Chow 108 :: Hot Male Vampire Pinup - Page 7

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    shardana : good job on the costume and atmosphere, tho his face seems to have too much perspective warp somehow, like the upper part of his head tapers off and his jaw is big for his face. the pose is abit symmetrical too, maybe change the pose for the arms?

Quote Originally Posted by 666zombo666 View Post
    deadred: really good kinda looks like peter steele was he your reference?
    yep! i'm using him for ref [this pic in particular]. he has weird proportions tho, but he's the first guy i think of when i'm looking for broody cheesecake hehe
    thanks for the comments

Last edited by deadred; February 29th, 2008 at 07:48 PM. Reason: sleepy bad grammars
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadred For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I updated mine of page 5, will probably not be able to push it further...I was tempted to write in some cheezy red cursive something to the effect of with love, Vlad "The Impaler" like some silly pin-up greeting card, but I fought the temptation.

Comments on some of the stuff I've seen here...feel free to embrace them or disregard them. Just typin' stuff. Apologies if I missed someone, there's a lot to sift through here...

Joey-B - Love the pose. The way the wings have been rendered gives a sense that they're vast and that their edges are beyond the picture plane. His garb looks rather Egyptian, is that a conscious stylized choice?

Lewis - I really liked your original sketch - I think the coloring is a bit over the top. Why is he that crazy color? Love the idea of the sexy vamp perched on a rooftop...

Poshspice - bummer, I was really looking forward to where you were going with him - pity that you couldn't spend more time on it. I liked the coat open, it was more in keeping with the "pin-up" aspect of it. Plus you could see that great wide sash and front fall breeches.

myalias - I love the painting style, it's very loose and messy and evocative. Yours is one of the more feminine, elfin looking vampis here.

Zephyri - spot on, looking great. When I look at the painted progress, it's almost like there's too much detail - between the tatooing and the spikey armor, is it an overload? Is it too much? I'd love to see one or the other, or a moderation between both.

Nike - total satyr pose - I'd be careful that his head doesn't get tipped to far back, so much so that you lose his eyes. I think eye contact in this composition would be great....

Occidental Martyr - Give him some sharp fangs, too!

Digitally Dumbfounded - his shoulders seem like they're over his ears - he has this shrugging hunchbacked look.

alice - love the cowboy idea - hope that you're able to complete this. I think there's some way to "sex it up," mainly in the pose or the body language? Something that takes us into "pin-up" realm?

timothee - love the pose, love the colors, love the angle, the details at his collarbone. I had originally thought to do the pointy vampire ears on mine, too, but elimintated it.

FunkdaFide - I think you're on the right track with the first one - and the wolf is a nice touch. Good eye contact, good sultry look on his face. Though I like the second one too - perhaps the victim is too extraneous? What if it's just a hot male vampire sitting in a sexy reclined pose in the chair with great film noir lighting?

ryuloulou - another great leaning-back-with-eyes-on-the-viewer pose. Keep going!

Sorkness - the March issue is already on the stands, eh? The skin whitening made me laugh. Good pose, too.

Xaya - looks more female than male to me. Maybe I'm having flashbacks to Tilda Swinton winning Best Supporting Actress at the Oscars?

Artemis IX - heheheheh "pin up" indeed. I love the finger at the lips.

n1va - I wish I could paint like that - beautiful colors. Per the anatomy, the neck keeps drawing my eye (for the male) - it's a bit "stringy" - seems like there's extra pulling and strings there, like he has a super duper sterno clyto mastoid.

Jack Frost - see above note to n1va - wow, super duper thick neck! It's like his sterno ate his lats! Other than that, gorgeous painting and great anatomy. Why go the ugly face route, though?

Felicia - fantastic face, good anatomy. I almost wish his hands were used a bit better - what if one were resting suggestively at his waistline? or at his abs? Dunno - I just wish they weren't dangling there...

Laliluleo - Great color. There's a lot going on with the costume, though. But you get props for saying "Hot Male Vampire Pinup, I can make that one of my self-portraits!" You make me want to renew my gym membership - which I haven't gone to in like seven years....

skorpi - careful on the top hat - it's looking like it's slightly more narrow at the top compared to the bottom, and with the brim looking as flat as it does, the only thing that's making me think this isn't a pilgrim hat is the lack of a buckle in front. The high collar of the cape looks to high in front, like it's going to smack his face when he moves in it. His costume screams Male Vampire Stripper Gram - I think it's the cravat and the bat belt buckle. I think it's a great tongue-in-cheek touch.

deadred - great pose. And gorgeous painting - nice and free and loose and simple. I'd give my eye teeth to paint like that! And the seared cross scar on his chest is a great touch.

lewisaurus - you've taken the rendering really far, but you've not finished the basic construction of the figure. Something about the head or face doesn't seem quite right...I can't put my finger on it, but there's something there that seems tweaked.

GeistDel - is he supposed to be shunning the sunlight? Does that explain the pose?

Tin Can - the stem on the wine glass looks really short - it's more like a stem for a brandy snifter. I think you've given us one of the few bald vampires here...

meltface - beautiful painting, beautiful texture. With the first version, it's the warmth of her body that keeps drawing your eye there - what if she were in the same color value range as her captor? And you gave us the only mohawk so far - heehee, a different touch.

Shardana - why armor? He's covered from neck to wrist to the bottoms of his feet. Though the armor is painted beautifully, there's not enough in the costume or the pose or the face to say "pin-up."

Ice Moon - keep pushing it further, the painting could look top notch if it's worked on more. The blood on his chest and neck seems to flatten that whole area out - and since it's a focal point in terms of color, I think you need to stay true to the values and contours of the skin under that blood. It's almost like he's got a triangular piece of flat paper glued under his chin, obstructing view of his collar bone and adam's apple.

Dream Seer - beautiful drawing! Nice sense of form and line. And a very tongue in cheek interpretation of the brief, which I can appreciate. I would positively love to see this painted! Yours is perhaps the one I look forward to the most when it reaches the poll...

www.costumesketch.com
    I looked at yours, now you look at mine...sketchbook here

"The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger outta there." - Ralph Wiggum

"Never keep up with the Joneses. Drag them down to your level." - Quentin Crisp

"Ordinary morality is only for ordinary people." - Aleister Crowley

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to madhatter106 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well, the bathtub thing just wasn't working out, so here's a quick sketch I did instead. Ignore the fact that the anatomy in his arms is totally ridiculous. :/ I'll fix it, if i have time, but i doubt i'll finish this week...

i'll try to get some crits in soon, promise.

Name:  vamp.jpg
Views: 3042
Size:  387.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heres my wip sorry for posting so late , but the university is keeping me kind of busy , gonna do anything in my hands to finish it . im doing a black vampire like lalilulelo also, kind of like a elegant sexy blade

Chow 108 :: Hot Male Vampire Pinup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here's the lastest. n1va example has helped alot. need to do little adjustments with the shadow then next is the pants. Also I'm thinking of adding smoke coming from his skin to show that the sun is burning him.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Detail of my WIP......plugging away at it and I see I need to move an eye (among other things)...

Name:  CHOW_108_WIP_detail.jpg
Views: 2766
Size:  228.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow, some really great pieces turning up in this thread... I really want to stop and crit, but i don't like picking and choosing, and it's 5am and I should have been in bed two hours ago at least, so another drop and run from me. Just an update on my own piece. He's kind of a nod to the vampire wanna be Reiganse from the Vampire Hunter D anime of 1985, I loved the red and white hair thing. And colour coordinated, like any sexy vamp pin up would be, naturally. Thanks to the person who told me his eyes were slightly off.. figured his whole facial features were ever so slightly too centered for his face.

