Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanks everyone.

To answer your question Coinpurse, "do you usually start off with greyscale before adding color?"...most of the time. I really dont have a set rule or anything, but i usually like to do it like a grisalle underpainting. Which is basically a monochrome sketch to get the basic values and a little bit of color to start your engine. Depending on what color scheme I want, I choose the compliment of the dominant color so that it will automatically creates a nice neutral that I can then push and pull more colors as i wish. I usually only paint on the color layer for about 2 minutes though, then merge that to my background and then paint right on top of that. It gets a little washy looking if you just paint on the color layer.

Anyhoot, thanks everyone for the kind words.

Cheers
    [B][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="2"]Sketchbook Poop

www.thecolehole.blogspot.com - Blog

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
  3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colepoopface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Here's an update on the gas mask dude. Concept wise I think this sucks lol, i mean...its a dude with a gas mask and a demon arm thing, and I really didnt think anything out design wise. I just like painting sometimes I guess.

Thanks
    looking sick man, love that gaunt! watch the right arm though, i'm seeing some "wonkyness" with that forearm. I also think if you gave that gaunt some more weight, it'd really help out the characters form. Maybe have him slanted a bit more towards it?

If you don't mind me asking, how many layers do you actually use?

Thanks
    Good advice Coinpurse, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

I usually use about 3 max. I like to paint on only one most the time. I find that when I get into layer like 5 or six...i get to concerned with layers and crap. I usually only create a new one when I try a bold design decision. then merge that as soon as I find it works or delete it if it doesnt.

Also here's another sketch I have been working on for the last hour. I dont know much about it, I might do a character turn around and story for this thing later on, but I think I do this because of my A D D. lol. Anyhoot here's more poop.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colepoopface For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Gas Mask update. Karla hates it when i do gas masks for some reason. You guys might know her as Iconophobian here on concept art.

Thanks
    nice work man,gonna visit your site soon to check out more art!

Thanks
    yeah Icon, when you mentioned Karla before thats the first person that popped up in my head.

Updates looking mad sick Cole, but buddy (left forearm is it now?) still has that wonky perspective. I think its the way you positioned the hand, and the size of the hand in general. Tell ya what, paint a green blob over it, and repaint it larger in a different position. Telling ya man, you'll thank me

Thanks
    man! really cool stuff, love the designs, great renderings too, looks kinda like Oil, love the stuff on ur website too, esp the dragon thuingy on the frontpage

Thanks
    lol, I know coinpurse, I just havent repainted it yet. Its definetly been noticed though. I do that a lot with heads as well...usually i make them way to small.

Thanks
    You are The Clit Commader. Sexy work man.

can't wait too see more step by step tutorials, to hopefully pick up something new.

cheers.
    C&C welcome
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...=84532&page=10

'Iam what Iam' - Popeye The Sailor Man

Thanks
    could you please post a process of your paint? im a little confused.. i looked at the last one and it seemed to jump steps.. i love the way you draw and want to recreate that style. any possible way you could teach me how its done?

Thanks
    Thanks very much for the compliments guys. I have always wanted to be the clit commander, I have been a clit captain for way to long.

I'm sorry if my process shots dont explain a lot. I dont know how to do the whole video record thing or I would do that. I'm glad that you like my style though. I will try my best in the next couple step shots to see if I can explain whats going on with my brain and such. But basically I paint in a pretty traditional way even though im using digital, which is wierd cause I just started painting with oils only about a month ago. I am self taught, so all my knowledge has come from traditional art books so that probably has a lot to do with it.

To answer your question Reject-D, of course! If anyone likes the way I paint and wants to learn anything about my process I would love to share it. I will try my best to explain and share what I know. You can also email me at eastburnart@yahoo.com if anyone would like. Anyhoot, im just waking up so I should have some more sketches and such up later today. Here are some sketches from a couple months ago though, I hate not to have something to post. One is an alien operartor, and the other is some anatomy practice.

Cheers

Thanks
    5* and subscribed, loved your work since i saw that spiderheavydude on imaginefx some time ago.
    You painting process is very interesting, hope you'll share it soon

ciao!

Thanks
    Clit Commander, do you not use Yim? I added you. I'd like to talk about dumb shit, and about your art. That last update is kickin' major ass, i'm too jealous bwuahaha.

Say, your art reminds me alot of Paul Bonners work. Check it out here: http://www.paulbonner.net/

Thanks
    lol, shut the fuck up! lol thats like the best compliment ever. I am well aware of paul bonner, I actually got to work with him last month on the new magic card set, to which I sent out an email to all the artists working on it..."Paul Bonner is working on this set?....I have a bonner in my pants right now just thinking about it"

I am on aim, my screen name for anyone who would like to chat is creativegoomba. Feel free to IM whenever. But please dont be offended if I say I have to get back to work, I am not trying to be rude, I just have to get my work done, and being freelance I can get easily distracted with the little icon that says wow on my desktop.

I would say my major influences at the moment are Jim Murray, Paul Bonner, Greg Staples, and pretty much the art teams at blizzard, and the guild wars guys.

Here is an update on old gas masky.

Page 3 of 81 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast