Art: Circuits*cycles*lines*points ~ First a review of what I bring along to say Hello ~

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Circuits*cycles*lines*points ~ First a review of what I bring along to say Hello ~

Welcome!

I could not say that my work is concept art in a conventional way, particularly with regard to the use of my work, so my characters and scenes are not ment to be implemented into games, comics, films or something similar. Nevertheless I think there are several points of contact. Generally spoken my works are planned to be implemented into performance art, means I will incorporate them in space-installations and then "use" them in a way similar to how a lot of those great characters and tools to be seen here on CA are used in games for example, but without interface and analogical. Means I become in a way identical with characters like this

Circuits*cycles*lines*points ~ First a review of what I bring along to say Hello ~

to "move" inside an architecture like this

to look for him

and ask him for advice and help with a "problem" like this

Sounds like I would be utterly off my trolley? Believe me, I am not,... at the moment. Buh!

As this is my first post on CA, I want to give a review of my work. Means some of the works are several years old, some are quite new.

To start with the circuits and cycles.

These figures are basically constructed out of single lines that close into a circuit in the end. Without crossing and touching. Most of these shown consist of one single circuit. Some are composed out of several ones. As far as reasonable I work freehand and without sketches. If I sketch I do it within the process. I do not avoid sketches and rulers as far as reasonable to purpose virtuosity, I do it, cause I want to keep the development free and "natural" throughout the whole process of drawing as far as possible, although the results of my work look quite technical. That is one aspect I am interested in, who not? The relation/conflict of nature and technology.

".... space 037, what else!"
    35 * 24,8 inches, touch-up sticks and colour coding dots on grounded wood plate

".... flower, what else!"
    35 * 24,8 inches, touch-up sticks on grounded wood plate

"Kind of the frog-o-phants"
    19,7 * 13,8 inches, touch-up sticks on grounded wood plate

"Der Kommer"
    9,8 * 7,8 inches, ink and color coding dots on paper

"Mescalito"
    9,8 * 7,8 inches, ink and color coding dots on paper

"The birth of a circle"
    13,8 * 9,8 inches, ink and markers on paper

"Sun`s orbit"
    13,8 * 9,8 inches, ink on paper

"Trommelwolke"
    16,54 * 11,7 inches, ink on paper

"Herzwaage"

"Eiauslese"
    16,54 *11,7 inches, ink on paper

"Lucifer"

"Satelitte"
    25,6 *12,6 inches, ink on paper

The following are also built out of one single line, but this does not close in the end and obvisousley does cross. When I do these I do not sketch at all, apart from long straight lines and circles, so I am not a child of prodigy.

"Me, kiss me!"

"Historicism"

"Herzstich"

"Multithinkermode"

"Gruppenbewußtsein"

"Schreibvorfahren"

"Frau Bein zeigt..."

"The Love from above"

"End of a world"

Well, and this one is whether a doodle nor a sketch. It is a finsihed work. From this branch exist maybe tousands. They are "written" in one take, very, very fast and can be seen as a kind of control command or instruction of behavior.....

"Schattenboxen"
    16,54 * 11,7 inches, graphit on paper

......for a character like this one

"warrior"
    25,6 * 12,6 inches, ink on paper

Thanks a lot for visiting.

joseph

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Azospin; March 1st, 2008 at 10:23 AM. Reason: theory

"We all are groups", Gilles Deleuze

My journal
    My finished

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    these are not only excellent, but very unique. i hope to see more of the colored ones.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I hope to see more colored ones too.... means, I am right now working on a series of colored ones.

Last edited by Azospin; February 25th, 2008 at 06:09 PM.

