Results 1 to 2 of 2
February 21st, 2008 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Feb 2008
- Czech Republic, Prague [Čelákovice]
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Could you please give me critique of my very first digital artworks? I have been painting with my new tablet just for two months and I really want to improve. So I will appreciate any constructive critique. Thanks!
1) Shore in the moonlight - about 3 hours - I made this artwork just a week after I started learn digital painting
2) The last battle - about 8 hours
3) Shall we land? - about 8 hours
4) The Citadel - about 8 hours
I've got also some speedpaintings - see http://wan-to.deviantart.com/gallery...gital-concepts
Everything done with Wacom Bamboo Fun Medium (A5) in Gimp.
Hide this ad by registering as a memberFebruary 21st, 2008 #2
Good Lord, those are amazing. I like the piece with the tank best.
The only thing I'm really noticing is that you have a lot of bumps, and not much in the way of rocky contours. It's especially noticable in the first and third piece; you've got a lot of little hills and 'wrinkles' going that don't quite fit because there's so many of them. Try making the ground smoother most of the time... then when you do throw in a sharp-edged rock, it'll stand out that much more. Or to put it another way, there's a lot of excess detail... which isn't always a good thing.