2 8.33%
  • Hannes

0 0%
  • llothcat

2 8.33%
  • Skorpi

20 83.33%

Thread: P.O.W.! Challenge 3--Final Poll

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,580 Times in 1,786 Posts
    Follows
    Following

P.O.W.! Challenge 3--Final Poll

Final Poll: P.O.W.! 3: True Love

Again, we only have four entries, but more people are getting involved, which is a good sign. Congratulations to everybody who fought their way through to the end. The voting will be open for roughly two weeks. Vote for one artist, and just to remind you--the theme is "True Love," with any interpretation you feel appropriate to your story. The art could have been either black and white or color, so don't let that sway your vote, and the stories do not have to be "complete" as such, though they should make sense to at least a degree that we can follow them.

Artists are posted in alphabetical order...

No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Ilaekae is offline P.O.W.! Leader, Complete Idiot, Super Moderator Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Flip McGee...

Attached Images Attached Images            
    No position or belief, whether religious, political or social, is valid if one has to lie to support it.--Alj Mary

Ironically, the concept of SIMPLICITY is most often misunderstood by simple-minded people. --Alj Mary

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hannes...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    llothcat...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Skorpi...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aw tough choice but I thought Flip had the most original/entertaining idea. Plus I want burgers now!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Melonby For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I vote Skorpi, for drawing quality, storytelling quality, and a cute joke.

ketchook!

SSG #44
    "The Fightin' 44th"
    - _andreas_ - brunopicinini - funfetus - Suarezart -

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Voted Skorpi, because it was such a cute idea and well-drawn. I liked the red shading for a 'true love'-themed comic, haha. It was also the easiest to understand - both in terms of storytelling and how the characters are thinking / feeling.

Hannes - this one has a really high 'aww'-factor, especially the bunnies. But I'm confused why part of it was in colour and part left in b & w. I also could have done without seeing the buttcrack on the guy on the first page. -.-

Flip McGee - very cute idea, but it was a bit hard for me to follow at first (many cuts to close-ups of characters and I had trouble telling apart who was who and looking at who) but I read it over again and figured it out This comic rated a close 2nd in my opinion, mostly because I liked the story.

Llothcat - cool concept, and I like how you drew the woman. But the perspective is a little wonky and the hologram looks very solid for a hologram.

All in all, nice work... hope I didn't offend anyone with my comments! ^^; To prove I'm not all talk and no action, I'll try and submit something for next week's round!

Arish in the Mirror - Self-Portrait page

Sketchbook

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Arish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted Skorpi, that one seemed the most complete and was the easiest to follow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I voted for Skorpi, because all the reasons listed above and I liked it the best.

Well, Arish, part of it was b & w because the guy doesn't go out that much and he is blunt and boring and all that depressive stuff and the girl is the light that brings the colours back to his empty life. That guy might be a jerk for not caring about his butcrack but still he tells to the girl what he really feels and is nice and smiles. And if he draws bunnies - he really cant be that bad. But the thing about this comic is really about the feeling of breasts been pressed against your back.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hannes - Oh ok, that makes sense! Thanks for explaining it. Guys do love that feeling, haha...

Arish in the Mirror - Self-Portrait page

Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the votes

I'm not sure, if anyone noted that the diviner was part of the perfum marketing concept XD

Flip McGee I like the Idee, it's easy to follow the story but I think you could bring out more from your drawings. Some black areas would help to give some focus in the pages.

Hannes I like the idea and the bunnies are cute. Your drawings are not bad but this blur effects don't work, I liked the WIP version more.

llothcat Nice idea and clear storytelling. I like your drawings and the simple b/w contrast.
    The different perspectives are interesting but also a bit confusing.
    Take a look at this page: http://telophase.livejournal.com/113219.html There are some really good analysis about paneling.

Forgive me my bad english

my sketchbook and my homepage

15. The Following User Says Thank You to skorpi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Congratulations to skorpi for one hell of a cute solution to this challenge. In fact, I'm rather impressed by the fact that no one took the easy route on this one, and with such a smarmy theme, it would have been so easy to be lazy.

Skorpi, I'm going to do something I usually try NOT to do and make an extra personal comment on your piece...this is beautiful! You took every sappy cliché there is and turned it inside out/upside down/and back again and turned out one remarkable piece. A special "well done" from me personally...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.