My journal
    My finished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow man! wath kind of drug you use?! :-)
    It remember me the Nazca lines!
    Your works are very impressive! It is a style which requires a great deal of patience, I think! yeah I egree with Murmaider... more colored ones!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Danka, the geoglyphs of the Nazca my style remembers you to are apparently (as far as I know till now) the only reference to my one-line-work in "art"-history I could find resp. which did find its way to me. I yet "investigated" that specific approach of constructing shapes and figures for several years before a friend of mine gave me that hint. The fact, that there is almost no reference to find is a quite ambivalent one to me, so on one side it points out, that I am confronted with a field which is largely not yet fathomed and therefore contains a lot of "free space" (I like free space, which artist doesn`t!), on the other side I find myself in the sometimes quite weird position, that there exists no knowledge and experience about the often "unforeseen" problems this approach bears, means I can not have a look through art-history or on the work of others to learn about its development or search for good/bad solutions of specific problems I "discover" or just examples in general. In this respect the nasca lines can not help, so they are (is not meant snotty) too "plain" to be still helpful. Short: It is both a blessing and a curse.

On this occasion: If anyone of you can give me a hint to other references to my single-line-style, in particular the circuit-style or even has experience with it in practice. Please tell me, would be a great help. Thanks.

To the colored ones, I am right now working on a series of colored ones I will show in this section as soon as complete. First examples to find in my journal.

To the drugs: Only the usual ones, only the usual ones........ ;-)

My journal
    My finished

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good heaven's Azo,

I can see these in neon!

I love them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    interesting indeed! keep us updated. I want to see more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your style is very original, i like it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    From a graphic Design standpoint, these are extremely interesting, and i think you struck something very worth exploring. I not much into the colored ones, but still, have you tried inversing them? Black background and white lines, and playing a bit with the line width? ...just a suggestion. Give us more!!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Cool by me. Are you using Illustrator? It could really be good for this type of artwork.

Hope to see more interesting shapes...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Very interesting work. I particularly like the circuit pieces- very nice designs.

You might be interested in the work of the Canadian illustrator Stephan Daigle. He has quite a wide range of topics & subjects and has done a lot of commercial work that I find less interesting, but he has some very interesting linework that your work shares some similarities to. Like you, he works mostly freehand. Seeing them reproduced you would expect them to be done digitally, but they are all painted in acrylic. Unfortunately it's hard to find images on the web that are of high enough quality to show off the intricacies of his work.

www.stephandaigle.com
    http://www.atgvoyages.com/sd/editorial/ed008.htm
    http://www.atgvoyages.com/sd/noireblanc/nb001.htm

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

answers

Good heaven's..

Sharon, I can see them in Neon too, looks great

Angroc, fine to hear that, thank you

aka_sova, thanks a lot!

WODZGN, thanks for the encouragement. I think I can understand, that form your graphic design standpoint, the b/w work is more interesting, so I am aware of the fact, that they 'loose' something just the same as they 'win' something by coloring them, at least in my sight. To your suggestion of inversing them: Yes, I did think about that, but I did not delve into that approach till now, although I am convinced that it is worth it... there are so much possible ways of working with these lines, reaches from building them in Neon (like Sharon suggested) to even landart or architecture..... sometimes it's hard to concentrate, and for the moment I am focused on colors...

cout<mecha, cool by me also. No, I do not use illustrator, means, aside form PS for having a preview of the colors, I do not use any software at all. At least at the moment, but who knows, what future will bring....

Dose, thanks a lot for giving me that hint on Stephan Daigle, I appreciate that a lot. Although I have to say, that I am not too positive about his work, aside from City Scape http://www.atgvoyages.com/sd/editorial/ed008.htm so this painting is quite interesting and could be even -unlike his work in general- called 'innovative'. For sure, the workmanship is formidable, no question, but I am skeptic in matters of content resp. 'ideology' of his work, so it ends up in more or less shallow quotation and arbitrary assemblage of well-know 'old' symbols and allegories (borrowed from different cultures/civilizations) without truly reflecting the culture he emanates from/lives in: the contemporary north-american civilization. I know, this is harsh, but I don`t have confidence in his work and intention, so I think finally it is a kind of deception.

Nevertheless, Dose, your hint reverifies the fact, that my own work is still running danger to be seen similar to these kinds of work, although I try to avoid exactly this. Thanks for that.

My journal
    My finished

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.