New Website Design UP | Critique/Suggestions needed!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

New Website Design UP | Critique/Suggestions needed!

Hello CA folk... here is my new website design... do you have suggestions/tips or critiques about it? Check it out at: http://www.franciscogalarraga.com I'll be looking forward to what you guys have to say..

Greetings!
    GRiNGoLoCo

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    gringo, I like it man, the layout is simple and clean yet elegant. The black and white brings your paintings even further out. I was thinking on going b/w myself on my own site because of that effect it has on color images.
    One thing I would like to see is the thumbnails of your works, instead of having that slider, have the thumbnails of whats in the slider on one side and the frame on the side containing the selected image. that would be cool man.

J.L. ALFARO

"Be who you are and say what you feel,because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind."
    -Dr. Seuss

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pretty good. The biggest crit I have is probably that the text is no text, but an image. Google won't find your site and I can't adjust the font size, making it very, very hard to read on a big screen. Also, if you don't want to get rid of those images, at least use better anti-aliasing. At the moment, they are almost cryptical due to the bad edges.

Also, I was a little confused by the pointing arrows. I'd try making them gray instead of white. It's okay for them to distract the eye when you load the page (although not optimal), but it's really annoying when you're viewing the pictures.

Not sure about the paintings being put into such a small space due to the use of the iframes. There's not enough space around them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the suggestions JL and Jabo, I think I will indeed need to enlarge the text a bit, due to the reading issues, since some people have pointed out it's hard to read nature. I'm on a 17 inch monitor, at 1280x1024 res, so i designed to look good on it, but maybe i shouldn't have been that selfish in a sense. Thanks for the suggestion about the thumbnails JL, when I designed the website, I built the "small" space (iframe), to show my work as rather larger than normal "thumbnails". Large enough not to be considered as thumbnails, but to sufficiently show the work I make, without too much detail. I plan to later add "ENLARGE" links in each image, but that will take a while, before I come up with a suitable way of showing the larger files (maybe I'll reconsider lightbox 2 to do it).

Thanks again, and I'll inform when the text enlargement changes are already uploaded.

"Nihil est in intellectu quod non prius in sensu" | SB | Portfolio | FJGC (blog) | DA (Profile) | EJERCICIOS DE COLOR

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice design

you need to translate this into text as Jabo said, look at getting a random image generator you can create one using javascript and simple html
    also if you are show casing your images you need to put on the front of your site,

also look at css to give you flexibility also gives you a chance to create and easily edit the site. also watch the size,

standard is 800px by 600px with css you can create auto stretching

its a good starting point.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.