Underworld..Did you like it? *Spoilers*Updated

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Underworld..Did you like it? *Spoilers*Updated

Before reading any further ahead you hereby acknowledge that possible spoilers will be posted in this thread. THe opionions expressed are properties of theirs owners.
    *Updated from this morning

Overall i thought it was fantastic movie...albeit it had a problem here and there...

Underworld was enoyable in so many different levels..

First..The setting and the mood of the film was extremely well done..words that come to mind are dreary, dark, and gothic...
    The backdrop of a European city(i have no clue which) set a great atmosphere for the entire film..the architecture is really noticiable in the scene when Selene is overlooking the city..also the weaponary was awesomely done..the explanation on how the Lycans(Werewolves) recieved their UV radiated bullets(possibly stealing from military weapons testing facilites..or something like that)..and how the vampires quickly come up with a counter measure(afterall they are extremely wealthy), Silver nitrate bullets...

Second..where the first of the few problems arise is the characters...Why should we care for most of these characters??
    Lucien of the Lycans had most of his backstory visually presented to the audience in a series of flashbacks...you end up caring for what he's striving for...
    Selene(Kate Beckinsale) has her backstory verbally explained to you, in a boring fashion...Michael same deal...these 2 characters shold have more of their past revealed so we the audience can feel for them more...but they delivered their performances in such grand display....although you didn't care about them much..you wanted to see them on screen anyway...
    The worst of all the characters tho, was Kraven..you watch the movie you'll see why...he has the look to play a good vampire, but his voice acting(the ability to change your voice to convey emotion) was terrible...he, i wanted dead the whole movie..

The werewolves were badass and the vampires weren't bad ass enough...
    The werewolves were huge looking creatures and their transformations were the best since American werewolf in London...

The Vampires were lackluster..using only guns to down the Lycans...they should've been faster..and way more agile...

IMHO The good outway the bad, although the bad parts are pretty noticible...and with a 20 million dollar budget it sure was pretty good 8 out of 10

Last edited by bRyaN; September 24th, 2003 at 11:37 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    the characters were 1-dimensional to me. Viktor should have been called Kain and just made a soul reaver movie.
    It was too long to and still ended with a crap "trilogy" ending.
    and omg kraven was such a puss i wanted to strangle him with his shiny shirts.
    the Michael character was totally lame, "oh im a werewolf now...oh okay, your a vampire? ..oh okay...im just gonna tag alone and not say a peep about whats going on"

if your gonna see this movie, please let someone else buy your ticket.

Last edited by jwo; September 24th, 2003 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks
    this movie was ok but a let down, i had expected more, first off, the story was really stupid to begin with and secondly lycan can be killed way to easily for being actualy werewolfs ud think they would fuck people up but they dont that much, the acting was cheezy at alot of parts and overall it could have been done alot better i think.

Thanks
    But the voice... his voice... Could it get any lower ? BassBoost, resample, Bassboost. :rofl:

Thanks
    Originally posted by gasmask
    this movie was ok but a let down, i had expected more, first off, the story was really stupid to begin with and secondly lycan can be killed way to easily for being actualy werewolfs ud think they would fuck people up but they dont that much, the acting was cheezy at alot of parts and overall it could have been done alot better i think.
    Welll they did kinda fuck people up...but when you got pumped full of bullets that sear the your organs...i don't think would be up for to long..

How many vamps, did you see stand toe to toe with one of the wolves...

Originally posted by jwo
    the characters were 1-dimensional to me. Viktor should have been called Kain and just made a soul reaver movie.
    It was too long to and still ended with a crap "trilogy" ending.
    and omg kraven was such a puss i wanted to strangle him with his shiny shirts.
    the Michael character was totally lame, "oh im a werewolf now...oh okay, your a vampire? ..oh okay...im just gonna tag alone and not say a peep about whats going on"

if your gonna see this movie, please let someone else buy your ticket.
    i agree that Kraven was a whiny lil bitch..
    And i said it, you don't really care about any of the chracters..except Lucien who had his backstory shown through the flashbacks..

But this movie was not as bad as other hyped movies such as Once Upon a Time in Mexico..

Thanks
    I thought Underworld and Underworld: Evolution were fucking amazing, both are actually in my top ten movies of all time. I believe the problem most people had with the movies was that it was more of an action/sci-fi plot, whereas most vampire and werewolf movie lovers were expecting a horror or fantasy movie, i thought the lycans were creative in design, and they looked as realisticly brutish as a werewolf can get. Lucian has a wonderful backstory, almost a gothic Spartacus of sorts. He actually is the main character in the prequel Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, which is hyped to be much more action packed, and is much closer to being a horror film, though i really don't expect a ton of suspense. I will aggree the voice acting could have been improved, Michael Sheen had some volume issues and the dialouge is a tad repetitive, but if it really pisses you off to the point you want to start cutting things... just mute it? I found that it was an eye-spectacle, from the transformations to the creature fight scenes and the strange settings, it was a piece of art.

Thanks
    Thread Necromancy FTL. :/ Seriously, bumping a 5 year old post? I wish there was a groan button...

"Every generation sees the past though the lens of its own time." - Thom Hartmann

Thanks
    haha, maybe

Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Awise from your grave!

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I...thought, well, I thought I was seriously looking into the past just then. Then I found the dates amusing.

Underworld was a rubbish film series. Its Blade with werewolves...

Thanks
    thread comes back from the death...

Thanks
    uugghhhhh..............?

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    What ever happened to bRyaN?

Thanks
    ....and why doesnt Cos post anymore o_0

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

Thanks
    Once the makers of the film had a fairly clear idea of what kind of film they wanted to make, they browsed through Elfwood to search for the most superficial, pretentious, unoriginal, emo-geek 12-14 year-olds they could find, and commissioned them to write the script and provide the art direction.

Thanks
    Awful.

Lousy writing, plot holes, an ending telegraphed with rockets five minutes in, terrible performances.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.