Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: -insert funny comment- sketchbook

Thanks

well done!

wow, i love how dedicated you are. if you keep this up your knowlege of the human figure is going to be godly. thanks a ton for dropping by in my sketchbook, btw. im also wanting to improve myself and you could be a huge help. by the way, i like the thick lines. normally i try to keep my stuff very neat and perfect but i have been inspired to expand my quick sketches and just have more fun with it. i will post with more inteligent comments later. its very late and my brain is turning off. thanks again!
    never stop!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Wow, very nice for two years! I really like how you're building your anatomy over your constructed forms. You're really starting to show understanding and confidence at this. Also good sense of volume in your drawings. Inspiring stamina, I'll have to check back!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle

SSG 69 ARTGASMIC FORCE
    Mission: To push our skills to evolve to the point of giving you visual orgasm.

Eon l grenappels l snootchy l Peetaer l bleupencil l

Thanks
    Dont be afraid to push your values on the digital studies, the gray scale one is more what im thinking, as the color versions seems bit flat. Good pencil drawings! Keep at it!
    My Website

My Blog

My Facebook

Currently for hire as freelancer!]

Thanks
    J.Hansen:I doubt it man this stuff is just the basics they teach in schools but i am hoping it helps, thanks for the encouragement.

Eon:Thanks mate stamina? amount of drawing i do is no where near enough i really have to up my game if i am ever going too have an ounce of confidence.I feel as soon as what i am drawing starts to represent somewhere near what i actually intended to be, you wont be able to tear me away from a pencil but i am still waiting for that day.

Saturns Gate: Ta mate, yeah i am extremely weak on my color theory i, i am slow reading Briggs website thou and a few others which opening my eyes alot, when i go for my daily run i cant stop staring at the sky or shadows on the road because i see more and more variety in colors every time its awesome.

More Dogs tonight but not any really worth posting as its just anatomy i did do some sketching at the end of the night again and strangely enough i was relaxed and not trying too hard and it turned out allot cleaner then my usual trash, Hopefully i can repeat the effort tomorrow.

On second thought, my scanner must be crap it don't look fuzzy like that on the paper.

Thanks
    Man that last sketch is looking great. I also like the dog studies a lot. Your 3d forms and proportions are improving really fast and your drawings are looking a lot cleaner. Only crit that I have is to push your darks more when you're shading. Keep up the hard work mate!

Thanks
    Oh man, to think that you've come this far in two years - You're farther than a lot of people on this site. That's inspiring. The quality of work is great. I'm with fantasy ^^ I'd like to see some realllllly dark values, don't be afraid to press that pencil like you're trying to gouge a hole straight through the paper.

Thanks
    fantasyartist: as always dude appreciate your help, i feel like my sketches come out too dark so i am a bit confused, where do you mean push the darks every value or just in halftones/cores/cast shadows????

Lair Radical:Thanks mate thats cool to hear and I will try and push the values more.

Some Doggies there not that great but i think ts a pretty good improvement for just one week study this i am going on too cats for this week because they are a carnivore mammal as well so there anatomy isn't very different and i can use what i have already learned as a starting point ,also i included a quick lets see what i can turn a bunch of lines into sketch as well just for fun.

Thanks
    Push your values on the shadow side to get a clear separation from the light side. Right now I see no difference between halftones and shadows.

Thanks
    Man, those are cool as hell sketches. Love the dogs, really gestural and loose, you capture a lot of movement in those.
    I'll ckeck the other pages right now.

Cheers

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fantasyartist View Post
    Push your values on the shadow side to get a clear separation from the light side. Right now I see no difference between halftones and shadows.
    Yea mate i think its just because i am still playing with new muscle groups and proportions that i don't set myself up a light source i guess i keep thinking of it is as too hard but it isn't really i am just being slack and if do it every sketch it will become norm so from now on i will try to do that thanks.

Thanks
    Hey, some nice work here. Just wanted to say its good to see another person from Perth here! Keep it up!

Thanks
    Diego: Ta mate i love gesture so thats awesome some is showing trough thanx for stoping by

JCH: Cheers fellow Perthian.

Meow Bitches.. its cat week here are some first attempts after some anatomy studies. i don't know if it looks catish probably more like a muscley dog that can rotate its forelegs and has a fatty chin, i am having a lil trouble understanding cat skulls and am contemplating killing a cat to get real one *stares at household kitty*muahahah. O and i tried the darken my dark thing and i kept ripping holes in the paper grrr i think i have to be more gentle with cheap photocopy paper,

Thanks
    hey thanks for checking out my sketch book, and woo another aussie im pretty new here but are there many of us on here? oh and i like your rendering technigue something i haven't seen before and your drawings are getting alot clean too awesome.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast