Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tom's Sketchbook - Februari 6th - SneakSneak game

Name:  11.png
Views: 148
Size:  54.4 KB

*** GO TO THE LAST PAGES, THAT IS WHERE THE NEWEST STUFF APPEARS!***

Hi there everyone! After finishing a seminar Concept Art on school, my teachers Floris Didden and David Smit convinced me to start a sketchbook here on CA.org. So here are some scraps. Mostly are made in class or public transport. The best places to let your thoughts wander, I guess.

Tom's Sketchbook - Februari 6th - SneakSneak gameTom's Sketchbook - Februari 6th - SneakSneak gameTom's Sketchbook - Februari 6th - SneakSneak game

Tom's Sketchbook - Februari 6th - SneakSneak gameTom's Sketchbook - Februari 6th - SneakSneak game

Tom's Sketchbook - Februari 6th - SneakSneak gameTom's Sketchbook - Februari 6th - SneakSneak gameTom's Sketchbook - Februari 6th - SneakSneak game

Last edited by Tom van der Linden; February 6th, 2013 at 01:10 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello and welcome to CA! Manifest and unleash your creative insanity on us, yes? It looks like you know what you want and where you're going, enjoy the ride, and persevere

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks reika! It's still a long road, but nonetheless exciting. Have an update pretty soon

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

More sketches/studies

Some studies to lighting

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    interesting stile I look forword to seeing more of your stuff

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Tom's Sketchbook - Februari 6th - SneakSneak gameTom's Sketchbook - Februari 6th - SneakSneak game

hi there! Here's an update. Some doodles and lots of studies again. Sorry for the messy quality but many of these sketches are made very fast, because people are not going to sit still for ya, right? I'm going for proportions and the likeness of some drawings are a big bonus, hehe. And yeah, the last one contains a receit from the cafe where I was sitting in. Those were some expensive hot chocolats....

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for checking out my sketchbook.

You have some good stuff here yourself!

Thx again.

Best,

Chris

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Chris I've got a new update ahead, so watch out!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aha I've got ya! Good to see you started a sketchbook. You've got a good eye for design. You need to put more work in your perspective and construction. Now go watch those Vilppu videos!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HEy Tom!
    Nice work u have in here, i can definitely see ur gifted! keep going!
    I wonder where u followed that concept art minor, ur name sounds Dutch, is it on a dutch school? might be something i like

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ajvenema: Yeah, I'm Dutch, you got that right I followed the concept art minor on school, and it was great. Great people and great vibe. Thanks also for the comment! There's another update on the way! (I just keep saying that har har...)
    fantasyartist: Thanks for the comment man! I'll check your SB right away, although I've seen it today You're great at anatomy and technical stuff, I envy you! Received my email?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yep I got your email. I was wondering when are you going to post all the stuff we made during the concept art seminar? Maybe we can make a thread toghether. I still have to finish my final piece though.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sounds like a good idea, because Floris and co. didn't do it I'm gonna scan my new stuff tomorrow (tonight it's party time! - Amon Tobin) see you later!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ok I'll let you know when I'm done with my final concept so we can post them. I assume you want to work more on yours too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Major update!

Here are some more sketches from people in real life. Mostly of them of course made in public transport/trainstations etc. The brushpen is quickly becoming one of my fav tools. It's not rigid, but flows nicely. C&C are appreciated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice stuff tom. just post more. those hot choco's sure are expensive! its good you draw from life man... keep doing it as much as you can. aswell study anatomy so you can 'interpreteer' things better when drawing from life. good luck

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Teh Gosu: Thanks man, appreciate your comment I've got a large update on the way. Since the seminar I've been drawing people, and it's very addictive. Especially the brushpen forces me to work quick and use less details (which is sometimes a bad habit of me: adding unnecessary details).

Soon, after this week is past (beoordelingsweek!) I'm gonna study anatomy at a workshop (atelier). Still got a lot to learn!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Update! :)

Here are finally some updates again The first one is a poster I made for my school's exhibition day. I intended to make a more "general" game art poster, showing a process of how to create characters. I used Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash for this one. Finally some color in this SB, was getting bored with all the little sketches

After that are some thumbnails I made, one session for the poster and the other long one was a workshop I gave during the exhibition day. I wanted to show the people a method how to create an instant recognizable (robot) character. I made the long thumbnail session on with a special selfmade brush and on a Wacom Cintiq! It was awesome!

C&C are welcome of course!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Update!

Hey all, here are some more life sketches. Almost finished with my little blackbook... bound to buy new one!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey Tom, it makes me happy to see you started a sketchbook here.
    Keep producing and posting and you'll learn a lot. You worked hard during the seminar and it showed in your work. I like the brushpen people a lot. Keep it up!

/fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yo dude, ur still working hard and progressing! the brushpen stuff s getting better every post! where did u buy the freaking thing? im also from the netherlands, and i cant find it anywhere

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice job on those studies. I bought a little sketchbook specially for that too. It's time for you to start working on your perspective. It's holding you back right now. Haven't seen you at school lately. Are you hiding from me?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Pretty cool stuff, keep it up
    hup holland hup

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    like it

Sebastian

P.S.: er zitten hier trouwens veel hollanders vind je niet:p

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sebastian: Hahah holland is taking over! Haha, misschien kunnen we gewoon beter een Nederlands forum oprichten

Floris Thanks man, appreciate it. The seminar was a great kick in the ass and made me realise I was going nowhere. Now I draw everyday, learning about various things. Anatomy, light, color, you name it! When are we going to sketch together? And how's that "sucker" game coming along? Need some more testing?

Fantasyartist Dude, you're totally right. I'll have to learn more about perspective on the double. Don't you have any DVD's on that? Hahah And seriously, where are you at school? I have now two days off in the week, but if you want I can go to school at wednesday to play around with the Cintiq and meet up!

Grafguy Like u said, Holland FTW!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ajvenema Well, they are from the brand Faber Castell, called PITT artist pens. You can get them in black, sepia and "granite", which is almost black. You can find them in the better art shops near you! I don't like working with the black ones, they are too definitive. Sepia is more lush. Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Update!

Hi there! Here's another brushpen update People from public transport and Utrecht Central station mostly. A great place to see free models running around!

These are some of the last pages of my last blackbook. It's filled up and it's time to move to on. I already bought a new one which is a tad smaller (A6). Can't leave home without your blackbook!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Great work on those life studies as always. You should try to draw other subjects too like props and interesting pieces of architecture that you see on the way. I'll get myself some of those pens asap.Take a look at succesful drawing from Loomis to get started with perspective. The basics are very easy so it should take you only a day or two to digest. Then draw lots and lots of cubes from all angles and also from observation. That's how my drawing instructor at ID got us started. I'll take a look in my dvd collection to see what I've got for ya. Looking forward for more stuff.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Time for an update you lazy ass!! Did you check out the seminars already? There's one called story driven character design. I'm in for sure! Hope to see you around at school

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahaha hey Swendley, I wrote myself in for that seminar exactly at 23.00u! I didn't check anything else, it al sounded boring! So I'll see you next week, can't wait to work together again and learn lots of shizzle!

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.