Name:  vardacolour2.jpg
Views: 9476
Size:  108.2 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Teehee! Sam! He's so 1980's pretty! Like...DuranDuran meets Blade...*steals him and runs away very fast-like*

“The moment you think you understand a great work of art, it's dead for you.”~Oscar Wilde
    My Inglorious Portfolio!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And I think this will be that...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wip Δ

the anatomy of the upper arm - shoulder is still bothering me.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow the quality of work here is really high, anyway posting what is to be my final ....first chow ever woot .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, I want one of those.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is my very first chow ever. I didn't do a rich elegant male vamp but a thuggish biker type vamp with torn cloths and stuff. I guess he's a blue collar vamp. =)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I guess mine is finished ^^. Any last crits?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks everyone for the tips, it really helped me! This is my final I guess.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just thought I'd take a peek at a few of the WIPS. Everyone is so creative! Looks like you guys and gals are having a blast with this one!
    I do have to say, Zephyri, your vamp hottie can bite my neck any time! Too good and too sexy! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I decided to start again - I'm planning on finishing that other one but it wasn't really appropriate for the topic. I guess this one isn't much better, but its more in the right direction and less emo. There's about a millimetre more chest as well, haha

Name:  cowboypro03.jpg
Views: 2136
Size:  37.9 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am way late. Just started working on this. Hopefully I'll have it done by tomorrow...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

2 is better than one...

hiya everyone!
    some great work here...this week was super crunch at work so i barely had a chance to do anything but i wanted to participate. here's a rough of my idea...a bit late...not sure if i can make the deadline...but hopefully i can have it finished by tomorrow!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hot, Sexy, Male Vampire!!! Why do I only see this now

You guys and gals are rockin' this, though

blue's sketchbook
    Someone gave me this custom title and I will never, ever change it!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    damn this looks interesting chow but never cant get anything drawn in time

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I posted my chow in the finals thread. Thanks for all the tips and crits! I'm going to hand out some tips too, I hope it helps ^^

Ebony-Chan: cool, but keep an eye on anatomy. I think the muscles pop out a bit too much.
    Tsujni: Yours has a very twisted atmosphere, cool! Though probalby not everyone's definition of "hot" Upper arms look a bit swollen maybe?
    rvdtor: Nice drawing! The design of the dress is a bit confusing maybe (what are those yellow things exactly?), but still cool.
    Zephyri: Well, your drawing rocks . I do think that it has a bit too much going on, with all the hair and all the trinkets. Simplifying the clothing design would make this drawing even better I think.
    Giordan: Please finish this sketch, it looks very cool. What are you going to do with the environment?
    daestwen: I really like your sketch, hope you can finish it. I think the arms look good, the left one maybe too short? I like the curly hair!

Well, good luck everyone, I'm looking forward to all the finished entries!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Martheart For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I really dig your concept, Mr. Robot. Cool stylization. I doubt I'll finish mine but we shall see! I dunno why I'm feeling so 'pastel'. Maybe in defiance of typical vampire emo stuff...

“The moment you think you understand a great work of art, it's dead for you.”~Oscar Wilde
    My Inglorious Portfolio!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Graaah! Why do I only see this topic now?? DAY-amn, I want to do this one! Well, I'll try to whomp something out, anyway... Here's my rough starting sketch at the moment (scrambles off to refine and finish...)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My first CHOW ever...don't think i'll get this done in time at this late hour, but here's a WIP...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Agnostes, that's really awesome, work on detailing it out, love the look of the center figure.

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'll get to work on it tomorrow...no promises..cheers for the feedback

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks for the help guys , great entries i hope everyone gets to finish

Arthemis IX it was kinda like flowy pants pulled down around his crotch area and the yellow stuff are just gold studs holding the cloth pieces between the legs or something haha srry i was just trying to go with what i was painting.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, I'm new here and this also happends to be my first CHOW. I found out about this rounds' subject absurdly late, but being that it is too fantastic to pass up, did my best to produce some type of work before Sunday. Unfortunately I doubt I will manage to finish, but hopefully I will post again later tonight my progess. Does anyone happen to know a lovely Adobe Photoshop tutorial that could be a use? I am horrible at digital colouring and any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I apologize for the horrid photo, and digital enhancement.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3