Results 1 to 13 of 100
March 1st, 2008 #1
Jhagen22's Sketchbook *New Stuff Added*
Thought I would start up a new sketchbook here as I'm spending more time on ConceptArt.org...plus my old one sucked.
So I'll start off with this batch and go from there. Some are recent, some are older. I have more that I'll show soon when they're finished.
- The first one is a big-mouth creature in pencil and photoshop.
- Second one is some fat hand appliance sculptures I did for a fx company. The fat guy is wearing the end result for the season finale of a short-lived Fox series.
- The third one is just some assorted anatomy shots - the foot is newer, the rest are older.
Comments and critiques are always welcome!
Last edited by jhagen22; March 17th, 2010 at 08:13 PM.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberMarch 1st, 2008 #2
Here's some more stuff...
- First one is some unused Spideys for a video game cover.
- The second one is of some toons
- The third was a zombie idea that I just had to put down on paper - was inspired.
Comments and critiques welcome
Last edited by jhagen22; March 2nd, 2008 at 10:28 AM.
March 1st, 2008 #3
Eventually I'll finish putting stuff up tonight....might be a while. I just want to get it all up so I have an excuse to start on and finish more new stuff.
- First guy is a bird-man creature concept
- second illustration is a character design for a movie pitch I did for a guy a couple years ago
- third is your basic fire-head type of demon/creature
- Intestines! heh
- Old man creature face profile
- sixth illustration is of a villain design for a movie - pencil and photoshop
- seventh is a straight photoshop doodle. I don't do enough of these
- eighth is either a beverly hills/hollywood starlet who feels fat or a zombie-girl, you make the call!
- ninth illustration is of a walrus creature
- last one is an animated weasel character design
Okay, I'm on a roll so I'll send more soon.
Last edited by jhagen22; March 2nd, 2008 at 12:17 PM.
March 1st, 2008 #4
- First illustration is a portrait (another thing I need to do more of) - just some sly dude
- Second - I know what you're thinking, "Finally, some chicks!" Another thing I need to do more of.
- Third illustration is of an alien squid. That was a fun one to do.
- 4th and 5th illustrations are some monster designs I did for a low-budget movie
Comments and Critiques are welcome
Last edited by jhagen22; January 23rd, 2009 at 09:47 PM.
March 1st, 2008 #5
Okay, I swear I'm almost done dumping!
- First is an illustration of a manatee-creature type of thing
- Second, is a scene that I had stuck in my head. It's of a zoo escape. Gave me an excuse to draw some animals.
- Third illustration is a hero design. He's got a huge gun, a motor for a brain, and he's sponsored by plenty of companies. A funny idea I thought.
- Lastly, I thought I would give the hero an enemy so I came up with an alien grunt. Gave him a gun that shoots bolts of energy produced by the little electric eel in it.
Comments and Critiques welcome.
Last edited by jhagen22; March 2nd, 2008 at 12:20 PM.
March 2nd, 2008 #6
Today I thought I would add on some storyboard samples. This is probably what I do most, followed closely by illustration. Sculpture I get once in a while as it's either harder to find work in that category or people don't want to pay well.
Aaaanyways, here's some storyboard work. Enjoy!
These boards are of a boxing scene that I used in my portfolio.
March 2nd, 2008 #7
March 2nd, 2008 #8
Thought I would add on my progress on this week's COW today as well. The topic was actually one of my suggestions "Hyperactive"
- First off, I have my preliminary sketches. I really liked the little guy but it was brought up that it was similar to the Honey Comb critter. D'oh!
- In the next one, I came up with the idea of a hyperactive woodpecker. I was looking outside and there one was, bashing his head against a tree. Thought it would fit the topic pretty good if I mutated him a bit and put my own twisted spin on him.
- Then I thought I'd show my progress on painting the little guy. I really need to color more so this sketchbook and the COWs should give me the practice I sorely need.
March 3rd, 2008 #9
Working on some new stuff to show, but for now I wanted to post a couple of earlier sculpts. I had fun doing them. Enjoy!
- Evil alien was a fun job to do and I really liked pushing the detail in 3 dimensions.
- Clint was a difficult one as he was my first real try at a likeness sculpt on a smaller scale (3 inches tall).
March 3rd, 2008 #10
March 5th, 2008 #11
March 5th, 2008 #12
March 6th, 2008 #13