LMS3: Round Two | Matches Announced!

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: LMS3: Round Two | Matches Announced!

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

LMS3: Round Two | Matches Announced!

Last Man Standing 3 | Round Two

The complete listing of LMS3 Round Two matches can be found here:
    http://www.lastmanart.com/lms3/round02

Deadline: 11:59pm PST - Saturday, April 12th 2008
    Topic: Outbreak

The topic, as always, is completely open to interpretation, allowing for you to visualize your concept through any subject matter you deem fit. This is an illustration-based contest, and you will be expected to turn in a completed piece that stands on its own without the aid of a description. Both traditional and digital mediums can be used, but the majority of your piece must be painted/drawn with little use of photography and 3D modeling.

Round Breakdown (links to discussion threads):
    • Round 1 - 360 competitors in 72 matches of 5 / 72 advance
      Entry threads / Matches 1-24 / 25-48 / 49-72
    • Round 2 - 72 competitors in 18 matches of 4 / 18 advance
      Entry thread / Matches 1-18
    • Round 3 - 18 competitors in 6 matches of 3 / 6 advance
    • Final Round - 6 men enter, one man leaves...

Submitting your entry: All entries are expected to be saved at web resolution and at a reasonable size (try to keep the width under 1000px, less than 450k). If you send me a huge piece, I will Save for Web at a smaller resolution resulting in a finished product that may not appear as you intended. Do that yourself if you care!

Submit your entries to hello [a t] lastmanart [d o t] com, with the subject Round One Entry: Your Conceptart.org User Name. Name your file match#_yourusername_round2.jpg. If you can host it on your web space instead of attaching it to the email, I'd appreciate it. Don't post your entries until the final day! You can show a few people you trust for comments, obviously, but we want the final post to come as one big unveiling. Don't screw it up or I'll CUT you.

Judging: Every round will be judged by an incredibly talented group of judges... the list is still being finalized, but it will be a relatively static panel throughout the competition. Each piece will be judged based on technical execution, creativity in the interpretation of the topic, and overall impact. All judges decisions are final. No whining!

Judging Panel:
    Aleksi Briclot
    Rob Carney
    Dan Dos Santos
    Irene Gallo
    Jon Foster
    Gregory Manchess
    JS Rossbach

Puss Outs: If you drop out of the competition without an extremely valid excuse and without plenty of time before the deadline for me to place in a substitute, you are officially a puss out. You will be black-listed from the next Last Man Standing competition and subject to ridicule. In short, tell me now if you plan on being a puss or face the consequences.

Round Two is on! Eat souls, crush dreams, etc. Let's have another impressive round, folks.

Advancing to Round Three:

1. flaptraps
    2. Hurricane
    3. viag
    4. fedezz
    5. Baron Impossible
    6. wassermelone
    7. Sept13
    8. Ben Mauro
    9. Cicinimo
    10. Tamte
    11. Jason Chan
    12. fvallejo
    13. M.C. Barrett
    14. bumskee
    15. SprayNation
    16. bluefooted
    17. thom
    18. steak-tron

Finally Finished thread:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=123827

Last edited by strych9ine; May 12th, 2008 at 03:34 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strych9ine For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1