Sketchbook: SSChan's Sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

SSChan's Sketchbook

Oh, geeze. Oh, geeze. Oh, geeze. *hyperventilate*

*gulp* Hey ya'll - my name's Michelle, I'm 18 years old, and feel totally inadequate looking at all of the amazing art here. Yikes. Anyhow, I figured I'd start up a sketchbook here despite my fears to see what I can do to improve and what I should continue doing - and all that other jazz.

Without further ado, my art.

First I'll submit my X-Mas gifts for my Best Friend for the last three years (starting with the most recent). Whatever piece I do for her almost always turns out my best work of the year, but even looking at my most recent one I flinch. I know for sure I need to work on backgrounds and not being lazy with them. Heh heh.

Next, just some random sketches and the like that I quite enjoy.

So, I hope you enjoy, and I can't wait to hear what you have to say (good and bad)!

Attached Images Attached Images              
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Starting the Lessons in "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain." This is "lesson" 1: Pre-Instruction Self Portrait.

Also, some portraits of friends that I've done in the past.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

hey...

ive just started too... some of the work on ca.org is amazing isnt it....
    Ive never used my pc to draw images before so its a real test for me... : /

I understand the concepts of the software, i just need to practice. Your sketches look pretty cool, i like the epressions within them, humourous

Try and look at the proportions of your elven body's a little more

"To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams." - Banksy

Sketchbook...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, Wookie! I haven't drawn those two in a while, so next time I do, I'll work on their proportions.

In the Little Theatre at my School is a small mural of the Comedy/Tragedy masks that everyone hates. A boy in my Musical Theatre class who is the ASB chairperson for the choral/theatre department asked me to re-do it. Thus, here is my sketch. Hopefully it will get approved. :3

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Reviving a Dead Sketchbook

So... I haven't been on here in... almost a year. Whoops!

Anyway, I figured I'd post some of my more recent art. Looking at what I have here already, I can definitely see that my education is working!

In Order:
    • "Howl at Your Beauty" - Circa Christmas 2008 - Present for a Friend, Mature Content Warning due to exposed breast. Sydney Ciano and Stephan Shine. - Prisma Color Pencil and Ink
    • "Mother in Rim Light" - January 19th, 2009 - School Assignment for Digipen: We were told to draw 4 portraits of the same person under Rim, 3/4, Front, and Back Light; this is Rim Light - Vine/Willow Charcoal + White Chalk
    • "Hats of Interest" - January 11th, 2009 - School Assignment for Digipen: We were to render 3 "objects of interest" under direct lighting - Vine/Willow Charcoal + White Chalk
    • "An Ozian Perspective" - December 3rd, 2008 - School Assignment for Digipen: In Visual Perception we were to create a "Portfolio Ready" piece; I decided to finish up my perspective assignment. Got Wall of Fame designation which made me squeal like a school-girl. - Prisma Color Pencil and Nupastels
    • "Lackadaisy: Rilassare" - Febuary 6th, 2009 - I'm a fan of Tracy Butler's Lackadaisy Webcomic, so I decided to try and draw some of my characters in her kitty cat style. Ethan Ciano from my story-in-progress: Omerta: Code of Silence. - Graphite
    • "Untitled Life Drawing" - March 7th, 2009 - Assignment - 60 minute drawing from this week's life drawing session. - Graphite
    • "30 Minute Self-Portrait" - March 7th, 2009 - Assignment - We were to do a half-hour self-portrait, hence the lack of finish. - Graphite

Critique Welcome!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.