Lighting Tutorials

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks

Lighting Tutorials

Hey all, I've been looking for some good lighting tutorials in regard to approaching lighting in painting/digital painting. This may be a stretch since so much is learned through traditional painting, but I was wondering if anyone has knowledge of good resources I can learn from, whether they be online or physical books, etc.?

I am at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco which will allow me some electives, however I would rather not wait.

Thank you for any information

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Red face Lighting In Photoshop

DONT KNOW ANYBOOK EXACTLY, WAT I USUALLY DO IS SEARCH 4 ONLINE TUTORIALS, I.E OPEN'EM IN I.EXPLORER & SAVE THE PAGES TO VIEW THEM AT A LATER TIME DURING PRACTICE. WAT I GET TO UNDERSTAND AS A FREELANCER IS DAT ALL YOU NEED IS THE BASICS. UR UNIQUE IDENTITY COMES WITH PRACTICE OTHERWISE U'LL JUST BE A COPYCAT. ANOTHER OPTION IS TO USE MY ULTIMATE TOOL..... "GOOGLE". TYPE UR SEARCH AND AT THE END TYPE "PDF" e.g. "photoshop lighting pdf". presto u get documents u cud print easily, sometimes TEXTBOOKS IF U'RE LUCKY. JUST KEEP CHANGING THE WORDS COS GOOGLE SEARCHES USING KEYWORDS. U CAN APPLY THIS TO ANYTHING. SO FO THATS WAT I KNOW. HOPE IT'LL BE HELPFULL

Thanks
    There are a few DVDs from that can help you.

Dylan Cole's Landscape Matte painting dvd gives you a lot of information on lighting and atmospheric perspective.

Although they aren't labeled as lighting videos, the matte painting ones offer a lot of good information.

Thanks
    Almost any of Ron Lemen's color tutorials are a good place to start to getting some ideas about form in light. Painting With Light and Dark is probably the first to check out.

Niklas Jansson wrote up a whole lot of great information right here about light in many situations including speculars and texture.
    These should at least get you started, Google and the tutorials/tricks section of this forum will be of great use to gather more.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ItsChoco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanks ItsChoco for the useful link and help. I learnt Some useful tips on lighting, shades and Color relativity.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,376 Times in 324 Posts

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.