Sketchbook: -insert funny comment- sketchbook

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

-insert funny comment- sketchbook

All old Crap Skip to last page for new works.
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by aussiedeza; July 10th, 2011 at 10:40 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    O if anyone knows of some good techniques on Improving visualization skills I am all ears!!.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Promising start... give us some more ;-)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    If you did that from your imagination its great We need more though! Post!! Post like youve never posted before!!!

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Currently for hire as freelancer!]

Thanks
    Thanked 2,292 Times in 745 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Nice sketch, but I'd like to see some more! You seem to have some good notions about anatomy! But why doesn't have any sexual organ?

Sketchbook :: Blog :: Gorilla Artfare :: Prints :: my Etsy
    koppa says:
    i could kick an eggs ass if i wanted to

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow i didn't expect many people to actually stop and look let alone reply especially so soon..awesome and thanks. here are some more from today.

Clochette: Sexual organs ?? considering they would eventually have clothes on i usually don't include em .. but it does make him look a bit more creepy . maybe i should loosen up and draw more doodle's it can never hurt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice! Do you draw with charcoal?
    I'm confused if I've chocked you with my sexual organ idea! Haha! I think he is definitely more creepy with ... nothing!
    I didn't understand that he had some clothes, forgive me!
    Keep posting!

koppa says:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think you've picked it up amazingly well for only 2 years after starting from scratch.

Just remember to have fun with it.
    You've got your whole life to draw, so no need to take it too seriously.

I like your attitude though, I've had a lot of problems with fear and procrastination(they're definitely intertwined) in the past as well. I think it's definitely good and important to let go and just do it, don't be afraid!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Clochette: Thanks again, nah just with a prismacolour pencil its hard to erase but since i never use a eraser that don't matter i like how easily it glides over the paper. And nope you haven't chocked me what ever that means? was just joking about the doodle drawing , i am just focusing on parts of anatomy that i struggle with and i don't consider much of the work i do in the future to contain many sexual organs but you never know?

Tad: Thanks mate , yea trust me i do have fun with it i don't do it for any other reason, if i come across very serious thats weird! must be the way i type because i am known for being anything but serious.
    Fun this is what Draws me back to the paper every time and exactly just do it Is the way to go i used to be so focused on the finish line now days i just focus what can i achieve today rather then this is what i should be able today. Hopefully those dramas are behind me now and if there not i can notice them and have myself a cool method to get around them which is basically drop everything call some mates and go out have fun.

This sketch is what happens when i add one too many teaspoons of coffee to my cup and good song comes on, i end up enjoying myself too much and rush it. i really got slow down and draw lighter too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You started two years ago and you've come this far already? Wow. Just wow. You're an inspiration, I say! Your art is fantastic. I see a good knowledge of the figure in all of these images. I hope you continue to post more. I love all of these works!

I'm a huge procrastinator and know how it feels. I hope I can overcome it someday because it's really putting a negative dent in my studies.

One thing I have to admit is that the drawings after your first one seem to have less fluidity in them than the first. I suggest loosening up a bit more when you sketch--don't be concerned about what it's going to turn out like, just draw! But hey, that's what I say to myself and my things still turn out horrible....

Great work! Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LigerNekoka: Thanks allot for the complement if i spent more time doing quality work over the 2 years rather then procrastinating i feel i would be allot further ahead but cant change the past.
    Yea i love art work with allot of rhythm in it and its what i try to aim for but i do get really caught of with anatomy and such then I lose my original rhythm i started with, which sucks but i expect it will improve with more practice.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    just couple more .. decided to give a bit more effort in the shading department.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    One of my life drawing sketch's from today. I was expecting allot worse considering i haven't done any life drawing for 5 months. theres nowhere to go in Perth for it cant wait to get of this joint.

Last edited by aussiedeza; March 4th, 2008 at 08:37 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You can define your forms really really well. Though I think the rendering in post 12 is a little too much or perhaps a little bit confused/messy. I really enjoyed post #1 and #6!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great start! I feel your struggle because I'm 22 and I'm learning to draw on my own too. One thing that bothers me about your drawings is that they seem very dirty. Don't know if its caused by the scanner, but try using longer, more confident lines when your drawing and also long clean strokes for your shading. I'll come back later to explain myself better because I have to go to class right now. Keep it up!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to fantasyartist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    like were you going..maybe try to define your shapes better, sometimes it seems that you really overdo the shading hence the form gets indistinctive. You can try to shade just parts of your drawing where you're absolutely sure that there is a shadow or drastic change of form. to follow the form when shading and really concentrate on the lines and shapes of body, will help you a lot with understanding anatomy.

Keep posting. Cheers

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Delmar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your line is nervous, it gives intensity to your drawings! But as Delmar said, it's a little bit too much sometimes. Keep posting!

koppa says:

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Clochette For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Clochette: Hey you came back again!! =) Thanks for the crit, i understand what you mean, I just find it really hard to slow my self down once i get started, i will try to get some more confident lines in tomorrow sessions. wish me luck.

