Sketchbook: Eux SketchBook Take 2

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Eux SketchBook Take 2

Well here I go again I stumbled upon this wonderfull source of insperation a few years ago but for some reason I forgot about it and let it run away from me. probabely due to time issues. But I have at least tried to keep doing Art and hopefully there has been some improvement. But instead of adding a second post to an 3 years old sketch book I decided to start a new.

I have been lurking around here a bit lately and thought it was time to try to become an active member again. I work with software engineerign so doing art is sadly strictly a part time hobby of mine but one I enjoys immensely but I am sorely lacking in sadly. But hopefully In this sketchbook I will be able to make a journey to at least a descent skill level

Enough with the talking Here comes the art I have been doing these last two weeks.

Attached Images Attached Images          
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi there, the 2nd to last one is the best, looks very familiar though.

Also the musculature on the guy with the knee down looks great, refining the shading would take you up a level. One thing to watch out for is the harsh outlines because by your shading it seems you're going for realistic look. In the real world the lines do not exist. This is why it's best to spread some shading outside of the figure to have a base gray and lit areas you'll go from gray to white and no black line in between. Hope this makes sense and is helpful. Good luck and welcome once again!

Niva's Links: Sketchbook | Eternal Seven Website
    Doomsday Dream Clan Artists: Clanlord | Headhunter
    Team CHOW III: Doomsday Dream Clan

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep up the studies and keep posting!

I'm only 15 and would like some comments/critiques/tips so CHECK OUT MY SKETCHBOOK! Please =] http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117399

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for commenting I see what you mean with the lines n1va And i try to do that for my more finished pieced but maybe i should look about doing ti also for my sketches. I just gotta learn to not be so rough on the pencils. And the reason the picture feels familiar is probabely because you have seen the original photo sometime.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well I have been quite lazy I belive. I wanted to wait with uploading until I could make a larger uppdated but I havn't made much more than doodels except for this one so here we go this was a realtively long study of the face. (around 1.5 hour I belive)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hey there, i like that your not scared of tackling the hands and feet and some of the harder perspectives (somthing that i`m still struggling with), its good stuff keep it up, and thanks for looking in on my sketchbook

Germany. Egad, the communists are gaining popularity over here!
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wassup man xD I see you work like me. Gots no time to make the head pretty if you're working on the body xD High five man xD

The last one looks pretty good, but I think her lips are curving up way too high xD And unless he's a power body builder her shoulder will never rise like that xD If you're going to shade then practice on it and go all the way to pure black and not the wishy washy in-betweens that every single person at sometime in their life get stuck on xD

Cheers man! And happy drawing, never let the passion go

Like Hiding the Daylight from the Sun.

Like trying to save the Icecube from the cold.

Group sketchbook. You're welcome to join!
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...31#post2438431

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wanski: Thanks. I am really scared of the hands and feet and I try to avoid them whenever I can but in the end you just gotta bite the bullet and make something there. I guess I should just do alot of hand studies :/

Soulbeaver : Well I guess I'm kinda think like the body is so much larger than the face so that I should focus on it. I started workign this way when I made loads of short gestures with no time for the face and When Burne hogarth said the torse is the center of the figure it really really clicked for me But you are so right I really got to push my shading alot more. Been doign studies of Loomis drawings to learn that from him. It's just that when it goes so dark it feels so Final

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    post moar!
    working from loomis is a good idea, although watch those proportions - legs on the last guy are getting short. if you haven't yet, get an atlas of human anatomy for the artist by stephen peck.
    http://www.amazon.com/Atlas-Anatomy-.../dp/0195000528
    there's some great breakdowns of the figure there that show the landmarks to check proportions against.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 636 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Can only double, Yutani, more stuff! The more you practice, the faster you improve.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is weird I could have sworn I made a post here 2 days ago with these pictures but it seems to be missing for some reasons.

Yutani : I will definitely draw more and more. It feels like these studies are really helping with finding ways to representing what I see. And thanks alot for spottign that leg issue I can't belive how I missed that and even worse I was doing the same misstake on the next image I was working on. Thanks to your feedback I managed to catch it in time. I guess I really need to step back and watch the big picture sometimes.

AlpenPfleger : Thanks I will keep trying.

Here are two more studies from loomis. Next up I will try to make a study from a photo instead of having all the decisions made for me and see what I have learned from all this. I do draw from life too but I can't post those images here :/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Keep up the loomis studies man, but how come you're neglecting the actual construction part of the loomis books? or have you already completed them? If you want to improve your sight, use posemaniacs, it'll help a lot for 2d and life drawings and allow you to dish out studies quicker.

Sketchbook
    DeviantArt

Available for freelance
    Email: ambientchroma [at] gmail.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    How have you been studying Loomis? I think the best way to learn from his books (and especially from the figure drawing book) is to observe and carefully study every single drawing in the book, from the beginning to the end. As he explains the construction of the figure in simplification at first and then moves to more detailed drawings. If something feels too overwhelming then you can leave yourself a note and come back for the problem later. You probably won't learn as much by taking bites from here and there... That having said, treat Everything in simplification (rib cage, pelvis etc.) so they'll become easier to remember and to construct.
    Keep it up dude(tte?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nice studies here - not sure if its the pics themselves but the tone work seems a little flat - do U use more than one type of pencil, 2b 4b etc. ? Might help if not

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I agree with others - Loomis is great for studying, helped me a lot too.
    Keep up all the good work

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Etherrain: I am ignoring the construction parts partially sicne I did quite abit of them some time ago and also because i find "The Structure of Man" As a much much better tutor on those parts.

What I wanted to gain from loomis with these studies was his sense and abillity to simplify shapes and shadows cause in my own sketches i tried to draw everything with really bad results.

So this wasent a straigth study of his books but rather a study of his simplification of shadow shapes.

Anyway since i did that I have been hard at work on Jonathan hardesty Bargue course and picked up alot of stuff way more efficiently than I would have if I just keep copying loomis to learn so in the end all have worke dout for me.

Anyway here coems the pictures I have doen since then first a failed attempt at using simplet shapes and forms after the loomis exercises. And then my first bargue from the course. And then my ala prima bargue.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.