Chow 108 :: Hot Male Vampire Pinup - Page 3

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Chow 108 :: Hot Male Vampire Pinup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    zephyri it looks really cool , but he really looks alike someone famous i cant quite tell who , did you use any ref for the face?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,265 Times in 736 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by zephyri View Post
    Oh, and Aly, he is sexy, but it's not what I personally would call 'pin-up' per se, though thats by no means to say he couldn't be in the goth pin up calendar! He's giving off a decidedly Sweeny Todd feel with the stripey hair.. but I adore his hands
    Cheers Sam. Yeah, fair enough! I think it's time for him to show those pecs! I'm a firm believer in that you don't need to 'get it all out' to be sexy, particularly with female pin-ups, but he looks a bit over-dressed. As for the stripey hair, that's most definitely Dave Vanian from The Damned who can claim the white streak long before Mr Depp and Mr Burton.

And... er... ahem... yours is hot I 'spose, if you like that sort of thing... guys I mean... cough... did anyone see the game last night?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aly Fell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    aarggg i just see this one so late >_<...hmmm there is still time! i am SO gonna join in this one XD

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hmm nice entries so far.

skorpi - I think you may need to adjust how his hat sits on his head, or improve the angle a bit so if its being tipped from the head, there's a definite show of it.

Joey-b - Good start, but I think for pin up he needs to be a little less evil and more sexified!

Lewis - I like the posing so far, but I think I would prefer to have his face actually looking towards us.

shardana - haha nice, I like his cackle or evil laugh appearance Would be nicer with a smaller crop maybe, other than that Ive no real crits.

Poshspice - I just laugh when I see this, its those mutton chops! I do like it though, and I do love the fact he in fact clothed regally. Makes him very suave sir! Interested to see where you go with this

daestwen - I love this so far, but as someone mentioned he looks a bit stiff or in a painful position. Maybe have him slouching even more and yet with his head pointing skywards would help?

zephyri - haha hot already and its only your line art! Very nice, I like the mix of the armour, leathers etc. Looking forward to seeing this finished!

So far I have been toying with a modern vampire, kinda city flyboy idea. Not sure if I should make the crop higher too, to show some more hair. So yeah mines clothed too, with a hint of skin! Probably pinstripe too >.>

Name:  vamprouchsketch.jpg
Views: 1576
Size:  93.7 KB

"I'm a damsel, I'm in distress, I can handle this! Have a nice day."

...Some sort of sketchbook...

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Giordan View Post
    zephyri it looks really cool , but he really looks alike someone famous i cant quite tell who , did you use any ref for the face?
    Thanks, and no, no-one in particular. I've been doing a series of these guys so i have a file full of faces and bods that I mix and match from in a frankenstein esque manner, so he has the eyes from one, the tweaked nose from another, nostrils from someone else, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Poshspice View Post
    Cheers Sam. Yeah, fair enough! I think it's time for him to show those pecs! I'm a firm believer in that you don't need to 'get it all out' to be sexy, particularly with female pin-ups, but he looks a bit over-dressed. As for the stripey hair, that's most definitely Dave Vanian from The Damned who can claim the white streak long before Mr Depp and Mr Burton.

And... er... ahem... yours is hot I 'spose, if you like that sort of thing... guys I mean... cough... did anyone see the game last night?
    Couldn't agree with you more, regarding females especially! And this is true regarding the white hair streak... eheheh i think it was perhaps the combo of muttonchops and streak that made me think JD! And yeah, I'd say maybe just show a hint of chest perhaps? Hey, if it worked for blll nighy, i'm more than sure it'd work here too!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Count Orlok, hot? yes? no?
    http://www.hatii.arts.gla.ac.uk/Mult...__pictures.htm

did a re-pose, not sure if the anatomy is orthodox, the left leg bugs me. comments? crits? the nudity may go in the final. Idea just popped in me head, white skirt and a black corset on a male - that just screams "hot". Well, in my mind at least.

Chow 108 :: Hot Male Vampire Pinup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Oh... mommy likes what she sees!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Poshspice
    My answer to your question;

BARE CHEST! ~
    (the bare chest sketch is more pin-up AND pimp, and thus better )

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ah, damn, I can see I'm out voted for Posh's Vampire's coat... shucks.

Edit: Nevermind, Posh, I'm satisfied with the new version. (mm coats)

Last edited by daestwen; February 26th, 2008 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Love it Aly.. definitely has that pin up feel now... there's a certain "come hither while I have my wicked way with you" about him avec pecs. I most definitely would. Yummy.

Oh, and Frost and Dominic Purcell's Dracula from the Blade films were hot too. Oh! And Richard Roxberg in Van Helsing. Rawr. And Gary Oldman and Rutger Haur too. *cough* So many hot vampires to choose from! (can you tell i love this subject?) And if you're talking the more dandy type, the japanese do them very well in manga form, Gankutsuou, Vampire Hunter D, Meier Link to name a couple off the top of my head. Feimo and Heise both do the slightly more effeminate pin ups very well too.

Last edited by zephyri; February 26th, 2008 at 01:26 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is becoming one of the most homoerotic threads on this website, thanks to the topic of course. I think I'll participate

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    posh - sorry,i have to say i find him way better with the buttoned coat. it leaves more to the imagination of the drooling audience.

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    don't havemuch time now, I'll comment later - sexy vamps

my placeholder w-i-p. (not that hot yet and based on the pose of the Sleeping Faun - I always liked that one and it came to my mind again when I've read that topic - dunno why)

step 1

step 2

Last edited by Nike; February 26th, 2008 at 06:23 PM.
    "The reason why truth is so much stranger than fiction is that there is no requirement for it to be consistent."-Mark Twain

gone.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think he is young and well dressed and comfortable with who he is, Aly... but is he hot? I don't know. I think his chin is too small and gentle. I wish it was more protruded and bony... I wish it was more calcium overall in his his face structure, his features are too fine and fragile for me. Especially area around his mouth. I wish you caught more peculiar expression of the face too... a bit too predictable and general. Like him with unbuttoned coat, more interesting to look.

Sorry if it is not what you wanted to hear... but you asked for opinion.

Last edited by sve; February 26th, 2008 at 02:44 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    very cool starts chaps!! some refining.. the cape is giving me troubles tho..I want it to be black, and i want it to be shaded so that its clear that the light comes from the left. right now it looks gray, if i make it darker the shading gets screwed so you dont know wich side is lit and i cant seem to get the specularity correct..any tip on how to do that?

BLOG
    CgHub

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nike: Wow! That's really sensual. I wonder, are you going for a purple light source? Just seems right now the reflections on the cloth don't match with that on the guy. (yet?)

Tsujini: Also, very daring! Real nice, reminds me of the "Closer" video, wich is by no means bad.

So, don't have much of an interesting concept here.
    Rockstar kitteh, err.. Vampire wants you!

Edit: Pose looks stupid. Any suggestions?

Attached Images Attached Images  

20. The Following User Says Thank You to DigitallyDumbfounded For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,766 Times in 648 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Digital I think right now it just doesn't look like he even know what he's doing. There's no reason for his shoulders to be up, as it is, so... If you like that hunched-shoulder thing, give him a reason to be doing it. For example, have his hands behind him, bracing something like a table, or a ledge? If you did that, and tipped him forward a bit, and gave a little negative space between the legs.... I guess ultimately it depends on what you want him to exude. Is he menancing yet incredibly sexy? Or relaxed and incredibly sexy? or smooth and incredibly sexy?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to daestwen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First wip, don't really like the face:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,265 Times in 736 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Occidental_Martyr - The pose is fine, but you're right about the face. A smile's great, but it just needs to relax a bit. Bring the lips slightly together and it'll look less like he's grimacing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks, Daestwen.
    I guess I was struggling to keep the pose of the arms and shoulders, but I'll try something altogether different, with more planning. ;P
    This is what I eventually came up with but it looks awkward.
    Sooo, I'll try something different.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    okay, so here's my work in progess... since it's purely a self-indulgent work I decided to really indulge (hahaha...) and make him a cowboy vampire. Yes. For those who are wondering, there will be a hand sticking out of his messenger bag, a hip flask filled with blood and blood spatters on his clothing.

Name:  chow108vampunfin.jpg
Views: 1412
Size:  44.0 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quick Update, got the image finalized now is the time for me to fuck it up.... yeah!

ok I think I am going to go with this, my poetic take on the assignment

Last edited by Jack Frost; February 26th, 2008 at 07:20 PM. Reason: image update
    illustration web space:
    www.ebillustration.com
    general portfolio website:
    www.ebillustration.com/gallery
    ca sketchbook:
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=118097

careful, if you click on the sketch book link while you are viewing my ca sketchbook you might get stuck in a causality loop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    alice, I just had to quickly reply, what a great start

oh and of course posh what another great start!

illustration web space:
    www.ebillustration.com
    ca sketchbook:

careful, if you click on the sketch book link while you are viewing my ca sketchbook you might get stuck in a causality loop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Poshspice View Post
    Occidental_Martyr - The pose is fine, but you're right about the face. A smile's great, but it just needs to relax a bit. Bring the lips slightly together and it'll look less like he's grimacing.
    Thanks, I'll try that. I just want his fangs to show.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Daray: I like the idea of the city slicker vampire, men in sharp suits are undeniably hot. Unusual composition so far.. will you be adding something to the left of him?

