changing brush size on the go?

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

changing brush size on the go?

I realized there was a thread about this kind of thing a while back and i've tried reading it a bunch of times and i don't understand what is being said.

I, like the person in the last thread regarding something along this nature, have my scroll bar set to pen size in Painter X. The only problem is it goes up and down SO SLOW, in increments of one. when I use my pen clicker and "increase/decrease size" it goes up or down by 1 each time.

I'm sorry, but ONE is just too little sometimes. I want something that happens more like in photoshop. Is there anyway I can more quickly and steadily change brush size with my scroll bar, or anything else for that matter?

Thanks. i've just been dealing with it, and the "size bar" isn't that far away, but I can't preview it, sometimes it takes me a good amount of time to finally set the brush size.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,

I can't help you with controls on your tablet since I use an Intuos 2 and don't use even those buttons.

Here are a couple of ways to change brush size using the keyboard (I hold the stylus in my left hand and use the keyboard with my left hand):

Method One:

Hold down the Ctrl+Alt keys (Windows) or Command+Option keys (Mac). Your cursor will change to crosshairs. Click and begin to drag the cursor and you'll see a dashed line circle indicating the brush size with the crosshairs cursor at the edge of the circle. Drag your cursor out to make the brush size larger or in to make it smaller.

Method Two:

Click the [ key to make the brush size smaller, click the ] key to make it larger. Hold down either of these keys to decrease or increase brush size continuously until you let go.

Using the Size slider and/or Size number field on the Property Bar (I do this with my stylus and right hand for the arrow keys, though I could just as easily use my left hand for the arrow keys.):

Size slider - Click and drag the Size slider left to decrease brush size or right to increase brush size.

Size number field - Highlight the existing number field and click the up arrow key to increase brush size in percents. Click the down arrow key to decrease brush size in percents. (As I recall, it's something like 5%.) If you hold down the up arrow key or down arrow key, the brush size will be increased or decreased continuously until you let go.

#

Last edited by Jin; March 3rd, 2008 at 10:22 PM.
    Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    AH! command and alt! thank you very much.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ctrl+Alt for Windows, Command+Option for Mac.

You're welcome!

#

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Perhaps the "Brush size increment..." ... thingie... may be of some help, iono... fiddle, if you might like to... ...

"Edit -
    Preferences -
    General..."

Sorry if i may be of little help...

Caio... ...

I'm Burning A Hole In Your Mind...

Criticism Encouraged

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.