Full Screen in Painter

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Angry Full Screen in Painter

In Photoshop and Illustrator, pressing "F" (without the type tool or editing a type layer active of course) twice and then "Tab" takes you to a fullscreen mode with no palettes or windows. Just the tool you select and whatever palette you hotkey into view for working purposes. In Painter, pressing "Ctrl-M" takes you to a windowed fullscreen that still shows menu options. In a way, this annoys me, I use Painter as my program of choice because of it's natural media look and feel and the weight savings achieved by not having to lug 30-50 extra pounds of art supplies and materials in checked baggage on international flights. When using Painter, I would also like to have a full screen devoted to just the artwork and the tool being used at the moment, it just seems to me that being billed as the industry standard program of choice for the creative execution of digital art from scratch (and also being that it's on Version 10), the programmers would have put this in by now, it's 2008, wake up. I love Painter, but I want my windowless fullscreen as described. Patch it.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Humm, when i hit "tab" in my Painter 9.5 the pallettes will disappear - except for the Menu bar (file, edit canvas...).

Maybe you should have a look at your key-configuration.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yea same here. I use Painter X with patch. Press tab and all goes away, all except the menu bar as IronCalf says.

Chris

Work hard, anything is possible. I know, I know, it’s a very cheesy response but it’s true. Hard work and dedication is the key to reach your dreams. -Bjørn Hurri

Website
    CA Sketchbook
    Facebook Page

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the replies fellas, I'm aware of the tab function. What I'm referring to is a fullscreen with no menu bar, no minimize, maximize or exit buttons, Just the tool you're immediately working with and whatever palettes you tab or hotkey in. I'm using Windows XP. Anybody care to upload a shot of what fullscreen looks like on the Mac?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.