Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    haroldfay - One would think a forum full of life studies and nekkid boobies would allow for nudity. Of not that, then you obviously you need to get yourself over to Last Man3, b/c there are man-bits in those threads too.

On the pic itself...I like the pose and his body (nice tits!), but the face is a little expressionless. Might be good to rethink the dead corpse accessory since I'm pretty sure that takes away the sex appeal despite what you've done with the actual vamp.

Daestwen - I agree w/ Pseudocog. Legs over the side would work, I think. I dunno what sort of blood-gasm your guy is having, but that position is pretty painful without resting some weight (arm, back or head) on something. Lovely hair!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirana For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    i hope i can actually finish this, don't like the lower body
    update: colors, also zephyri you are right about the legs, after i uploaded it i went back and made them longer, thanks.

Chow 108 :: Hot Male Vampire Pinup Chow 108 :: Hot Male Vampire Pinup

Last edited by myalias; February 27th, 2008 at 07:37 AM.

Thanks
    Thanx for the crit, Mirana. I will reconsider the face.
    The esoterical question is: can it still be considered a concept art when there is nothing but two naked people???

Thanks
    Daestwen: beautiful linework so far, he's gorgeous. Regarding the crit made further up about the weight issue on his neck, you could simply extend the sides of the tub up to be like one of those old victorian cast iron bathtubs, but love how it's looking thus far. Reminds me a little of Cavalcanti from Gankutsuou.

Harold: love the poses and the anatomy so far, though his teeth bother me, not so much for the attractive factor, but more for the fact they just look like triangles stuck to his lips... as they dont seem to follow the curve of his teeth or allow for them. But other than that and miranda's point on the face expression, i like it a lot!

Chickenbone: classic looking pose so far, can't wait to see where you take it!

Mylias: I like the suggestion of the clothing you've got going on there, not dissimilar to what I had in mind myself. I think maybe the legs could stand to be a tad on the longer side, but nice sketch!

Yin: another good potential sketch! Love the cross at the bottom, nice detail!

Shardana: ehehe the catalogue blurb made me giggle, and i love the head thrown back maniacal laughter pose. Looking forward to seeing more done to it.

Lewis: I really like the pose, but the mouth expression is spoiling it for me, as I can't decide whether he looks more like he's glues his teeth together, or is in a great amount of pain! May I suggest maybe going for something more sublime... a la "Nightbells" by Brom: Brom's art (middle of the bottom row on that page) but maybe adding some horror elements to it to keep the vampire suggestion in it.

And here's my first sketch.. might yet play with his hair some, and I have a border to add, as I'm actually killing two birds with one stone with this Chow, as this fits uncannily for a commission I have to do, a series of hot pin up guys with nouveau-esque borders.

Name:  chow108-1.jpg
Views: 1949
Size:  105.8 KB

Last edited by zephyri; February 25th, 2008 at 11:33 PM.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zephyri For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hunk takes a Chunk

This is my first CHOW... actually its my first activity

I really want to do an EOW but its almost over. I need the practice anyway

Heres my good looking, blood thirsty attempt (WIP)

Grr

BTW do i need to show the whole anatomy or just the chest up...

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by remmy; March 1st, 2008 at 02:25 AM.
    This account is dead but my sketchbook holds in it my humble beginnings
    SKETCHBOOK NEW SKETCHBOOK

Thanks
    vamps and bondage go together, ... like ... vamps and bondage.

Chow 108 :: Hot Male Vampire Pinup

Thanks
    This is the best chow. I have to make one that looks like interview with a vampire. That movie is only slightly homoerotic.

Thanks
    I've made so many WIPs lately without contributing to the final thread, I hope I get there this time.

It's practice anyway.

*tries to stop thinking about "Vampire: The Masquerade".......*

"The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist"

Sork's SB - Crits appreciated - not getting updated atm
    C G H U B SB Thread
    Blog
    Facebook, please send me a message about your username

Thanks
    zephyri it looks really cool , but he really looks alike someone famous i cant quite tell who , did you use any ref for the face?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,271 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyri View Post
    Oh, and Aly, he is sexy, but it's not what I personally would call 'pin-up' per se, though thats by no means to say he couldn't be in the goth pin up calendar! He's giving off a decidedly Sweeny Todd feel with the stripey hair.. but I adore his hands
    Cheers Sam. Yeah, fair enough! I think it's time for him to show those pecs! I'm a firm believer in that you don't need to 'get it all out' to be sexy, particularly with female pin-ups, but he looks a bit over-dressed. As for the stripey hair, that's most definitely Dave Vanian from The Damned who can claim the white streak long before Mr Depp and Mr Burton.

And... er... ahem... yours is hot I 'spose, if you like that sort of thing... guys I mean... cough... did anyone see the game last night?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aly Fell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    aarggg i just see this one so late >_<...hmmm there is still time! i am SO gonna join in this one XD

Thanks
    Hmm nice entries so far.

skorpi - I think you may need to adjust how his hat sits on his head, or improve the angle a bit so if its being tipped from the head, there's a definite show of it.

Joey-b - Good start, but I think for pin up he needs to be a little less evil and more sexified!

Lewis - I like the posing so far, but I think I would prefer to have his face actually looking towards us.

shardana - haha nice, I like his cackle or evil laugh appearance Would be nicer with a smaller crop maybe, other than that Ive no real crits.

Poshspice - I just laugh when I see this, its those mutton chops! I do like it though, and I do love the fact he in fact clothed regally. Makes him very suave sir! Interested to see where you go with this

daestwen - I love this so far, but as someone mentioned he looks a bit stiff or in a painful position. Maybe have him slouching even more and yet with his head pointing skywards would help?

zephyri - haha hot already and its only your line art! Very nice, I like the mix of the armour, leathers etc. Looking forward to seeing this finished!

So far I have been toying with a modern vampire, kinda city flyboy idea. Not sure if I should make the crop higher too, to show some more hair. So yeah mines clothed too, with a hint of skin! Probably pinstripe too >.>

Name:  vamprouchsketch.jpg
Views: 1635
Size:  93.7 KB

"I'm a damsel, I'm in distress, I can handle this! Have a nice day."

...Some sort of sketchbook...

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Giordan View Post
    zephyri it looks really cool , but he really looks alike someone famous i cant quite tell who , did you use any ref for the face?
    Thanks, and no, no-one in particular. I've been doing a series of these guys so i have a file full of faces and bods that I mix and match from in a frankenstein esque manner, so he has the eyes from one, the tweaked nose from another, nostrils from someone else, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshspice View Post
    Cheers Sam. Yeah, fair enough! I think it's time for him to show those pecs! I'm a firm believer in that you don't need to 'get it all out' to be sexy, particularly with female pin-ups, but he looks a bit over-dressed. As for the stripey hair, that's most definitely Dave Vanian from The Damned who can claim the white streak long before Mr Depp and Mr Burton.

And... er... ahem... yours is hot I 'spose, if you like that sort of thing... guys I mean... cough... did anyone see the game last night?
    Couldn't agree with you more, regarding females especially! And this is true regarding the white hair streak... eheheh i think it was perhaps the combo of muttonchops and streak that made me think JD! And yeah, I'd say maybe just show a hint of chest perhaps? Hey, if it worked for blll nighy, i'm more than sure it'd work here too!

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2