Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Vhan's Sketchbook.

Thanks
    hehe, yup, that's the same anatomy book. That book has some really well lit photos of male and female models so keep drawing from it. Maybe draw every single photo out of it, but first actually measure everything. It's slow and cumbersome, but it will help. It's the technical practice I'm just starting for myeself, actually.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Measure everything? I haven't treid that one yet, but I can see how that would help with gettting a little mental idea of porportions.

Lol, I'm going to be kepping up with you SB from now on, and try to work myself up into your level, or at least compare myself with you, anyway.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go study a few of your drawings, and compare them with mine

Thanks

Ok, more of a rant than anything here.

Ok, so I have recentley decited that I was actually going to [wow check this out...wait for it..!] Actually take some time on my pictures, step away from my "rapid studies" and try to see a idea out from start to finish...

Unfortuneitley, I'm a noob so that means that I am extremely slow at doing this, so bear with me (I'm talking days here) =gulp=

Maybe this way I can actually get some things in my SB that are actually WORTH looking at

So, I'll be drawing "ideas" now, instead of "things" and hopefully the end result will not give you the urge to rip your eyes out, drown in your own blood and send me packing to deviantart in discrase.

-Thank you so far & I hope to get some things started soon...even if it is rather slow...

Thanks
    Good start, by recomendations would be, as you said, take more time to do your drawings, and second, try to make them "cleaner". Almost every sketch is blurred, and I think it is whatever you are using to actually draw them. Stick with a good old thin pencil for your studies. For my sketches, I usually use a mechanical pencil, since I can get in fine details with them.

Thanks
    No, I'm useing a pencil with just about everything I draw, but when I scan them In I reduce them to e-mail size, and that always makes them look fuzzy.

I haven't figured out how to scan them im and keep the sharpness without going over the file limit...Because everything that you see is actually 8 by 11 inch paper. I just shrunk it down.

Thanks
    I'm in a little bit of a hybernation...not doing a whole lot of drawing...I have my reasons!

Thanks
    I have Been takeing time off, doing a lot of studies, just to explain why I havent posted anything lately, I want to make the second page a whole lot more impressive than my first!
    Last edited by Vhan Juju; April 30th, 2008 at 01:59 PM.

Thanks

Ok, working on color for the first time.

Allright, trying out my ability to paint, have to say its quite the learning experience. I proabley shouldn't have picked such a large subject to paint. I wonder if I'll ever get it finished! >.<

Thanks
    Whats up man.
    I hope the advice I gave you helped.
    Lookin good.

=================================
    Sketchbook
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=120761

Thanks
    Yea, it did! But, unfortunitley for you you didnt crit my two images up there, so I must hunt you down, and shoot you... lol

Thanks
    Ok, quality got knocked down, but I think this is were I'm going to keep this picture a while. I'll be doing some metal painting studies, and maybe some other stuff.

donalfall is offline The Cat's Deputy (POW! Moderator)
    donalfall (at) gmail.com
    Thanks
    The third best piece of advice I ever got (art related anyways) was: "Always give a head a convincing size and shape to show the skull underneath". Neither of these guys have a convincing head shape to make me think they have a human shaped skull. But the good news is that they're not far off. The proportions of the heads are just a little wack.

The guy in the grey shirt should have a sllightly higher skull-dome. People's eyes are situated half way between chin and top of head, so his are too high up for the skull he's been given. The guy in the blue shirt on the left should have a larger braincase behind his ear. It's too rounded in too sharply - Your ear is only a little bit more than half way back in real anatomy.

Hope that's some help, keep drawing. I'm looking forward to the metal paints...
    P.O.W.! - All the Comic Challenges you can handle

donalfall's sketchbook - page 14 | donalfall.com | galwaypubscrawl.com | facebook | twitter |

Thanks
    Ok, thanks for that, I tried really hard to get the skulls right, so I really appreciate your crit!!!
    This any better?
    Last edited by Vhan Juju; April 30th, 2008 at 04:16 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast