Thinking about leaving Uarts illustration for SCAD game design
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thinking about leaving Uarts illustration for SCAD game design

...I've always wanted to work in video games (so rare, I know ;p) and concept art, and for some reason that meant illustration to me. Now that I've been in the program for a while though, it feels like illustration is more like what I thought painting would be like, just with more structure.

Anyone here know much about SCAD game design? I'm gonna shoot off a transfer application anyway I figure I can always say no I've got a scholarship for half my tuition here in Philadelphia, sort of nervous about leaving it but I'm not exactly satisfied.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Game Design is mostly the tech side of things as far as I know. Modeling, rigging, coding, blahblah. The 2D concept courses are in the Sequential Art department. I suppose you could take Game Design and supplement with your electives. It's best to know as much of the tech stuff as possible anyway...not just as an artist, but also because those skills open up more gaming jobs for you.

The best SCAD scholarships are "combined honors" for excellence in portfolio AND test scores. Take a look at their page to see the test scores needed for the top two scholarships (Full Ride and 15k per yr).

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.