Can anyone tell me what the drawing test in Art Fundamentals orientation consists of?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Can anyone tell me what the drawing test in Art Fundamentals orientation consists of?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Can anyone tell me what the drawing test in Art Fundamentals orientation consists of?

At Seneca that is, I would've put it in the title but it wouldn't fit. I also applied for the Visual and Digital Arts at Humber: are there any admission tests for that?

Its two weeks from now for me, and I'm incredibly nervous considering how I haven't had drawn in over two years. I applied for this in hopes of fixing up a portfolio for myself,to start drawing again, and hopefully ending up in digital arts. So can anyone shed some light?

Last edited by arreat89; February 15th, 2008 at 12:33 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi.

I'm curious..are you sure there's a drawing test for art fundamentals?

I've never heard of that before..

I know there's a drawing test at the animation orientation.

If it's for the animation orientation, there have been in the past 2 drawings to make at the orientation for their drawing test.

1. drawing of your hand

2. perspective drawing

Hope that helps.

Good luck.

Gerard Sternik

Animation Portfolio Workshop

http://www.portfolioworkshop.com/

Last edited by Gerard Sternik; February 15th, 2008 at 01:09 PM. Reason: edit text

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You...haven't drawn in over two yrs but are applying to art school? You think maybe one should come before the other? You've got two weeks, I suggest drawing a ton of still life, human gestures and architecture b/c that's what would make up just about any test on drawing.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirana View Post
    You...haven't drawn in over two yrs but are applying to art school? You think maybe one should come before the other? You've got two weeks, I suggest drawing a ton of still life, human gestures and architecture b/c that's what would make up just about any test on drawing.
    Yeah, I was gonna do web design, but when I took computer science in high school I hated it. So, I decided to try something like graphic design, but I don't really have a portfolio so I decided to apply for Art Fundamentals, that and my drawing skills are quite rusty. I thought the whole program was learning to improve your drawing skills as well as other art skills

Last edited by arreat89; February 25th, 2008 at 01:05 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, i just mean that I wouldn't go to art school if I wasn't passionate about art already. Lucky for you, there isn't as much drawing in most graphic design programs.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, i just mean that I wouldn't go to art school if I wasn't passionate about art already. Lucky for you, there isn't as much drawing in most graphic design programs.
    I see what you mean. I don't know what I want to do honestly, I'm taking this course because I used to love to draw (I'm not saying I don't like it anymore, its just my other hobbies kind of took over) and looking at all the other college programs this seems to be the one I'm most interested in. Have you taken Art Fundamentals?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've never heard of "Art Fundamentals" before, but it sounds basic. Is this a test to get in, or a test to see what level you're at (used by the profs)?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've never heard of "Art Fundamentals" before, but it sounds basic. Is this a test to get in, or a test to see what level you're at (used by the profs)?
    A test to get in I believe, considering how my program is oversubscribed

Members who have read this thread: 4