Tsujini: oh my... you just pushed all my buttons with that one. Eheheh looove how thats looking so far.

Nike: Love the pose, though watch your skin tones don't get too muddy and remember to bounce some of those lovely purples and oranges onto his skin too, to give a really nice luminescence.

Shardana: If you can get hold of a copy of either this or last month's Imagine FX, Aly/Poshspice had a great tutorial featuring this image: Demoness or failing that, reference is your friend!:
    http://www.swordofthedaywalker.com/blade3ws6.jpg
    http://www.bandstalker.com/rain/trenchcoat.jpg
    http://www.ravenswoodleather.com/Tre.../raven1med.jpg
    http://www.frightcatalog.com/i/360x360/1106016.jpg
    Hope those are of use!

Occidental martyr... I'd agree with Aly, he's definitely showing a little too much teeth to be smiling naturally.. and be careful with the marks you make on the face too, those paler lines under his right eye as we see it make him look a lot older than I'm guessing he should be.

D.Dumbfounded: I think the reason you're not finding your mojo with the image is there's no strong sense of story to the character.. why is he sitting like that, in the tree? I did you a little sketch as to how you might reinterpret the image with a little more character... http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...nline/vamp.jpg keeping that sort of pose you have, but now he looks like he has a purpose, lurking in the tree tops for a victim, looking sexy as he does. Thats if you've not redesigned already! But he has promise to be something a little different, thats for sure.

And here's a quickie update on mine, added a flourishy border to him in keeping with the others I've done. Just need to think of a colour scheme. My heart is screaming for red and black, but its so overdone with vampires. it does make them more instantly recognisable, some how.

Name:  chow108-2.jpg
Views: 1426
Size:  175.6 KB

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zephyri For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi everyone. This is the first chow I've entered in a long while. It's definitely time to enter the fray again, and recieve an artistic beat-down. Given the topic, that seems very likely...

I'm just posting my linework now, to see if anyone has any useful feedback before I start painting. Admittedly, my interpretation of the topic has been pretty loose; I was designing the character under the pretext that vampires may have slightly different standards of beauty. Perhaps, in whatever fictional universe they inhabit, the vampires appear physically distinct from humans. Although the vampires may be attracted to each other, they may look repulsive to humans.

Even though this interpretation could possibly be argued for, it does seem to be going against the spirit of this chow, and is unlikely to get many votes. Really, I just wanted to do a feral vampire, and wasn't too concerned about trying to make the vampire attractive. This may defeat the purpose of the chow - I could change it though. Not sure what to do.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Last wip for tonight:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    WIP(updated)

Last edited by timothee; February 29th, 2008 at 12:19 AM.
    You can work now and play later, or play now and work later.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    timothee - I like your direction on the piece, and nice mood

illustration web space:
    www.ebillustration.com
    ca sketchbook:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Crit's:

MatthewCampbell: I know I'm pretty picky with the CHOW guidelines when I vote, but if it's an insanely good piece I consider voting for it. In my opinion you'd at least be safer if your vampire didn't look as feral as you have it now. The way you've got him right now gives it a very undignified, rabies-bitten kind of appearance. Not something I would associate with vampires. And it does avoid the whole pinup aspect of this CHOW. That's my input.

DigitallyDumbfounded: Try lowering his shoulders, his shrug is quite effeminate and he looks like he's very uncomfortable or scared. He's missing that cool, sexy look that a pinup should have. Comfortable, relaxed, and confident is what I would shoot for.

alice_: I think that might just make him look like a serial killer. Could be tough selling the whole vampire thing with that expression as it's not a very pinup-like pose. Beautiful work so far, though.

shardana: Why don't you show us a wip where you've made the cape black, then we can see better where you might be getting it wrong.

--

Here's what I've got so far. Not sure about the background, or how to make the character more vampiric. Wings, maybe? Dunno. This is definitely good practice though. As it's been said, the ladies don't complain about having to draw women. This is probably good for us. Plus my gf really wants me to do this one, she would appreciate me taking a break from drawing women all the time.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3