on photoshop and they are really good, I have so many ideas but no time, always studying go to school at 8 to 4:30 come back home, and there is no time for some serious project on photoshop! The last pictures took me no more than 10 minutes, just a fast pencil drawing, hope you like them! Feedbacks are welcomed!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello to all concept artists! I want to show you some of my new drawings, I wnt to improve myself in engraving drawings! The pictures are not with very high quality, because the copyer is not one of the best! I will have a big break from school studyes and Im going to proceed very seriously and do some body studyes! I like B&W drawing and i will perfect my experience in drawing! I'll be very happy if you post some critiques and feedbacks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Robot

Hey there! Nice to see ye guys again! I managed to work on photoshop a little bit these weeks! You know there's school and many other problems to solve , so this one took me 1 week! I have worked 1 hour a day! I think it looks fine for a amatior like me! It look more like a fast drawing, but never mind! Feedback are welcomed, i wanna learn more from your advice! Now I am working on another robot, its a little bit more difficult than that one! So comment!

Last edited by clanlord; April 3rd, 2008 at 03:38 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

grinder

Hi! I draw a monster called Grinder inspirated by the works of Aleksi Briclot (hell of a artist) ! It took me a little more than 3 hours! I have some more works but they are on paper in the desk, soon Ill have a personal copyer and Ill update my scetchbook daily! I hope you like it! (sorry for the english, critiques are welcome) AGH, one question, how can I add thumbnail to my scetchbook, please tell me?

Last edited by clanlord; April 6th, 2008 at 01:53 PM.

Evergrey is offline There's no point in No-point Perspective Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the robot: try and make its material a bit more specified - if its shiny metal i think it should have some more highlights and so. that would also help getting the pic more interesting.
    last one looks good, liking the contrast that blue does to the black bg and his red body. a little concerned about his jaw that seems a bit too long. my best tip is to imagine the joints and how it all would fit together if it was being closed and opened.

anyways, really good work with the details in most of your posts, and wooow, liking those hand and eye studies! You have pretty cool ideas and a nice sketchbook, so: keep it up!

ps, march 10th is my fav i think, its really cool!

Would he walk upon the water If he couldn’t walk away?
    And would you, Would you carry the torch for me?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Evergrey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really appreciate your advice! I obversed the idea about the mouth of the monster and correct it! I think 5 minutes had been enough to paint over the bottom jaw!

Last edited by clanlord; April 7th, 2008 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some drawings! Tomorrow more! I want to say that one girl from my class made me to do this picture with the angel! I think it turned good for a fast draw! Critiques please!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Wink Mutated

Now i have a scanner and ill post more! INSPIRED by one of my favourite FPS games S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I decided to draw my own mutants! A little bit funny, hope you like them!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

new stuff

hi there here are more pictures!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi again! I like to draw very much from a little child, this is the another reason to post here! The first is that I really want to prove myself in drawing and I hope to study in art academy in London after Language School that Im studying in now! Im keen on fantasy characters and every day I do some body studies, but they are so much that I felt lazy to scan them all! Now something about the todays characters! I draw the second one at school breaks, because I havent got much time! I do the most of myslef to throw away the stupid books and draw in my free time! Feedbacks are welcomed!

donalfall is offline The Cat's Deputy (POW! Moderator)
    donalfall (at) gmail.com
    Level 10 Gladiator: Equites
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, thanks for the kind words in my SB. You're showing lots of improvement since you started your book. The most recent portrait from April 8th is quite a lot better than your portraits from March 18th, for instance. You're also obviously quite prolific. There's a lot of stuff cropping up here, so you're more enthusiastic with your scanner than I am with mine.

So, what do you need? Your figures etc are quite elongated, which could be the beginning of a 'style' if you keep pushing it. You'll need to heed several things I get told every so often - your figures need more volume, more roundness in order to seem more 3d. Your tones are good but need to be pushed further.This one is heading in the right direction.

Your figure drawing is good, but needs to be practised. Also, I assume you're working from photos - I know that's convenient, but you can't beat from practise from life to improve. And you need to copy a few Master drawings. Just google search, or buy some of those cheapy "Dover Art Library" collections of stuff by various masters. They're neat.

I'll keep an eye your direction. You keep an eye on me. Oh, and do the CHOW's and the POW's and so on. They're great.

P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

33. The Following User Says Thank You to donalfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Little update

donalfall
    Hi and thanks for the comment! I am going to hold up to your advices for the volume of the figures and more realistic shadows! But you know I havent got such experience (for 14 year old) as the big artist that you give me for examples in your private message to me! I like pretty much H.R. Giger his works are fantastic! The one and the only thing I need is free time (GOD DAMN)! But on first place is drawing! For the elongated figures I dont know, just a remainder of a old animations that I have been watching from a small child! My mentor is Aleksi I like his works more than anybody! In every picture I go through so many ideas in my head and then I catch a pencil and start to draw! I really give the most of myslelf in each character I make! I really want to lengthen my advance in art and do some serious projects in future! So thanks very much for the support you gave me! And here is some quick body drawings!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 672 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, and thanks for dropping by my sketchbook!

Great stuff here! I don't really know what to say, cause donalfall pretty much said everything I wish I started anatomy study when I was 14.. ( your latest picture ).

My only tip would be, keep drawing! don't stop.. if you see something cool that you really feel like "Oh I wish I could draw like that", then try. Copy it, and learn a thing or two by doing it just dont forget to give the original credit, if you upload it somewhere hehe.

Cheers // DV

Do what you love ~ Love what you do
    Sketchbook|Blog|DeviantArt

Check out
    FrozZt
    ManMadeGod
    Mokinzi
    Ryn
    Spaggen
    TwoListen
    UmpaArt

36. The Following User Says Thank You to DefiledVisions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    those figure studies are real nice to see. Real improvement from the first post to the last one. Keep up the good work

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Tea Drinker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Little update

Ok here are some more! I want to do some really serious body studyes tonight and Ill post tomorrow! And guys thank you for the advice Ill observe it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hi again

Hey CA! Im very mad about my internet service, I didn't have internet last week! I draw some stuff and do study on human anatomy! Hope you find some mistakes to tell! I really want to advance more! I haven't got much time for more studies but soon Ill grab the Bames book for Naked Human Body and do some serious studies! Feedback please! (and the soldier is one of my first drawings on tablet, very badly but I found my mistakes)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2