Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks

To Infinity and Beyond

Welcome to my sketchbook,

My name is Mathijs de Schipper and i am 17 years old. I am lurking this place for over 6 months now, today I finally found the courage to post here. The level of the artwork here is so high. I am currently in highschool and we are not getting much art lessons here, so everything is selfthought. I could make the most progress through reading comments in other sketchbooks and apply them on my work. I am working currently on my anatomy for my figure drawing and i love to do selfportraits

Mathijs//

Attached Images Attached Images                                    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    hey, great studies, looks like you are off to a good start. I'm loving the self portrait drawings. Keep it up!

Thanks
    It's a good and long standing tradition, learning from doing self-portraits. There's no better example than the great man himself, Rembrandt. He produced many of them. Your work shows great promise, Weavel. Keep it up : )

Thanks
    You've got a nice start and it looks like you are putting in the work. Keep up with those anatomy studies and you'll see great improvement!

Great start to an SB.

Thanks
    Wisteria thanks, i am doing these selfportraits for over a long time now and i always see some progress so it is easy for me to keep doing these, the progress keeps me motivated

Hethabyr Rebrandt's work is a real inspiration for me, i loved his work when i vistited het Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam.

BRINKMAN! Thanks, i have already done a lot of studies from Bridgeman and Loomis but it is never enough, i am going to concentrate me more on the feet, they are way behind on the rest.

And here are some drawings from today and yesterday. The figuredrawing is made with reference from characterdesigns.com. I also did a studie from Loomis and i revisited a portret i have done some months ago for a friend. It is looking way better now.

Thanks
    those studies are looking really nice! just keep at it man

Incessant Doodlings of a Wandering Mind (my sketchbook)
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=96904

"Avoidance of what you can't draw well doesn't stimulate growth." -Cory Trego-Erdner

"Only the mediocre are always at their best."-Jean Giraudoux

Thanks
    progress is good. i would suggest that you focus on the outline of the figure, and not the jibblets on the inside.

Thanks
    i like this a lot very nice definition

Thanks
    hey man, nice work. good to see peoples work of the same age. studies are looking great, i can see improvment after every drawing. keep it up!

Thanks
    swordmaster_g Thanks for the advice i really appreciate it, yeah sometimes i get lost in my own drawing and focus to much on the shades. But i have to keep it simple and focus more on the shape of the figure.

Ignominious, Glory666 It is nice to see other young people around here your works inspire me also to keep drawing and make the progres

Steven W.

Here are my drawing from today, i decided to do some studies of the foot because they always look like hoofs in my drawings. I did some studies from Bridgeman and some foots from Loomis but he keeps it a bit simple. And the last sketches are my happy feet....

Thanks
    My sketches from today

Again a selfportrait "en profil" this time, it was quite hard to get the portrait good looking. I have to practice more with en profil faces.
    And a figure drawing, this time i focused more on the outline then on the rendering and it went quite well.

And last but nog least my first digipaint ever, it took a lot of frustrated photoshop sessions but today i finally managed to get something decent out of my wacom tablet

Weavel//

Thanks
    Hello and welcome! I'm also 17, soon to be 18. It's good to see you're drawing a lot, you have some really nice studies here! I would say so far your forte is value, you have a very good understanding of that. However your line work seems to be a little tense and not very varied in pressure, it seems to be going at the same roughness all around your stuff try to keep some parts looser, i think it will help. The digi piece is good, tho i think a darker background would have helped emphasise the rest of the colors you used. Keep posting!

Thanks
    Nice work, I'm loving your figure studies. Keep it up man!

I'm only 15 and would like some comments/critiques/tips so CHECK OUT MY SKETCHBOOK! Please =] http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=117399

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.