Sketchbook: -insert funny comment- sketchbook - Page 5
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: -insert funny comment- sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    J.Hansen:I doubt it man this stuff is just the basics they teach in schools but i am hoping it helps, thanks for the encouragement.

Eon:Thanks mate stamina? amount of drawing i do is no where near enough i really have to up my game if i am ever going too have an ounce of confidence.I feel as soon as what i am drawing starts to represent somewhere near what i actually intended to be, you wont be able to tear me away from a pencil but i am still waiting for that day.

Saturns Gate: Ta mate, yeah i am extremely weak on my color theory i, i am slow reading Briggs website thou and a few others which opening my eyes alot, when i go for my daily run i cant stop staring at the sky or shadows on the road because i see more and more variety in colors every time its awesome.

More Dogs tonight but not any really worth posting as its just anatomy i did do some sketching at the end of the night again and strangely enough i was relaxed and not trying too hard and it turned out allot cleaner then my usual trash, Hopefully i can repeat the effort tomorrow.

On second thought, my scanner must be crap it don't look fuzzy like that on the paper.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man that last sketch is looking great. I also like the dog studies a lot. Your 3d forms and proportions are improving really fast and your drawings are looking a lot cleaner. Only crit that I have is to push your darks more when you're shading. Keep up the hard work mate!

Lair Radical is offline Light Is That Silent Artist Level 2 Gladiator: Ordinarii
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh man, to think that you've come this far in two years - You're farther than a lot of people on this site. That's inspiring. The quality of work is great. I'm with fantasy ^^ I'd like to see some realllllly dark values, don't be afraid to press that pencil like you're trying to gouge a hole straight through the paper.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    fantasyartist: as always dude appreciate your help, i feel like my sketches come out too dark so i am a bit confused, where do you mean push the darks every value or just in halftones/cores/cast shadows????

Lair Radical:Thanks mate thats cool to hear and I will try and push the values more.

Some Doggies there not that great but i think ts a pretty good improvement for just one week study this i am going on too cats for this week because they are a carnivore mammal as well so there anatomy isn't very different and i can use what i have already learned as a starting point ,also i included a quick lets see what i can turn a bunch of lines into sketch as well just for fun.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Push your values on the shadow side to get a clear separation from the light side. Right now I see no difference between halftones and shadows.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, those are cool as hell sketches. Love the dogs, really gestural and loose, you capture a lot of movement in those.
    I'll ckeck the other pages right now.

Cheers

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasyartist View Post
    Push your values on the shadow side to get a clear separation from the light side. Right now I see no difference between halftones and shadows.
    Yea mate i think its just because i am still playing with new muscle groups and proportions that i don't set myself up a light source i guess i keep thinking of it is as too hard but it isn't really i am just being slack and if do it every sketch it will become norm so from now on i will try to do that thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, some nice work here. Just wanted to say its good to see another person from Perth here! Keep it up!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Diego: Ta mate i love gesture so thats awesome some is showing trough thanx for stoping by

JCH: Cheers fellow Perthian.

Meow Bitches.. its cat week here are some first attempts after some anatomy studies. i don't know if it looks catish probably more like a muscley dog that can rotate its forelegs and has a fatty chin, i am having a lil trouble understanding cat skulls and am contemplating killing a cat to get real one *stares at household kitty*muahahah. O and i tried the darken my dark thing and i kept ripping holes in the paper grrr i think i have to be more gentle with cheap photocopy paper,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey thanks for checking out my sketch book, and woo another aussie im pretty new here but are there many of us on here? oh and i like your rendering technigue something i haven't seen before and your drawings are getting alot clean too awesome.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    matty_mcmullen: no prob thanks for the compliment.I think you would find there are a few Sydney/Melbourne Aussies here.

todays life drawings

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I guess all this cat drawing got my thinking Frazeta so i had a couple of attempts at cats/ people sketches.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great studies! I specially like the animal anatomy, you got some pretty mean puppies ;-) How about lions and tigers next time? Keep it up bro!

"Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment." -Jalal Ud-Din Rumi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice work mate. That last one has some really nice shading. Would love to see you really push those values a bit more. Keep it up.

PS yer those dvd are boring, only got through the first 20!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Did not feel like anatomy studies today so i just stuffed around, o and i really have to get around to studying clothes soon they are a massive struggle and guesswork at the moment.

LECO: Thanx mate yeah i am trying Cats at them moment with varying results my mind keeps jumping between dog and cat measurements and i get a mix of the two, more study is just required i guess.

JCH: Ta, yer i don't know if its me or the medium but i am really struggling with values something i will try and focus on a again soon.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heh had a go at Mike Corriero's First creature concept lesson, can you tell that i have never designed anything in my life, i also got stuff all accuracy when using my tablet, so i think next time i will stick to pencil and paper

Thanks
    Thanked 1,008 Times in 645 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Hey aman shadings becoming very strong.
    Looking very nice right there loving all the studies.
    Keep it up bro, your improving

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here is another digital attempt at same exercise, hoping if i stick to it i might get better but i am so used to being able to turn paper to get the line i want, really gotta figure out how to get better at line work with tablet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    another shot at it

TASmith is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I saw your thread in the lounge and looked through your gallery. Great stuff! I like it all. The digital skulls are getting nice. If you want to get more involved in them, going for bone textures can make them really sing.

The anatomy work is nice - the recent dogs are really phenominal. They're solid, twisting, in perspective, and they seem to work. The exaggerations work. Draw even more of em. Also, however you studied them, do that for people, because your figures are a bit uneven.

I noticed the biggest problem you had with figures is the twisting of the torso, and also the shape of feet. I'm no expert, but I've got a tutorial on the figure on my deviantart account. The best thing about it are there are tons of links to figure photographers (some of the best on the web), so it's a great resource to look up and sketch from.

I also really like those recent bugs/critters. The axis lines they stand on are a great idea. I should try that for some figure studies.

Last edited by TASmith; April 26th, 2008 at 04:46 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to TASmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TASmith: Thanks mate, the reasons for the bad feet is i haven't bothered to do much in depth studies on feet yet and i tend to try and just chucking a quick suggestion anyway until i do get around to it, thanks for pointing out my uneven figures i think i need to do some more measurement studies and ill will check out your tutorial too thanks for stopping by and giving me your thoughts.

At work today and wanted to do some rendered side views of some of the thumbnails, couldn't completely remember what they looked like but they turned out all right anyway. i really like this process of thinking about simply shape design first, i always knew about it just never done it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Like what I see here.

=================================
    Sketchbook
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=120761

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    great motion ; keep pushing your tonal values and you'll be pretty fantastic!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your getting there man! some very nice anatomy studies here. Please keep posting!

Oh and in answer to your question in my sketchbook, he will just have to twist his body round more. ha!

My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Currently for hire as freelancer!]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    humanNature6115: Thanks.

LauraD: Thanks,I sure hope so.

Saturns Gate: Ta dude, heh yea it will be interesting when you animate him.

Shitty night here is a measly offering to the sketchbook gods.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow bro, really like your last anatomy study! Did you use a live model or reference photos? My only gripe with it is the way the right arm is twisting… there seems to be something wrong with his elbow but is not very noticeable. Other than that is pretty dam solid. Keep rocking ;-)

"Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment." -Jalal Ud-Din Rumi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Leco:Cheers, nah i don't use reference i really should, it would help me allot but i don't have enough patience yet to look back and forth at something and its also feels boring trying to clone something when i could create, i prefer to try and figure it out in my head it takes me a longer but i am slowly getting quicker. Everything in this thread is not referenced except when i post some life drawings on Tuesday which say they are when I upload em.

Not much to upload tonight just squiggles at then end of the day when my eyes where ready to pop out,most of the day was spent studying Animal kingdom classification to help me when try and create realistic made up animals, its really useful and i recommend anyone interested in doing something along those lines to study them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some life drawing and a quick figure sketch while waiting in between sessions.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Really crap night oh well they gotta happen every so often.

TASmith is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    on the subject of feet, I know alot of people around here hate Hogarth, but his drawing books show some great sketches of the basic shape of feet. It's worth looking up and just copying down a few times.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 9