Comic Project - The World of Reath
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Comic Project - The World of Reath

Hey everyone.

A friend and myself are working on a setting and storyline for an online comic we wish to make.

My friend is a programmer (so he will work on the website) and hes also the one writing most of the storyline. I create 3d models using Zbrush and 3ds Max, and we need 1 more teammate, who can create concept art for me to convert to 3d (it will faster making the comic this way- Instead of having to redraw the creatures in every strip, we could just render them from a different angle) and also create 2d images of minor characters and props.

About The Setting:

Basically, in Reath there are 3 major races that fight each other constantly, and yet need each other in order to survive. This is because battle also creates offspring in an indirect way. So for instance when the first race battles the second, offspring of the third race are born, and when the second race battles the third, offspring of the first are born, and so on.

The first race is called Kurouri. The kurouri are spiritual wolf-like creatures who wander Reath in small packs.
    The second is the Vizeers, which live in huge colonies on top of clouds that they infest. The infested clouds are sentient and act as the leaders of the race. (At least thats how it seems to be)
    The third race is the Reavers, lone and gigantic warriors who are born once in a long while and serve a very specific (and cryptic) purpose.

Each race is well defined and has original concepts involved in it (or so I hope); For instance, the Vizeers are born blind and need to pick up eyes from eye-bushes that grow in the forests and attach them to themselves. The eyes decay after a while and so they must pick new ones. The eye theme is pretty powerful in our story, and it is connected to other things as well.

Another example would be the birth of the Reavers; When Kurouri and Vizeers fight, a Cigg is born, which is a Reaver egg. These eggs are sentient, intelligent and mobile, and they are born with a very specific purpose. They need to find something (I won't say what it is because thats a big spoiler to the comic) and the moment they find it, they are killed, and the creature inside them hatches - A Reaver, which is completely different in its personality and purpose than the egg it hatched from.

These two examples of things which I personally find original are just the tip of the iceberg; We have lots of interesting concepts and themes such as these involved in our story, and I really don't mean to brag, but I think we're on to something pretty big here.

Theres also a fourth race that secretly pulls the strings behind the actions of the other three, and many other things that I did not mention.

If you find this interesting, and think that you are skilled and imaginative enough in order to come up with original and interesting creature concepts, please do contact me, either here, by PM, or by MSN/Email: Tomsegal@gmail.com

By the way, I am not sure that this is the right forum to post in, but I couldn't think of a more suitable one. If there is a more suitable one then please kindly move it there. I am really happy to have found this forum, by the way; There are many creative people in here and I'm positive that this is the best place on the web to find concept artists to work with.

Thanks for the read.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You should be posting under "non-paying jobs," but the thread will probably be moved.

"Reavers" are the name of the baddies in Firefly/Serenity (and I'm sure a great deal of others), the "using somebody/something else's eyes" reminds me of the baddie in Pan's Labyrinth, etc. Point is, many things you think are original may not be, so be careful in how cocky you get about them.

Also, having unique "races" may be good for a RPG, but does absolutely nothing for a comic. You have to have well-defined characters and plot. Story is king above all else.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Both of your points are valid; Anyways I'm very enthusiastic about this and so far I got 3 candidates.

Please if anyone else is interested do not hesitate to contact me.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.