Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Traditional arts is the best way to start on a concept artists path, not doubts about that. And there are most certainly jobs in the larger game studios for dedicated conceptors (I invent words, it's a bad habit) where they can move you from project to project, and of course there are studios like Massive Black. But like I said, to get in the door you need the full package, as many skills as will fit on a resume and demo reel.

Do you have access to a painting program? Photoshop or Painter or something? If you do, I'd like to see you post something.

"Fear is the death of courage"

Check out my Sketchbook
    3D Stuff Models
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    yes i have photoshop 7 and use it quite a bit, i will be painting my sketches soon. if i keep up my drawing i might be busting out some sketches each week. i'll post everything i sketch even the shittier stuff, to give you an idea of what's first coming out of my head.

Thanks
    your off to a good start here. i would suggest doing more anatomy studies. look into books by loomis or brigman. both are great for reference and learning. your line art is good however i would suggest using more weighted line to help bring out more contrast. also when coloring digitally, try using a harder brush so you don't get the dulled down blurred colors. keep it up.

To live is to create, to create is to live. Without art and music, I do not know how I would get by in my day to day life.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=115997

Thanks
    Thank you, i'll look into it! =) i'm curently sketching some character and so far my porportion and loosness has improved quite a bit, i'll be posting it soon.

Thanks
    Some random character off the top of my head... hope my proportion was at least somewhat accurate.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    I will never loose my desires. Help me improve, check out my sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1667187

Thanks

rise/fall

Kind of bad quality because i had to size it down quite a bit, anyway this picture has more of a symbolic meaning behind it. Basically, on the left you have the dying human race and the US, on the right you have it's rebirth as the machines which will replace us.

I will never loose my desires. Help me improve, check out my sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=1#post1667187

Thanks
    here's a painting i did in photoshop, just painted over my line art.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.