Page 26 of 115 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: A sketch A Day

Thanks
    @ Munkes: Nice piece, I like it a lot. I also like your pencil skills - if it is pencil. Did you do it analogue or digitally? I think the way the shape dissolves into the white negative space is pretty well done, as is the reflection in the goggles. The only crit I have, is that it could have used some more contrast, in some places.

Regarding the apple study: Yes I know about the contrast thing - and yes its hard to see on the monitor outside. on top of that its one of my main weaknesses. I even adjusted the contrast after I went inside, but decided not to work on it any more.

@ Tabu: Where are you buddy? Please don't tell me that you have been scared away by our new, and talented member =) You gotta draw, and you know it!

Heres for the last two days:

The first is a flurry of 30 second poses from Posemaniacs - that site is fecking awesome! I have to make a visit there part of my daily routine.

The second is the next step in the viking design process. I have selected some of the thumbnails from earlier, and tried to detail them some more. Damn I am not half the artist robogabo is, and all the time I was looking at his stuff, and getting frustrated that I suck in comparison, haha. Again my value problem is evident, and I fiddled around with small details, that you can't even see in the finished drawings.
    I wanted to obtain a more painterly look, like the ones he made - but its really hard and took a long time, just getting this result.

Oh well please comment guys, and help me choose which one to take to the next step.

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Genius_Malignus; August 10th, 2008 at 04:48 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    @ Genius Malignus: Thanks! I drew it with a regular pencil.
    I'm pretty impressed with your last post. I'm too slow to finish most of the poses from posemaniacs, which frustrates me.
    Your thumbnails have evolved very well also. Yeah, robogabo has probably done his with less effort, but I think you got a great result too! My favourite is C5. I think that's the most original one, and the pose is great! Not stiff at all.

Today I was testing a few things I read about in ImagineFX recently. To begin with it was just the mouth, but then I tried to give the face some expression as well. It still needs a lot of work. I'm not happy about the eyes; somehow they don't belong there. It also needs more balance and contrast.

Tomorrow I'm going to Stockholm again. Hopefully I'll find some time to sketch a little, but I'm probably not going to upload anything for the next 4 days.
    See you all soon (:

Thanks
    I like your 30 sec sketches. Well done. I'm much slower sadly.

PS: dig those earings munkes.
    PPS: RoboGabo is pretty great, so I appreciate the link :U

Thanks
    Thanks for the link Greywoods.. Did some 30 sec instacroquis this evening... tomorrow I will upload the drawings from the last few days

Thanks
    @ Tabu: Those 30 sec sketches are really good!

Today I got a bit further with the Aztec lady (or whatever she is). I think the face is much better now, she looks much more pathetic haha. I guess there are still quite a few flaws, I just can't see them right now.
    I don't like the background. Didn't really know what to do with it. Well, it's just an exercise, so I probably shouldn't worry about it (:

Last edited by munkes; August 15th, 2008 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks
    Todays sketches. I got the new Flight comic : D They're always great. Was inspired by Regan Lodge to use these brush preferences and actually make something that looks sketchy. He does it much better of course.
    The knight doesn't look nearly as cool as I wanted him to, and I think the brush was too large on him.

Thanks
    Havent posted for a while... This time I promise I will upload all the scetches I did in my book.. for some reason I have a really hard time getting the scanner out for business theese days

Todays is a quick scetch on top of a printscreen of a level I am currently working on, to get a feel on what direction its gooing.

Thanks
    Hay cool work here man!
    really diging the last couple of posts

keep up the good work mate!

matt,

:
    In the absence of light, dark will prevail.

see my NEW sketchbook[UPDATED] http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=123027
    Trained by...
    http://www.thedrawingstudio.co.nz/

Thanks
    @ Tabu: Great to have you back! I was starting to feel a bit lonely in here.
    I'm not any good with 3d (yet), so I'm probably not very qualified at commenting on your latest piece, but I think it looks very good! I really like the water under the bridge, but it seems like it doesn't have much to do with the waterfall. I mean, the waterfall seems too bright and blue. It looks like it's two different rivers. But again, I have very little understanding of 3d water.

@ JailHouseRock: Thanks! We're actually 3 people collaborating on this thread at the moment. I'm glad you like our stuff (:

I'm having doubts about how healthy it is experimenting as much as I do with so many different styles. I mean... Artists should make things people recognize as that certain persons art. Anyway, here's my sketch for today - another style experiment... A femme fatale. I like the face (most of it), but the body is a bit too small and cartoony.

EDIT: Ok, it actually sucks. This is about as half-assed as it can be. I think the only decent thing about it is the shading of the nose.

Last edited by munkes; August 19th, 2008 at 04:55 AM.

Thanks
    Ever tried mudbox? Or any other organic 3d program, tabu?

Thanks
    From posemaniacs. I'm too slow...

Thanks
    Ok, I got it together, and scanned a few papers in that I had lying around for a few days ("hrmph" ok.. weeks) Gotta be more stable... I promise, I promise!

Thanks for the comments. The Water, definatly looks to "clean" and blue compared to the rest cant belive I dident see that... And, I found out, that I have it the same problems with trees that I have on hair.. for some reason I can't draw it?

I got alot of texturing scetches from the last week or so... but I guess that dosent count, haha

@Grewoods: Yes, I tried both Mudbox and Zbrush... only fiddled with it tho. the 3D is made in UnrealEd, and I painted on top of it to get a better visual feel for it. Currently I use Modo and Maya for modeling, hopefully soon I will start working with Zbrush to make some kick ass normal maps

Last edited by Tabu; August 20th, 2008 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks
    @ Tabu: I think you did a good job on those sketches. I especially like the one with the helmet!

I haven't been very inspired lately, so most of what I do is half assed and crappy. Hopefully I'll start uploading more interesting stuff soon.

Page 26 of 115 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 76 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.