Brush stroke while holding Shift issue.

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Brush stroke while holding Shift issue.

so i've had this issue ever since i started using photoshop, and it hasn't really affected me until now. i'm beginning to do more technical concepts based on machinery, and i want to be able to quickly do a series of straight lines using shift and making a line with the brush tool. the first time it makes a straight line ( horizontal or vertical ) just fine. but, when i try to make a second one it connects the two lines with a line that i didn't intend. the only way i can get it to not do this is make a straight line, then switch my tool, then go back to the brush tool and make another line. this is really time consuming when i need to do alot of straight lines in a row without necessarily connecting them. i'm just not sure how to change this. anybody help?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The shift key is kind of pulling double duty, it can constrain your stroke to either the horizontal or vertical, which is what you want I think, but it can also be used to connect two points without dragging your pen or mouse. To make it NOT connect two points after your first stroke you just need to release the shift key, click the canvas again (where you want your next line to start), and then press the shift key again before you start dragging. click, hold shift, drag, release shift, and repeat.

Hope that helps.

Edit for added clarity: If you hold shift BEFORE you click the canvas it will always try to connect to the last line with a straight line.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yes, that does help. i am always holding shift first, so that's probably it. thank you much, my friend!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Glad I could help.

Members who have read this thread: 1