Art: Any Hints, Coments?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Any Hints, Coments?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Any Hints, Coments?

PLEASE CHECK MY SITE www.carlosvillas.com AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF MY WORK

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Villas,

you want some hints and comments? Well, if you expect those looking at your work to give you something like advices how to improve or devolop your work, they maybe simply won`t be able to, so there is no one else than you, that could tell you anything about how to do these kind of work. Me is the same, in this respect I can`t tell you anything.

But I will try to express, as far as my ability reaches, so english is not my first language, what I feel and think about it. I will talk primarly about the first one, so it is the most impressive for me, although I am aware of them to be deeply connected to each other.

First I was looking, or better starring at this picture in a kind of tingling misbelief, so I just could not believe, that there is someone outside, that is confronting with one of the oldest and hardes themes, that can be found in (art)history AND not fail. Most of these, who take up that subject end in quotation of other works, simplification or madness. Not to mention those, who produce all that stupid "praise/fight the lord/satan" stuff. You were able to keep it complex and deep, just the way the whole subjet is in reality. I think that this picture is a strong and unique argument against duality; good on the one side, bad on the other side, in between the world. In a way it comes to me like an illustration (and even more than this) of the theories of an french autor named Pierre Klossoowski, who brought back the believes of the gnostics into the modern thinking. If you know him, you know, what I mean. If not, read his books, not to "learn" more about your subjet, just to get to know, that you have support in your work, so this work is anything else than creating strange or dark stuff just for the excitment.

In one word: Respect!

joseph

Last edited by Azospin; February 20th, 2008 at 08:09 PM.

"We all are groups", Gilles Deleuze

My journal
    My finished

Lazarous is offline Courage, honor, and wisdom. Level 4 Gladiator: Meridiani
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I do enjoy your work.
    One thing I do notice, is that the images may sometimes be a little too cropped, particularly the first two here.
    Great job though

More work at Kidawa.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    it's very hard to give advice or comment on works like this specially since you don't say what you were striving for and whether you achieved it. i think they look great, they are very strong images and there is nothing more to do to them except for make more of them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Strong and wierd ay the same time.
    I like

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    weird, cool, graphical, interresting, fun, dark.

i am Jack's complete lack of surprise ... www.e338.com.
    https://www.facebook.com/loic.zimmermann.art

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.