Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Nice update, cute character. One question why you make your character flat with color ?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Tune in Next Time!

Hey yin, flat color is what cartoons do!
    More OUTKATZ!

Tune in next time...

Thanks
    Hey cout>mecha, crazy sketchbook you've got here Your animation studies look great, you've mapped out alot of really nice key poses. Really great to see someone doing things in a WB style as well... if I had any suggestions it would that you should try some more curvilinear gestures and such. Your quick sketches are great and you've got nice form to them, but as you know a lot of time in animation the gesture of an individual pose can matter much more than the anatomy of that pose. I would like to see some more line variation as well, but I saw you mentioned earlier on that you are hoping to work on that within a more vectorized program. Keep working at it either way though man, lookin good!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Mecca!! Cool update cartoons weeee!! so great, so zany! So Happy life is with Cartoons!!!!! Thanks! K

Thanks

Gen

Not sure what you mean by line variation. Perhaps I've yet to learn that Onir.

Kelly, always good seeing you here, sorry to digress but those sketches had been sitting there awhile and I figured it was time to do justice.

Bout to hit the sack. Gnite.

Attachment 459746

Thanks

Save Us Ike!

Ike is the hurricane that has been approaching our part of the world for more than two days now said to have an unusually large eye. I am pretty far inland nonetheless, I hope they don't turn out our lights as I am working!

I've been animating little drawing from my sketchbook and put together this gif to plead with Ike to "save us!"

Ike was also the fearful husband of Tina Turner! So I guess they decided to come up with a name that would strike fear...

Attachment 462240

It's gettin windy out there!!!

Thanks
    cout, are you in the general Texas area too? It's pretty safe where I am, just lots of wind and rain.

The new animation looks quite good. Having done a few orthos for model sheets, I can only imagine what a pain in the rear animating a guy turning must be. Your cartoon looks good, but the forms are getting lost in the crazy colorful background. Have you tried cell-shading? It might give your cartoon characters some extra depth

Keep up the good work!

Thanks
    Nice one !. like the turning part of the girl
    Others, agreed with Nightblue

Thanks

Like Ike

working on a little animation after the storm. Of course lights went out for day or so. This all from one sketch with some CG background stuff composited.

NB-thanks for droppin in. I find your diligence refreshing. Of course I hear things are nicer up north. Concerning cel shading, well that is an extra layer of depth. This head turn was one of the easier ones. The girl was more difficult with all the hair involved.

Yin-thanks again I never get tired of hearing good things from you and I hope I can inspire or help you with animation in some way.

Attachment 466360

This is the effect I wanted as per the original sketch...

Attachment 466358
    Oh well gotta keep rockin!
    Last edited by cout<mecha; October 25th, 2008 at 11:48 PM. Reason: incomplete

Thanks

Fashion:SEXY TIME!

I've "analyzed" a lot of fashion poses and materials of the female form in the past and figured I would post these studies. I try to capture the nomenclature of fashion so that I don't repeat myself and give me a good reference for animation and the like without being to artey fartey about it. Have not done the male and would appreciate if some wom would collect a series of poses found to be exiting in nature without having the scream. Otherwise I will have to do it myself!

FEMALE FASHION FIGURE POSES

Last edited by cout<mecha; September 17th, 2008 at 10:18 PM. Reason: lil mo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    take a bow!! this SB is totally rockin!! can't wait to see this animated! also your figure sketches are looking good. Did you take my Mistress? I can't find her anywhere... lol, too!

Thanks

DragMoon

Hey K.Not quite sure what you were looking for in terms of animation. I hope I have not been mean to you in my posts. Did I take your Mistress of Loss...Perhaps...! I was just mentioning that it might be nice to get some feedback on the types male features you find attractive when you look at imagery. I know you paint a lot of females but I do need that.

Many moons on this one. Working on the animation technical stuff. Been thinking lately that it would be cool to have an animation challenge around here. I guess that would be an AOW!

Some Stills

Attachment 468702

This is as good as it gets with gif around here. I don't think the limits more than about 1 mb. I will upload a better version later and include the link in a post. Anyway this is a real rush job!

Mischeviouslittleelf is offline Promoted himself from Auxillery Pencil Infaantrist to Tablet Gunner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,076 Times in 716 Posts
    some good improvement here man. Keep it up and keep studying!

-E

Thanks

Make 3D Animations from your Sketches!

Hello again, I'm working on a 3D short called "Freeze" inspired by a sketch I made sometime ago,(about 2 yr). It's going to be sort of comedy as that works best with 3D, and really short. I figured it was time I SOLD OUT TO THE MAN! LOL! Anyway, should be cute cuddly fuzzy furry ect.

I've modelled the body of the first character and am trying to finish the rest now. If anyone's interested I'll be putting together a few videos on how to make 3D from your sketches, although right now I'm without a mike. haha!

Also the dragon link is at the end of this post. Enjoy. Thanks for your kind words Pix, will be over to your thread for some inspiration!

"FREEZE"

Dragonloop QT Link!

Last edited by cout<mecha; March 10th, 2009 at 04:21 PM.

Thanks

Freezerino...Render.

Freexe Render w/Radiosity + Ray Trace

Push all the the render buttons on this one
    and the render time was about 6 minutes.
    That's pretty nice for my system. None of this
    stuff has textures, and think that might be
    to much. Not really a texture guy, but I
    wanted to try it a bit on this. Who knows...

Freexe Render w/Cel Shading

Just cel shading and outlines on this one.
    Trying to get a feel for how this looks since
    I will be incorperating some traditional
    animation into it. I think the contrast
    would be nice. Now I have to start animation.

I could stand a few comments as to your opinions concerning cel shade vs ray trace, or just general tweaks in the picture that I probably won't fix!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast