Chow 108 :: Hot Male Vampire Pinup - Page 9

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    Thanks
    ryuloulou - dude that turned out awesome. Yours is my fave I love the Klimt-esque drawing in the background. Great color choice too.

Puppykitten - thanks! I liked the colors in yours too - it's also super clean and the subtlety is cool. Not really my type of face though but that's just taste.

MarkDN - I like yours a lot... Only thing I would have done differently is have the wing go over the arm too, it'd have to bend funny to facilitate that pose... But the way he's standing is pretty sexy :]

dream_sear - love the pose and the torso. Staking the poor guy isn't very sexy though, hehe. Really nice paint job on the torso though!

Last edited by nonie; March 3rd, 2008 at 01:10 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to nonie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Posting my final here, too... The thing is BARELY dry, talk about sneaking in under the wire... >.< (Assuming I'm not too utterly late.) Background is acrylic (not doing that again in a hurry,) figure is done in oils, blood added in Photoshop due to lack of time. Lessons learned: 1) I still hate acrylic, 2) I paint way faster in oils than in acrylic, 3) don't use 1-ply bristol board, it warps like hell.

Otherwise, this was a hell of a lot of fun (the part that was done in oils, anyway. The acrylic portions... not so fun.)

Also, I want that jacket. XD

Will browse/comment on the rest of the entries after brunch - some nifty-looking stuff coming in at the last-minute, I see!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Gwenevere; March 3rd, 2008 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks
    VERY 'come-hither'! And thanks for the advice on the arms, Gwenevere. You were spot on; looks much better now. *curtsy*

“The moment you think you understand a great work of art, it's dead for you.”~Oscar Wilde
    My Inglorious Portfolio!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nonie View Post
    MarkDN - I like yours a lot... Only thing I would have done differently is have the wing go over the arm too, it'd have to bend funny to facilitate that pose... But the way he's standing is pretty sexy :]
    Argh, it seems so obvious now, but I suppose good ideas do tend to seem that way. That area was a real bother, I'm sorry I didn't think of that possibility at the time.

I like the humor in yours - the shocked 'morning after' look as his reflection fades...

Last edited by MarkDN; March 3rd, 2008 at 06:15 PM.
    ____________________________,

Mark's new sketchpad (March1st) | Art blog

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dream_sear View Post
    VERY 'come-hither'! And thanks for the advice on the arms, Gwenevere. You were spot on; looks much better now. *curtsy*
    *checks* Ah, yes, he DOES look better now. Much better. Yup, that was pretty much the only thing that was bugging me about him, he looks lovely now. A rather poetic take, I quite like it...

And staking him through the hair is a nice touch, I just noticed that...

Thanks
    Ok, our boy's back and this time he's got wrap-around plumage like a demonic exotic dancer.

version 1 http://www.artifice.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/misc/VAMP2.jpg

Still WIP - I gave him a bit of a smirk but messed his eyes up. I'm considering changing the hands to give them a bit of gesture, to give the piece more dynamism. And legs, he'll need some o' them... at first I was trying to make his legs look half formed out of a mysterious glow as though he'd just apparated, but I'm thinking perhaps wings make that less credible and more confusing.

[Edit] - Version 2

Last edited by MarkDN; March 5th, 2008 at 06:57 AM.
    ____________________________,

Mark's new sketchpad (March1st) | Art blog

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Members who have read this thread: 3