Delmar: Thanks mate , I am currently trying to use modeling shading which is basically any form facing me is in light and gets darker as the form falls away from me, if done well it can look good, I just suck at it at the moment. Your also right about the overdo shading thing I think I have to start out lighter and then decided where to go from there its just my whole getting carried away thing agian i think it comes from me trying to skecth at work alot where i can only sketch 3 mins at a time =( ie... i rush to get more done.

fantasyartist:Hey mate cheers, yea i would be in a school if i didn't have to pay a mortgage oh well some things ya just gotta work around, I have got a awesome library now thou I decided to spend a fair bit on books instead of course considering the dismal ones around me i end up learning more from the books. I think the dirtiness is a lil of both me not caring too much because their just studies and my scanner being a cheapie. I will try what your suggesting sound good.

PerinGalitte:Thanks mate that a cool compliment, my main aim most drawings is just to understand the form better too bad the i see it better in my mind then ion paper but i am working on that.Yea shading problem is just me trying out modeling shading as i talked about in Delmar's reply above just not too good at it yet.

Heres one of the sketch i did at work today i had a reference but i wasn't copying it just using it s a guide as i would a live model.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is this shading any better?.. i am still using the modeling front lit type of shading but I just slowed down and used more of the side of my pencil.. i try too shade with tone rather then line because i think it will help my understanding better when i eventually start painting my sketches. Now to try and do it on something more complicated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    cool thanks everyone your advice already seems to be helping just got keep working at it.

This one was done with no reference just using that lump of jelly in my skull.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The study in post 19 shows great improvement, but on that last one you kinda fell back to your old technique. Do you have any Andrew Loomis book? He clearly explains how to break the figure down into planes for shading. I think you should first practice shading on simple volumes like cubes and spheres before taking on the complex forms of the figures. Post more!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fantasyartist: Yup one of the first books i got and went through back to front but cant hurt to go back to it as that was back when i couldnt draw a stick figure, at the moment i am mainly studying Vilppu's procedure and hogarth's wealth of information on hands which i am in dire need of considering all hands i draw look like poo. just for you i did some shading on some simple volumes, how nice am I !!.

ill post it maybe you can see where i am going wrong, i did notice one thing thou on the scale of 1 to 10 of value i really struggle to see any difference between 1 and 5 maybe thats why all my drawing end up looking too dark?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just a couple more from work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good to see you've got Scott's DVD. Be carefull with the reflected light though and remeber that shadows don't reflect light. As for values, I really learned them from photoshop. You could try shading some cubes in photshop using the same method and compare them with your drawings.
    I think your problem is that you don't have a clear idea of what the forms look like in your mind when shading them. Also there're a lot of halftones all over the place but I don't see deep shadows to give contrast. It's kinda hard to explain I think I would have to show you what I mean. I suggest you te read Loomis's chapter on shading again and again and look carefully how he organizes his tones. Vilppu's method is very effective so keep working at it. Try building your figure exactly the way he does and look for the corners of the forms. It took me months of practice to start mastering his method and I'm still working on it but it really pays off. Now let's see more work!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fantasyartist:Yup i have plenty of resources for learning everything except for a school =). I have only had a brief look at his dvd so far but will be going back to do his exercise more carefully and thanks for the Photoshop suggestion i was considering doing that too just haven't got around to it yet. You may be right about not being able to picture the form correctly in my head I thought I could do that alright but obviously not maybe some more observational drawing will help, at the moment i can only find 2 life drawing session a week thou. I will study some more loomis and vilppu too thanks agian for watching and helping me out mate i appreciate it hopefully i can return the favor one day with some advice of my own =) .

I really struggled today, which i guess is a good thing because it usually means you about to work something useful out. I have noticed a trend where i skip a few aspects that i find too hard by tricking myself into to thinking i will learn them later. So i am going back to the basics again concentrating on perspective, form and shading until i have good handle on them considering their isn't much point drawing other stuff as i wont learn as much as i would if i had my fundamentals down.

Heres some crud i came up with at work today while i was in a shitty mood trying to figure out where core shadow exactly go on a bunch of forms and not having any luck sometime its seems i struggle to understand allot of the more simple concepts that others pick up real quick oh well see how i do tomorrow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You did a much better job on the shading there. At least there's a clearer difference between the light side and the shadow side. Keep working on it! Don't think that this is easy for anyone. I can't tell you how much I'm struggling to understand stuff. To tell you the truth I didn't really understand shading clearly until last weekend. I was looking at a drawing from loomis and suddenly it clicked! Sometimes I even get a headache because I'm thinking to hard to figure out stuff and I have to put the pencil down. So keep pushing it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fantasyartist: Its funny that you think i did a better job shading that last one because it was just a quick doodle and i wasn't thinking much about shading. Yea i understand that headache all too well thats the reason I want too get my fundamentals down so i can eliminate all the dramas i have and can concentrate on enjoying creating, anyway i just didn't have much progress last night and for some reason decided to bitch about it here.Thanks again for pushing me its kinda cool, gives me another reason to be more productive so i have something to scan in at the end of the day.

Here is just some faces (more toonish) and some simple volume shading where i was trying to think about sharp/diffused light,shadow and reflections

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ohh~ I see you like working in pencils! I really like the sense of life in your marks, really nice there.

Do you have pieces that are in different mediums? If so I would like to see!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well the difference between light and shadow is a lot clearer than in your previous sketches. Keep pushing it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Try doing the lines cleaner.You should practice that one. And if you do the shadows by putting the lines in some kind of order(going with the shape) ,that would be good.
    Because i have the feeling that when you draw you just go wild and like mess it all up.
    But its all good you have some real nice faces . And i like the Bodys too..

34. The Following User Says Thank You to ohomoho For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 4