Thanks
    Thanked 1,218 Times in 254 Posts

Jason, tell us about the new artists?

You said before you deleted the forum(before anyone but i probably saw it) that you were going to add new artists to the main page of conceptart.org - Could you tell us who or is it top secert?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,435 Times in 2,935 Posts

hmmmm

well...there is actually a pretty thick list of people we would like to add.

the first is of course..don seegmiller as we have announced that previously. Don is a wonderful artist who has mastered the traditional and the digital medias. He is also an excellent teacher and we will hopefully be able to enjoy some of that.

the second is John Dickenson...the artist who judged the first round of the thunderdome. This guy has got the skillz....he worked in comics inking for travis cherest previous to his work at black isle. He has a great eye for style and for color.

the third is a concept artist/3d guru from black isle studios...vance kovacs. Vance and Justin Sweet have studied together for many years...sort of like phil hale and rick barry. You will like his work a lot.

those are the first three off the list that we have time to add...there are others...patience will tell you who they are.

Thanks
    I love the fact that conceptart.org is a gathering ground for conceptartists worldwide!

The thing I would REALLY like to see is a magazine where art actually used in games 'n' stuff is shown, cuz a site like this can become a bit... chaotic sometimes.

Like the concept stuff for warcraft III, the fact that they put character sketches online was a major teaser for all the gamelovers out there. No matter the copyright laws! In fact, I'm convinced it could boost the sale of games in general, and of otherwise unknown games in particular.

Right now the only official things you can find are online, and very meager.

What could be cooler than buying a mag filled with full-page sketches/renders and comments, techniques, artist interviews?!

It doesn't already exist does it?
    What brick through yonder window breaks... ?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Cannibal80
    The thing I would REALLY like to see is a magazine where art actually used in games 'n' stuff is shown, cuz a site like this can become a bit... chaotic sometimes.
    -----
    What could be cooler than buying a mag filled with full-page sketches/renders and comments, techniques, artist interviews?!

It doesn't already exist does it?
    I have no clue if it exists or not, but if it doesn't, it's an excellent idea to start one
    A good thing to start with would be a webzine - a magazine online, where you can either browse it like an ordinary site, or download the "real thing" in PDF format and print it out yourself. Since lots of interesting stuff is posted on this board, it should be pretty easy to put together a magazine with that stuff, plus some "exclusive" features as well.

Thanks
    I would kill for a magazine that had that type of work in it. I looked at a couple of other mags like sketch and draw. They were more comic related....

Come on conceptart.org.....you guys could do it....make it bi-monthly. You guys aren't very busy anyway (runs and hides).

Thanks
    It's like this:

I'm thinkin' there's a lot of people interested in the 'scene', but most mags I know are just about computergames, not development, not conceptart, or just about programs to use.

I think it's really important to know how a game (or movie, or whatever) is built, from the ground up, starting with the concept, concept art, storyline, etc.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a magazine that covered these things? You could have interviews with writers and artists, how they worked together, and how they thought about the programs that were gonna be used on the game (or movie, or whatever) they were creating. What was the inspiration? What changes were made? Why?

Huh?

shadowfax Guest
    Originally posted by Cannibal80
    Wouldn't it be cool if there was a magazine that covered these things?
    [/B]
    Yep... I'd subscribe.

Thanks
    Hmm, thats a really good idea.

Maybe have it like Game Developer Magazine and have concept artists working in the biz write articles on the trade, like ways to convey ideas, tips, etc..
    - loken
    jtriska @ mcleodusa.net

Slater Guest
    Sign me up for a subscription to this godly magazine. what a great idea!!

Thanks

Talking

I knew I was on to something...

Thanks
    *drools*
    So who wants to start that magazine with me?