Maximo's Narritives

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Hey I'd like some input on some narritives I've done.
    Workin' on improving! RAAR!

Sample of how I would draw World of Warcraft.
    Maximo's Narritives
    Maximo's Narritives
    Maximo's Narritives
    Maximo's Narritives
    Character designs
    http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...00/001nemo.jpg
    http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/d...wowsketch7.gif

Starcraft Sample

Maximo's Narritives
    Maximo's Narritives
    Maximo's Narritives

Http://8bitmaximo.com
    Http://speedking.deviantart.com

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Maximo; January 14th, 2009 at 03:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well i luv em Maximo, great storytelling

there's just one panel that's REALLY bugging me
    page 2 panel 4
    the eyes man

i know you're nodding healthily in the direction of correct anatomy (everywhere else) but i think you should put them in line

hope that comes across ok coz i really like your style/work/action and i'm looking forward to seeing more

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by krazybov View Post
    well i luv em Maximo, great storytelling

there's just one panel that's REALLY bugging me
    page 2 panel 4
    the eyes man

i know you're nodding healthily in the direction of correct anatomy (everywhere else) but i think you should put them in line

hope that comes across ok coz i really like your style/work/action and i'm looking forward to seeing more

Hey thanks for commenting, Y'know I noticed that too....but I said to myself " Hmm...well maybe if i leave it like that it will REALLY drive home the point his eye got beat up" ...Maybe it dosn't work after all. Hm.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You're the artist on Bombos vs Everything right? I'm definitely a fan of the sketchiness and energy in your work.
    On the bottom panels of page one the changing "camera" angles did confuse me a bit (although might not have if it was page 30 in a story, where I was really used to the character, so instantly recognized them even if their angle or direction was suddenly opposite to what it had been). Something to keep in mind?
    You use tone in a far more integrated way than a lot of artists, which I appreciate - but I do think that page 3 has a particularly strong effect with it's more generous use of black, and I wonder if more strong blacks could have been brought into other pages? Page one of the Starcraft piece is fantastic with its tiny bit of crayon texture as an accent combined with those really strong black and whites in panels 2 and 3. Really gorgeous. (PS I'm also a really huge fan of that crayon tone!) And I think the middle Starcraft character design is particularly successful.
    I also think the font used in the Starcraft one, being a bit more organic, is more successful with your style than the one in the WoW comic, which jarred me a little.

I would definitely agree with you that the anatomy is not really an issue with your style, as long as you can keep the weight and movement solid, which you generally have done - the sort of style where the most useful thing I imagine is taking your sketchbook out to the park or mall and doing lots of quick gesture drawings of all the people moving about (or watching action movies and doing the same) - but I am a big fan of the strong base life-drawing gives people, and of course it's always a good idea to practice things outside of your own specific area (they seep in in unexpected ways and enrich ones work!)

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by geckochan; March 2nd, 2008 at 11:00 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by geckochan View Post
    You're the artist on Bombos vs Everything right? I'm definitely a fan of the sketchiness and energy in your work.
    On the bottom panels of page one the changing "camera" angles did confuse me a bit (although might not have if it was page 30 in a story, where I was really used to the character, so instantly recognized them even if their angle or direction was suddenly opposite to what it had been). Something to keep in mind?
    Yes, I did the art for Bombos Versus Everything, and thanks i really mean to keep good energy and motion. Ahhh yeah, I'll have to keep a closer eye on doing that...a good reason why I don't like to start out stories with a fight scene, a little harder to have the characters already established.

You use tone in a far more integrated way than a lot of artists, which I appreciate - but I do think that page 3 has a particularly strong effect with it's more generous use of black, and I wonder if more strong blacks could have been brought into other pages?
    Yeah I have a tough time working in blacks, I ususally draw the character first and then think about the backround, but to have good black and white throughout I need to think backround first, character second....kind of a weird juggling act.

Page one of the Starcraft piece is fantastic with its tiny bit of crayon texture as an accent combined with those really strong black and whites in panels 2 and 3. Really gorgeous. (PS I'm also a really huge fan of that crayon tone!) And I think the middle Starcraft character design is particularly successful.
    I also think the font used in the Starcraft one, being a bit more organic, is more successful with your style than the one in the WoW comic, which jarred me a little.
    Oh yeah I totally neglected the font, I can't font my own comics for tokyopop since I don't have a mac, so I didn't really care about it, but for samples its pretty important, annndd i never fixed it

I would definitely agree with you that the anatomy is not really an issue with your style, as long as you can keep the weight and movement solid, which you generally have done - the sort of style where the most useful thing I imagine is taking your sketchbook out to the park or mall and doing lots of quick gesture drawings of all the people moving about (or watching action movies and doing the same) - but I am a big fan of the strong base life-drawing gives people, and of course it's always a good idea to practice things outside of your own specific area (they seep in in unexpected ways and enrich ones work!)
    Yeaaahhh I totally love those exercises, I REALLY need to do more. But gesturing is where my heart's at

Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for commenting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's been a while, but here's some recent work.

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The anatomy is fine for the style you're working in - totally buyable and consistent.

Love the energy!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the energy is great and so glad you got the upgrade to do your work properly, it makes a difference! in the trees your texture's are so cool and not distracting at all. Your music series is awesome especially the guitar stance guy!! the pencil series does not match up to this B&W work, this is why I'm glad you got the upgrade. So cool, are these your's or for a job?? Do the dirigibles in the bold comic style! They are so so cool. Don't slow down is my thought.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you,

It's been a while but here's new work done mostly this winter.

Fall/Winter!

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Maximo's Narritives

Last edited by Maximo; January 14th, 2009 at 03:07 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.