Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Nice start. However, while using references is great. Do NOT use them 'as much as possible.' Drawing from photos is a good substitute if you don't have access to much life drawing for one reason or another but you should always make room for drawing from your mind. Because at the end of the day, that's where your stuff will come from. Build your skills and memory with references, but these should only be to aid your drawings not to form them.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

O, ok, thanks for clearing that up!

thanks PG, will do. thanks for clearing that up for me.

Thanks
    Vhan, thought I'll stop by and help ya, First I'll start off saying I'll like you samurai. I see your focusing on you anatomy. But I see proportion problems you need to work on. Look at Riven Pheonix vid (seems like he took all his lesson down but you can purchase em). Think of the body in basic shapes, but always, ALWAYS, be aware of proportions when doing them. The more your aware of proportions the easier it comes to you. Also practice proportions using photos will help, be 100 percent aware of them. Using lines, use rulers if you have to. Then move on to gestures and life drawings.
    Good Luck!

Thanks
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Ok, thanks, Looks like I'll be working with static poses for a while...

Thanks
    OK, updates comeing soon, nothing too impressive, but enoughf to keep me going. I'm going to go ahdead and drop some of my modeling because when I get to collage I won't be useing lightwave, and I'm gonna have to figure out maya, so I'll be focusing on my drawing now!

Thanks
    Ok, some more of my random work. One page is just some random "goth" oriented things that I just drew to try and get myself more fammilliar with drawing without reference. Same with the wierd "tree house" thing. A charcoal study on male body musles, and that other really cool clean looking one of the samurai armor, yea, thats not mine origionally in case you cant tell i stole that from Soul Caliber

I'm also gonna pose a samurai I have been working on in the crit forum, so if you don't get enoughf criting me here tear me aprart there too!

Thanks
    I deleted this post because my resolution was all funky, so lol, work on it later.
    Last edited by Vhan Juju; May 7th, 2008 at 02:01 PM.

Thanks
    Hey there nice SB. Try and draw from this if you want to improve some anatomy and drawing the human body it has helped me alot http://www.posemaniacs.com/blog/pose/

Thanks
    Hate 'ta tell ya but somebody allready beat ya to that site lol, thanks tho!

Thanks
    Thanks for coming by my book. I have to disagree a little bit with Perin. When you're starting out, you should just focus on practicing good "seeing." Take time and just really examine your subject. Only after drawing a ton of poses and human anatomy this way will you eventually be able to draw from your mind - the ultimate goal.

But to get there you have to draw from ref, so use it would be my advice.

For an example of exceedingly good seeing - check out Emily G.'s book. Crazy.

Thanks
    Good "seeing" huh...Yea, I can see that, and my lack of it. BTW, when I was looking at you SB your second picture, the one of the woman. If you happend to get that out of an anatomy book, then we have the same one.

And my drawing of that woman, on the black paper in white pencil, I think THAT is the same picture, and we both drew it...so I can see some major differences in our ability to see...wow...thats awesome...

Edit: its actually the 5th picture, the one were you said "dog ate my SB" Lol.

Thanks
    hehe, yup, that's the same anatomy book. That book has some really well lit photos of male and female models so keep drawing from it. Maybe draw every single photo out of it, but first actually measure everything. It's slow and cumbersome, but it will help. It's the technical practice I'm just starting for myeself, actually.

Thanks
    Measure everything? I haven't treid that one yet, but I can see how that would help with gettting a little mental idea of porportions.

Lol, I'm going to be kepping up with you SB from now on, and try to work myself up into your level, or at least compare myself with you, anyway.

Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go study a few of your drawings, and compare them with mine

Thanks

Ok, more of a rant than anything here.

Ok, so I have recentley decited that I was actually going to [wow check this out...wait for it..!] Actually take some time on my pictures, step away from my "rapid studies" and try to see a idea out from start to finish...

Unfortuneitley, I'm a noob so that means that I am extremely slow at doing this, so bear with me (I'm talking days here) =gulp=

Maybe this way I can actually get some things in my SB that are actually WORTH looking at

So, I'll be drawing "ideas" now, instead of "things" and hopefully the end result will not give you the urge to rip your eyes out, drown in your own blood and send me packing to deviantart in discrase.

-Thank you so far & I hope to get some things started soon...even if it is rather slow...

Thanks
    Good start, by recomendations would be, as you said, take more time to do your drawings, and second, try to make them "cleaner". Almost every sketch is blurred, and I think it is whatever you are using to actually draw them. Stick with a good old thin pencil for your studies. For my sketches, I usually use a mechanical pencil, since I can get in fine details with them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast