Currently residing in Michigan, but I have Maine maple syrup running through my veins.
    Thanks

First time post, long time forum browser. Zombies, Batman, Joker, and Friends

Alright so I've been browsing these forums for a long time, and I never posted my own work. I work a lot, and most of the art that I do is in my sketchbook. I've been trying to get better at painting, since that's a great way to get a better grasp of color theory and all that juicy goodness. Most of the time, I don't feel like finishing a painting. I like to get part of the way done and then stop. I'm more interested in the learning process than actually having a product to show for it.

Here are a few things that I wanted some feedback on. Be honest, be brutal, be constructive.

This, I did in Photoshop whilst enjoying a slow day at work. It took me about four hours, give or take. I prefer using Painter over Photoshop, but I don't have Painter licensed on my desktop at work. This was a unique challenge, using Photoshop instead of Painter, but I'm rather proud of the results.

First time post, long time forum browser.  Zombies, Batman, Joker, and Friends

Here's a portrait of my pal, Clay. It was done in Painter. I realize there are some faults in the painting, but it was fun, and I'd like feedback nonetheless

Here's a color study i did of Batman. Painter again, 30 minutes.

Another quickie of Batman done in Painter. This took a few hours. I wanted to polish it up, but I feel like every time I refine something, I loose a lot of the dynamic energy you get with something that's rougher and energetic (redundant?)

Here's the Joker, circa The Dark Knight Returns. I like the idea of an old Joker, and I saw a picture of Clint Eastwood that I felt captured the look I imagined.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    What exactly are you wanting crits on here? There're multiple images posted that seem to have different goals and different styles, which makes it hard for us to give you any sort of meaningful feedback.

Additionally this kind of post is more suited for your very own thread in the sketchbook section.

Be sure to comment in other peoples sketchbooks often if you want yours to get any attention, otherwise it's only going to get lost in the ocean of sketchbook threads here at CA.

Good luck!
    Sepulverture's Sketchbook Page 1 Page 19
    Sepulvertures Extended Studies Page 1
    page 2

Tutorials Tips and Tricks needs you to stay alive!"

Currently residing in Michigan, but I have Maine maple syrup running through my veins.
    Thanks

Yikes

My bad. I posted a sketchbook in the wrong section. Your advice is noted and appreciated.