RPG Illustrations (Repost)

View testimonialsView Artwork
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

RPG Illustrations (Repost)

Originally posted by BASTION:
    just wondering if anyone could post links to RPG companies that they know are hiring freelance artists as I would like to try and get some work in that field.

If you have had any experience with the companies I would also like to hear about it, and any other information regarding this such as going rates, usual length of deadlines etc.

thanks

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by KingOfChaos:
    I happen to be the owner of such a company Realms of Evil Games, specializing in terrorizing the RPG community with books of villainous evil and scum.

Most RPG companies pay on a per illustration basis...I have never heard of any of them giving royalities of books sold.

I posted an ad for artists in the Looking for Work forum I believe, if you're interested in helping RoE Games out, you can look there. We may not be able to pay you much (as we are small and just starting), but you have to get your foot in the door somewhere right?

Deadlines: That depends on when you are hired actually. If you walk into a job when it's half over, you can expect the deadline to be shorter than normal. However, many companies plan to put out books several years in advance and take that amount of time to write, edit, and illustrate their books before publishing. Deadlines are usually pretty long and many artists work for more than one company at a time to keep busy during that time.

The best place to find RPG companies would be at EN World ( http://www.enworld.org ) as most of the company heads post there themselves. I am sure you could get a job doing something by posting there.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.