Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Aww, dude you are getting so much better! COLOURS WOOT. I really love that last environment concept by the way.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    shamandalie - thanks

Very quick color sketch...
    Name:  wtf.jpg
Views: 1668
Size:  129.7 KB

Thanks
    Amazing sketchbook. It makes me want to start one for learning to do digital.

"It's all about the triumph of intellect and romance, over brute force and cynicism." Craig Ferguson on Dr. Who
    sketchbook :: my dA gallery :: my art blog :: old sketchbook

Thanks
    Very good, I love it. I love the colors and the strokes you use. Its inspiring.

Algenpfleger is right, just based on this page alone you deserve 5 stars.

I'd love to see the process you go through for a piece like the one you did after breakfast and the hour long experiment in painter.

Max Martelli
    Illustration/Fine Art
    max@maxmartelli.com
    http://www.maxmartelli.com

Thanks
    Aww, dude you're awesome! Love the colours. You should finish it.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,847 Times in 636 Posts
    Awwww damn it man! Your brushwork is getting better every freaking day. The last one is completely awesome. Hmmmm what about rendering one of these out? No wait, that's what people always told me to do =_0

Thanks
    super cool updates! *5 bling blings*

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    I kept your SB for some special ocassion... and today I really needed something nice to look at... and there are surprising facts. you started to draw not long ago and are still learning the basics... but the pictures in the RPG topic were so unbelievably GREAT... sketches, but what sketches! I rarely meet so enjoyable pictures...
    and you leave now... we'll miss you. who will draw Gaylors for us? but you'll be back one time, right? and that time Ahnem Mee and me will be better for me it won't be too difficult, being a beginner...
    [or these are modern times and you'll have not only time for drawing, but Net too sometimes? I dunno about such things]

your pictures have lovely textures, colors and some charm that isn't very common... I especially like your environments, but I'm extremely tired now and can't find the words...

Last edited by shiNIN; September 11th, 2008 at 02:09 PM.

Thanks
    Dito to the above ^
    'Xcept Gaylors are nice, but commander Binky's are better! Gaylor might be an elder evil; he's just standing around - Binky's a man (cyborg?) of action!

Anywho anyhow anyway, if you still find you need practice, and you're still doing Loomis, how about some outlandish, say energetic pose or daring angle for your character studies? I like what I see so far (that's an uderstatement), but I'm not seeing a lot of those.
    You've got a great sense of color, you have sweet brushstrokes, you know composition - this is the only thing I could think of right now.

Continue the critique at Deviant Art

Thanks
    Asatira - Thanks
    Max Martelli - I didnt save the process for the breakfast one, but I have the initial sketch for the other, i dont usually paint like this, but i started with a texture to form the initial composition in this one, and the idea popped into my head. I dont have the stages between this and the final though, this was an auto-generated backup file.
    Name:  iskt.jpg
Views: 1538
Size:  120.3 KB
    I'll to save pics of my process in the future if anyone really wants to know...
    xinleh - thanks! I might try to fix it one of these days...
    algenpfleger - danke - really dont like the last one though, i have no idea what it even is. I think its a man with a seashell for a head.
    zweiDee - thanks, appreciate it.
    shiNIN - Thanks for dropping by Yes, if time allows i'll give you guys another silly update, i was there some time ago and i saw the improvement in the work you guys are doing already, keep it up man! That thread is hilarious.
    Ahnem Mee - ROFL, I've been planning to do more complex poses for my figures, right now i'm still working out the kinks and getting a firmer grasp of anatomy. Thanks, you're wrong about composition though, i know jack shit about composition.

A quick speedpainting in painter for today, the sun was rising and i didn't have time to do anything more finished....
    Name:  teutonic.jpg
Views: 1534
Size:  112.5 KB

Thanks
    Your productivitynessessityblabla scares me. The sun was rising?! You really don't sleep do you?

See I like to nitpick on the colours I don't know why... I feel that the speed paints would work better if there were some contrast to make them 'pop' more Right now they feel a little flat. But I'm v envious of your brush strokes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 996 Posts
    I came again, yesterday I was too tired and could't tell everything I wished to

I'm sitting here, watching your last lovely piece and wonder... did you always made beautiful strokes so easily? your pieces show no sign about any struggle, it's so enviable . is it the power of talent?

anyway, I will love to see you improving, if this is the beginning, your full-fledged works must be a real joy to look at...

I agree with Ahnem Mee and some others about dynamic poses, but I know it requires time, you'll master that too. even I will

Last edited by shiNIN; September 12th, 2008 at 04:04 AM.

Thanks
    pretty nice SB keep it up.

here's my DA account. S
    http://merlkir.deviantart.com

and here's my sketchbook! check me out if you like concepts of soldiers and warriors of all sorts.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=90214

Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.