Are loans my only option?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Are loans my only option?

I want to attend g nomon school of visual effects but the school itself doesn't offer any scholarships. Also, I have looked around the net a bit for scholarships but it seems most of them are for students that are looking to go to certain accredited universities. G nomon is a career training program... in other words, you don't get a degree, you get a certificate.

Does anyone have any helpful advice for me? Where should I look? Do I basically have to settle for taking out $50k in student loans?

Thanks,
    -Life

EDIT: BTW, I have been out of highschool for 4 years... there seem to be alot for seniors in highschool... not so much for older people.

Last edited by LifeWontWait; February 3rd, 2008 at 01:58 AM.
    Sketchbook.

"Art is the proper task of life. "
    Friedrich Nietzsche
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hello,
    hey this problem is also related to me i am doing graduation in animation in india and i want to go in concept art means i need to go overseas studies and same or any other good carrer related school but they do not provide any degree program or masters and i cant not take any loan since i've already taken a loan for degree program. i also need a scholarship .

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    LifeWontWait, you might take a look at the Atelier-friendly scholarships and awards thread. I've been trying to collect info on scholarships that have very few restrictions and thus would be useful for students attending non-degreed programs. I don't have a ton of info collected so far, but it might give you some ideas.

himanimation, we have an International Students thread with some good links.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks a bunch emily! That thread is very helpful and although there isn't too many links right now I hope that we can add to it throughout the next few months. I will post anything I find there as well.

Thanks again!
    -Life

Sketchbook.

"Art is the proper task of life. "
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, please do post whatever you find. It will help a lot.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hi, i'm in the same boat, i want to go to the concept art.org atelier and i'm having the same problem trying to find funding. i'm from the uk and have been looking at concept art courses over here but they just don't seem that great. sure i could get a student loan for them but i want to go to a school that's gonna give me something. if i find anything i'll post it!

maybe i should just marry a rich old woman! hmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by LifeWontWait View Post
    I want to attend g nomon school of visual effects but the school itself doesn't offer any scholarships. Also, I have looked around the net a bit for scholarships but it seems most of them are for students that are looking to go to certain accredited universities. G nomon is a career training program... in other words, you don't get a degree, you get a certificate.

Does anyone have any helpful advice for me? Where should I look? Do I basically have to settle for taking out $50k in student loans?

Thanks,
    -Life

EDIT: BTW, I have been out of highschool for 4 years... there seem to be alot for seniors in highschool... not so much for older people.

Members who have read this thread: 1