Thanks

I'm alive, sorry if I scared a few people.

Ok, I do not know who really remembers me. But I have been gone for over five months. I got a note about two months ago, and yes, I'm not dead.
    I have three art classes this year, all advanced, I'm seriously trying to get into ringling and I'm building up a portfolio. Furre art has become a mere hobby for me and I'm focusing on other things. Trying to do as many different things as I can for my portfolio. [as my teacher demands me to]
    I should post art from time to time to be critiqued. This is my last year of highschool, I hope that I can make it to ringling.

Sorry, but I just figured I'd let everyone know that I am not dead! x.x
    It's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Don't be sorry. It's just something I do on the side for fun. Limping or not, heh. Besides, a lot of my characters are furry, so I still draw what I love. Although.....my art teacher is still really upset about my love for drawing the nude figure.
    I wanted that to be the focus of my portfolio, she refused to let me focus on the nude body for my portfolio with the excuse that I have to draw from observation. I told her to give me a mirror. I think I really tick her off sometimes. *sigh* When I get the chance I'll apply to the life drawing class at the junior college along with the painting and drawing class. Then I can really submit some worth-while stuff to the boards. I feel bad about the two things I submitted a long while ago. I really need to build a good portfolio without furrys skittering around in it.
    Last edited by Tanika; September 25th, 2003 at 08:12 PM.
    It's better to live on your feet than to die on your knees.

Thanks
    no nudes in a portfolio..

what is she crazy?

thats a GREAT plus in a portfolio.

knowledge of anatomy, skill in capturing the human essence, observational prowess, and willingness to learn. It shows initiative.
    DO LIFE DRAWING! ON WITH THE NUDES!

Thanks
    You tell that teacher to kiss your man-pouch, she doesn't know what the hell she's talking about.

I know you are man-pouchless, but you need intimidation only the pouch can project. You keep drawing nudes, male bags and all.

Thanks
    Aaaaah....i was waiting for another round for :bash:

Hehe

Welcome back...

One small step for Tanika, one giant leap for mankind:

From furry to nude...

Thanks

Thanks
    Figure drawing IS a big plus for getting into school and an essential for development.

You should check out local community colleges or continuing education courses for figure drawing classes. Or, find a community art center that might have sessions without instruction. (Much cheaper) Then you'll be drawing from observation AND developing some of the most important skills you'll need to know in art.

Thanks
    Good to see the move from furries to hobby furries I'm on my last year too and working on new art assignments already. Best of luck to reaching your goals.