Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    Fuck it, ill keep the cutter "Blitzkrieg" concept.....I liked it better then my scavenger idea.

Cleaned up the wings, made more thicker blades, and cleaned it up in whole a bit.

IDW #63: Deep Space Starfighter

So lemme know what else needs to be fixed on it. I need the critiques badly.
    FUCK YOU YA PRETENTIOUS DICKS!! BAN ME!!

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Working on a Drone Assault Frigate, uses specialized nano-shell drone technology that allows the drones to re-purpose themselves to fit various situations, e.g. attack, repair, shield, etc. Still working on the backstory, but this'll be a 1-2 man ship, light assault class fighter that can operate independent of support if need be..

enjoy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GusTheRobot View Post
    Working on a Drone Assault Frigate
    Looks like EVERYBODY loves Hiigara. Welcome to the age of S'jet.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Blacksmith View Post
    So lemme know what else needs to be fixed on it. I need the critiques badly.
    Um.... it just looks unfinished. Try using your 3d with texture as a layout for an actual painting instead of just blurring it. I think your digital painting skills are good enough to create an actual illustration.
    Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

Thanks
    Well thanks for the comment. And yes, it is still VERY unfinished, but believe it or not, there is no blurring on it though, but the technique you mentioned I might be able to use nicely. I shall try this.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Blacksmith View Post
    there is no blurring on it though
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but your background looks like a motion blur. Even if it's not actually just a motion blur, that's what it looks like currently. If you're going for a hyperspace-ish look you might want to try some more thumbs.

I really like the design though and I can't wait to see what it looks like when you get done!
    Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

Thanks
    Actually, I took a stock space photo, and put on a motion blur, so yeah, it is. Im just going for a speed emphasis and dont want to put a bunch of other items in it for they would take away from the design itself. I had originally planned on putting some of the spaceships on here actually and having them be sliced in half by a battalion of my Blitzkriegs...but after drawing a sketch of it, it was way to busy, so went for something a bit simpler.

And shit, I lost my wings model and forgot how exactly I made them....oh well....I got a more skeleton type wing style that might work out for the best if done right.

Thanks
    Digital_Blacksmith - ah, I see. I agree with you that you don't want to make it too busy, but if there's a background that looks obviously filtered (ie motion blurred) photoshop jocks will notice. That's all I'm saying. Sorry to hear about the wings though - I'm sure you'll pound out something good fairly quickly.

knocked in a space-debris background - blocking in the shapes and colors of the first ship.

Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

Thanks
    Now see, thats a good background. Not to busy, has character to it, and it seems your doing an anime style as of so far, or is that just how it looks with the blocking? I shall try something new with mine.

But me and you....sword vs gun....this will be interesting

Thanks
    Thanked 1,130 Times in 479 Posts
    Panda: Do whatever you like with the background (I see you're going with your second thumb?). The only thing you should keep in mind is that the design stays visible enough to read.

Thanks

Ok.....lets try this one.........just another draft....should have final by tommorow.......hopefully.....*deep breath*

Thanks
    blacksmith, might i suggest you step a bit away from sketchup and give some thumbnails a shot?

Thanks
    Digital_Blacksmith - already looking more interesting. You wouldn't have run into this problem if you had done thumbs

The gears make very little sense to me, but I like that you've recessed the wings (so as to avoid collision I assume)

In terms of a cutting spacecraft, I'd probably want the blade to stretch in front of the cockpit so there's ZERO probability of accidentally just ramming yourself into your target.
    Lake Hurwitz
    .HUMILITY.INSANITY.LOVE.

.PORTFOLIO.

Thanks
    Digital Blacksmith
    where is the engine?Actually me thinks of a main ship hull from ME 110 with addition of sum SF - elements and two boxes on da sidelines.Me cannot understand operating scheme yet (just flying right through other crafts with cutters,but without lots of thrusters).
    If u stretch the blade over the hole front and give it a very far position from the hull, the craft cannot be hit on jousting by projectil shots or missiles,because these kinetics where just cut down before hit.This problem of position me thinks u just recognized on the wings.Additionally i would make dem tesla coils ordered in sum star like shape instead of parallel order,because it will make the blade wider than its heft.Your fighter cannot cut through things being more huge than itself.
    hope this helps you!

Thanks
    thanks for the comments, I struggled for a few hour more but produced little that I cared to post. the sketches did result with a more developed sketch based on the the first lot that I think I will see through to the final design in some form (not barring further exploratory sketches on it still)

I think i may introduce another reference item or two that I will use for details or texture ( I entertained using the details of the ball reference but ultimately didn't think they worked so well)

Thanks
    Here is my lame wip...
    This is officially my first industrial design ever... Should draw stuff like this more.
    This is just the profile view on my fighter. Still a long way to go with the colours. Only shit thing is, I don't even know if I'll finish this one, how on earth will i manage to finish the front view I have also started on!??

Any comments would be highly appreciated
    I'm here to learn.

Chris
    Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast