Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    The head study looks pretty solid, except that the back of the head in profile is dipping too low. I notice you like to draw big noses too, so I'd like to see some that are normal-sized.

The twins have some problems. The hand on the staff is too big, and the wrist can't bend that far. Also, try making your legs parallel to your shoulders like the bottom guy...ouch. : ( It's hard to tell that they're connected-- it looks more like one standing behind the other, so I'd pick another point-of-view. I think their heads may be too small as well.

Also, Chewie's torso looks too short, as if he's sunken into his own hips.
    Last edited by eminkey2003; January 20th, 2009 at 06:19 PM.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Oranje Joe,Alm0st- Thanks guys! Consider my ego stroked
    eminkey2003- Thanks for the helpful input (as always!). I took some of your crits to heart and started over with a 3/4 view pose this time. It's still a rough sketch, but I think it's working better already!

The second go at Siamese Twins for this week's CHOW and some early sketchs for the twins.
    Other thing is a quick mock up for a mural I'm going to paint in a friend's house.

Thanks
    I really like the design of the twins, but the pose is very stiff. Your sketches look a little looser though. Keep it loose!

Thanks
    In that first siamese twins sketch the anatomy of the legs looks a bit strange, I think his legs are of different lenght (the one that is crouching). Nice sketches!

Thanks
    whoa, you've been productive! Keep it up. The groin-to-shoulder or head-from-groin twin connections made me laugh, but your flying chubby body slam man is my favorite from this last batch.

You might consider adding another layer/background to your bird-mural for some more depth.

Thanks
    eminkey2003- Thanks, you're right about the stiffness, but I think it has to stay for this one since I've taken it farther than the "able to re-pose" phase!
    Mumph- Thanks, yeah I scrapped that first one... as you said it wasn't working.
    crabbyclem-Thank you sir, and you are so very right about the mural... the area behind the playground thing need something.

Here's a quick little update. A doodle and a snapshot of where the twins are.

Thanks
    Doodles, doodles. I looked at some of Black Frog's comics and was inspired.

Thanks
    I really like that pigeon thing. It's kinda different that squiggle-vision
    I think it might be more pleasant

And I really really like Dr.Katz and Home Movies

Did you get some pics of those wheatpastes?

Thanks
    DeathChalupa- Unfortunately those pics, along with a lot of other shit went to the big hard drive in the sky when I was experiencing computer problems recently.

Here's a WIP for this week's CHOW: I'm not abandoning the twins, it's just that this week's topic is too fun to pass up.

Thanks
    Howdy! Great stuff throughout this sketchbook, but i'm extremely fascinated by the last few pieces you did with the ms paint spray can! That spray can has always given me guff, i should try it again though.

Yessir, keep up the awesome work!

Thanks
    AustenFM- Firstly: Thanks! Your work is dope as well. Secondly: I almost want to let you continue to believe the hype, but alas, I can't... those black and white pieces where made in PS. Simply set the layer to "dissolve" and viola.

Here's an update to my CHOW entry along with what I posted in the CHOW thread:

Did some work on mine... still very much a WIP. The Background needs lots of work, the idea is that there's going to be a trail of destruction on the left side and untouched buildings on the right.
    Also coming: Figuring out the warm natural lighting from the right. Also feet will be added to end the current cop-out!

Crits appreciated!

Thanks
    One more quick doodle:

Thanks
    pretty neat stuff in here, im definitely coming back!

Thanks
    Great doodles man! In the "naked man and dick moutain" you could try making the sky all black? and invert dick mountain. The Southpaw painting looks promising.

Thanks
    HA! "Barf" is top-nitch doodlin' That sort of reminds me of Travis Millard's work.

and I love the South Paw character. Keep 'em coming!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to super skoda For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 1