question

Join 500,000+ artists on ConceptArt.Org.

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: question

Thanks

Question question

Hi everyone...I'm new here so bear with me

I was introduced to this forum thanks to the AWN Forums; this place is full of incredible talent! Anyway, I wondered if anyone knows how one becomes a concept artist for the video gaming industry. I have called a few companies and they said I had to know Maya and 3D Studio Max, but all I want to do is draw/design concepts for characters and such, not animate them. If anyone could help me out, that would be great...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Uhhhhh well basically, ur role is to draw paint whatever a concept of what the director whoever wants, to do so you need to be fast and creative as well as make your drawings seem beleivable and functional.......basically you dont need school to do this but, these jobs are rare and you have to be very good with art whether its painting, digital or whatever, you need to be able to know a wide range of things, perspective, color theory, rendering techniques and tons of stuff, it will take many years of hard work to get to a level where you would actually have a shot at this type of work, but those 3d positions are a great foot step in if you have those skills, so the only real advice is draw draw draw, and study. Look at the work of the pros on these forums, that should set good guidlines and show you the level of quality you want to achieve.

Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.