New Here - How Can I improve ?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: New Here - How Can I improve ?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation New Here - How Can I improve ?

Hi alll ...
    this is my first post here ...
    it's been a long time since i last touched a pencil ...
    now i'm back as of yesterday ...

these are two of my best drawings i've ever made until now i guess :

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6...tpicho9ce1.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2...tboardxax4.jpg

How can i get improved ? i dunno what am i missing ... i feel that i'm lost and frustrated , i like many many art styles want to learn all Anime , Caricature , ... many many others - which is impossible for sure - ... but i feel that i haven't lost my way of drawing - my style which is used in the above pics - and my level is still kinda the same i guess which is good after a long long break.

i'll be 17 Next month btw ...

so could you - artists - tell me how did you get improved over the time ? any strategies ?

thanks in-advance

Last edited by eXhausted247; February 14th, 2008 at 07:18 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I recognize from myself (before, now, and probably in the future) what you say about wanting to do all those styles. When I look at manga / anime style, I think: "Oh man, I wanna do that, too!!" Luckily for me, my natural style leans a bit towards manga / anime. It's not the same, but I often notice some traits are similar, like eyes and mouth.
    Then, I see this incredibly realistic portrait or nude study in oils. And there's that thought again: "Ooh, I wanna do that, too!!" lol And so I try it... That's more difficult...

To tell you the truth, I think a person who excel in several different styles is better off than someone who stick to one single style and gets incredibly Master in that technique. Both are very good, but you get a better range of techniques if you ever wish to work as an illustrator. I guess that's good. I think that whenever you get inspired by a certain style, try it yourself! It won't alter your own style, but simply widen your range of available styles. Might come in handy, and it's fun as well. Be certain that your personal style will shine through no matter which style you choose.

About these two drawings you posted, tehy are very good. There's a lot of caricature in these, and I'd say the colours you choose give them a slightly sombre feeling. What else do you have for show? Try drawing from several different angles.
    If you feel you've fastened, try doing some quick and loose sketches. That will help free your tense grip on the pencil and loosen up your imagination.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with janeM see some work`s of Artists here and youre good to go...sketch after sketch is what we gata do

Choose to live a life that matters.

* My sketch book : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=117461

**My finished work : http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...38#post1632938
    O.K now let`s ROCK

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks alot for the replies ...
    yes i agree that sketches help improving alot ... instead of focusing on doing 100% complete artworks , doodles and scratching with pencil is a quick way to get improved more ... thnx again xD

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.