Long time no post on CA.org, but I've been drawing my ass of in the mean time, so I guess that's ok.
I've been working out my oils and figures, and trying to figure digital painting out. I'm going to try to post this once every one or two weeks, but we've seen how well that works out int he past.
I'm also going to be out there in sketchbook land, commenting whenever I can, and at some point I'll actually start participating in the ______ Of The Week activities. There, I've posted it on the internet for all to see, so I actually have to to it now.
To kick off this new sketchbook, here's some stuff from the past two weeks:
1. The cover of a new sketchbook I just started, to which this thread will more or less correspond.
2. A quick SP sketch I did to wake up Sunday morning.
3. A sketch of a character design for a friend of mine.
4. Another SP, this one a facial anatomy study.
5 and 6. Figures sketched from imagination. Tear them apart! This is a skill I'm working to cultivate.
7. Photoshop paint based on the above sketch. Still working out the composition. Any input would be welcome. This is only the second digital painting I've ever done, the first being the robot in my old sketchbook. I'm sorta... guessing.
8. Thread Icon. [Edit: Well, that didn't work. Oh well. Hehe...]
That's it for now.