2 layers acting as 1?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

2 layers acting as 1?

hi all

i have this particular pic and i wish to edit the levels/brightness of those two layers. However I wish to them as a whole, not setting one first and then the other. I do not wish to merge them for now neither.

I tried using the 'create new fill or adj layer' found at the bottom of the layers coloum but that sets the settings for that layer and all the ones beneath

X_X
    any help anyone? im not that familliar with pshop :/
    thankx in adv

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Lee- I'm sure there's a way of doing what you're asking, but the only thing that comes to mind right now is to use an adjustment layer; it's the half filled semi circle icon in the middle at the bottom of the layers window. Select a new Levels layer and see what you can do with that. One of the advantages of this is that you can paint in areas you want to be effected by the layers, or paint out parts you don't... and it doesnt change the content of the layers bellow.

____________________________,

Mark's new sketchpad (March1st) | Art blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i tried but it doesnt work on selected layers
    i figured out theres something with an alt+click inbetween layers but i cant figure out how to make it work exactly Y_Y

how come no one knows about this?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There's a way to have an adjustment layer affect only one layer, but none that I know of to have it affect 2 layers and ONLY two layers like what you are showing.

You CAN have it affect one layer (click "Group with previous layer" when you make the adjustment layer), then duplicate the adjustment layer and drag it to just above the other layer you want to affect, then Option click the space between the two layers to make the new adjustment layer only affect the layer just below it. This will mean that any changes you make to either adjustment layer you'll have to repeat the process if you want them to continue having the same values.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.